Chapter 2.

Dead Inside

Sorry guys! I'm so sorry! I thought I hid this chapter but I didn't. So I edited it now and finished it. You know I'm still a rookie author and I'll make sure to be more careful in the future.

Anyways, I didn't make any huge changes. I just corrected obvious gramatical mistakes and added a little bit more information. Thank you and sorry! ^^

 

"Hey, Luhan-ssi don't drink too much! you have a talk show to attend to after dinner!" Hana reminded Luhan when she noticed this was his second drink.

"Ugly freaks like you shouldn't into my businesses!"

Baekhyun exchanged looks with Kris. "He's drunk already" Kris said lamely. He gave up trying to cover Luhan's actions to Yoona and Changmin.

"She's just doing her job as your manager" Baekhyun said, glaring at Luhan.

"So now you're doing your job as the main vocalist?" Luhan shot back, "Why do you defend her so much? Do you like her? Do you think she's pretty with that face?"

Baekhyun was taken aback, he knew his face was red and so he couldn't come up with a good comeback. He just looked at his own hands clasped in his lap bitterly.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Luhan?" Changmin snapped once again.

"Whatever it is, it's none of your businesses." Luhan said, drinking again.
"Well, when I'm here, behave yourself or I won't help breaking your nose the next time you open this mouth of yours"

"I wanna see you try"

Changmin wasn't dumb, he wasn't the kind of person to be provoked easily. 

"You might"

**********

Sulli joined the lot after 20 minutes and luckily for her, she came before they ordered the food.

"So as we wait for the food, let's sing!" Sulli said.

Yoona looked at her weirdly. Sulli saw Yoona's reaction and laughed, "Oh I forgot, it's Yoona-ssi and Changmin-ssi's first time here right?"

Yoona and Changmin nodded. "Well, this restaurant have everything they have in a karaoke shop so we can sing here. All walls are sound proof so it really is like a karaoke. Look there, there's a MIC and a screen where you can pick a song."

"Oh" Yoona looking to the mini stage Sulli was pointing at.

"Who wants to go first?" Sulli asked, excitedly.

"I'll go!" Baekhyun volunteered. He was EXO-K's second main vocalist after all.

He walked up to the mini stage, picked a song and his MIC.

"I hope you enjoy this performance, everyone" he said when the music started.

Baekhyun put on a great performance of 2AM's "I Did Wrong". By the time he was done, everyone was clapping for him.

"That was so good!" Yoona squealed when he took his seat. 

"Thank you~ You go next!" Baekhyun said encouragingly.

"No...no this is embarrassing. Kris-ssi should go or Sulli-ssi." Yoona shook her head fervently. She knew nothing can outperform what Baekhyun just sang but before she can decline even more, Sulli pulled Yoona out of her chair towards the mini stage.

"We'll sing together, so don't be embarrassed" Sulli said, handing Yoona a MIC. Yoona wasn't paying attention to what song Sulli chose, she was busy glaring at the smug Changmin. But then her face flushed even more when she heard the music.

"You could've picked a less embarrassing song!" Yoona exclaimed.

"But 'Gangnam Style' is the most fun, come on!" 

Although Yoona looked uncomfortable at first, once they started dancing. She went crazy.

"Ehhhhhy y Lady~"

Together, Yoona and Sulli danced the horse dance and sang the song in such a way that if PSY heard it, he would regret singing it.

Sulli was still laughing when she whispered into the MIC "Luhan Oppa, it's your turn now"

Luhan stood up lazily and walked to the mini-stage. Sulli handed him her MIC as she and Yoona went to take their seats.

"How was it?" Sulli asked.

"Great!" Hana said then exchanged looks with Baekhyun and burst out laughing.

"It wasn't bad" Changmin laughed too.

"Meanie" Yoona pouted. 

"Come on Yoona, it wasn't that bad!" Sulli said and took off her Jacket. Yoona didn't notice this before because she was too busy admiring everyone's faces but everyone was wearing the same navy blue jacket except for her and Changmin.

"I have a question" Yoona said, "Why are you all wearing the same jacket?"

"This jacket is everywhere in the SM building. Most staff, trainees and artists have at least 5 of them. When Luhan introduced this restaurant to the rest of EXO, we were all wearing the same jacket and when we celebrated Victoria's Noona's birthday here, we were all wearing it too. Then it became a habit, every time we come here. We wear the jacket." Baekhyun laughed. 

"That is so cool!" Yoona said. "Since you have a lot of them, can you give me one?"

Changmin was ready to scold his girlfriend but Luhan interrupted them.

"Manager-ssi, I want you to sing this song" they all turned to Luhan who's eyes were shining as he looked straight at Hana. The music started playing and they knew what song Luhan picked for Hana to sing.

Ugly by 2NE1.

"This song fits you, doesn't it? oh-so-beautiful Choi Hana?"

Baekhyun, Changmin and Kris all stood up, glaring at Luhan.

"is the beautiful Hana refusing her boss' request?"

"Cut it out already" Hana said, looking down so he couldn't see her eyes. "You want me to sing it right?alright, I will"

She quietly walked to him, still looking on the floor as she went, and snatched the MIC from his hand and started singing.

Luhan watched her from the back as she sang and his expression softened as he looked at her, as he heard her voice. Changmin and Yoona were both stunned by Hana's vocals. She was really   good. Hana-ssi who is so pretty and so talented, they wondered why she didn't become an idol.  You don't have to be musically educated to know that Hana flows with potential. if she debuted solo or into a group, she would be the next big thing, no doubt.

The only one to notice Luhan's sadness was Changmin. As Changmin studied Luhan he wondered...

When Hana finished singing, Sulli came to the stage as quietly. Hana was about to question why Sulli wanted to sing again but Sulli took the MIC from her hands and picked a song very quickly.

Luhan and Hana went back to their seats and watched Sulli's performance of SNSD's "Mistake". Surprisingly, Sulli's performance was flowing with emotions. the previous cheerfulness she had when she sang "Gangnam Style" had vanished. Her face screams pain. When she got to the part that says "You know my heart is aching, my heart is hurting...you can't  just ignore that and keep smiling", tears were streaming down her cheeks.
"Why is she crying?" Yoona asked, worried.

"Who knows" Luhan shrugged.

"Please forgive me for being like this, forgive this person who loved you"

~~~~~~~~~

 

"Here's the food!" said Kikwang, the chief brightly.

Kikwang is the one who always brings the food when Luhan and his friends visited Happiness. When Luhan was in High School, he used to come to this very restaurant a lot with his friends. He's pretty close with the Chief and owner, Kikwang. So even though the restaurant is quite famous now, it's still Kikwang who serves them every time they come. Like the old times.

"I still can't belive you chose to study culinary arts instead of joining SM like the rest of us. You could have been something" Luhan said.

"Haha. You know singing isn't my thing. Beside, look at my restaurant, it's doing really well" Kikwang said brightly as he put the food on the table.

"Thanks to us" Luhan reminded him.

"Anyways, it's still successful. I'm always thankful that you guys come and visit" Kikwang said, happily "a lot of your fans come here because you guys do. Thank you"

"It's nothing." Kris complemented. "Your cooking is really the best!" Luhan rolled his eyes.

"You think so?" Kikwang ignored Luhan and chuckled.

"I know so! right Baekhyun?"

"Huh?" Baekhyun was lost for a second then nodded his head. "Yeah..."

Kris smiled awkwardly around the table and let Kikwang finish setting the table.

"Luhan-ssi, eat quickly... we're going to film Entertainment Relay in 30 minutes" Hana.

"Ugh, Why do ugly things always come to me?" Luhan groaned, "I lost my appetite, I'm going to sing now!"

Hana watched Luhan walk away before reassuring everyone that she's "okay". 

"I don't think we'll make it one time, I'll go call the PD and tell him we'll be late" Hana excused herself from the table.

"Hana-ssi" Baekhyun called.

"Hmm?"

"You know, if you need to talk, I'll be there"

"Thanks Baekhyun-ssi. I really appreciate it" Hana said before leaving to call Entertainment Relay's PD"

Meanwhile, Luhan was killing the stage with his vocals. Everyone was quite as Luhan sang "Bloody Venus". Changmin, much to Yoona's suprise,  was smiling throughout the performance. He was amazed by the brightness and happiness that flows through his voice. Changmin thought  Luhan wasn't a person to try hard at something. He viewed Luhan as someone who's constipated for infinite. Someone who never smiles and someone who's constantly lazy. But Luhan was singing with energy, his voice was happy. Just by watching him, Changmin knew that to Luhan, singing was his dream, the stage was his heaven, that Luhan is truly enjoying himself on the stage and for the first time, he wasn't suprised that the person standing before him is his girlfriend's favorite singer.

At the of the song, Luhan took off his jacket.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

After Luhan's memorable stage, he sat down confidently, "Great,ha?" he asked, grinning.

He took the smallest piece of Pizza and ate it.

"Gotta admit, that was amazing" Changmin admitted.

Then something awful happened. Something that no one expected.

Luhan fell on his knees, holding on to his throat and started shaking himself brutally then fell on the floor, and in a few seconds stopped moving.

"Hurry up, Baekhyun! Call an ambulance!" Kris yelled and Baekhyun nodded his head, looking for his phone in his pocket.

Changmin was already  by Luhan's side. He held Luhan's wrist, checking for pulse and his heart sank.

"It's too late, he passed away already" he said, grim.

"What, no way!" Kris argued, getting tearful. " Are you stupid? Just because you studied some stupid criminal justice doesn't mean you know everything! He's still alive! Baekhyun, go  call the ing hospital!"

"Yoona" Changmin said, Yoona looked at him in alarm. She knew something happened, she is no idiot. Changmin only speaks in this tone when he's confused and trying to figure something out.

"Okay." Yoona knew what he meant. He wanted her to call the police.

"Okay what? What's up with everyone?" Hana just walked in, then she looked down at Luhan and Changmin.

"Luhan-ssi! oh my god!" She ran to him but Changmin pulled her away before she can touch him.

"Luhan! Luhan!" She yelled. "Luhan answer me!"

"He's dead, don't touch him." Changmin said firmly,"Yoona, stop looking at me like that. Call the police!"

"Dead...dead..."Sulli muttered, and broke down. Hana rushed to her side, crying herself. 

"How did this happen? I leave for 5 minutes and he..." Hana cried, hugging Sulli.

Baekhyun and Kris were completely shocked. They couldn't take this seriously.after all Luhan was still talking to them 5 minutes ago. 

"Sit down guys," Changmin said strongly, "We're not leaving this place until I find out who committed this murder"

"Murder?" Sulli gasped. 

"What do you mean?" Hana asked, still clueless.

"Luhan-ssi died right after eating this pizza. He was obviously poisoned and only one of the people in this resturant could have done it"

 

This is a murder case.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Next Chapter will be the last. Coming on Sunday :) Don't forget to comment!