Final Chapter

Hot Cocoa

 

 A/N: HII! Wow, I have subscribers even before the chapter is up?! That's awesome! I've talked two two of you already so, thanks for showing  how much you're intersted! It means a lot! I hope this doesn't disappoint!

 

    “Hyung, let me have it!” Tao offered his hands out.

                “No! I have to do it! It must be perfect!” Kris ignored the maknae’s help.

                “But you’re going to ruin it, just like the second one!” Tao protested.

                “No I won’t!” Kris stubbornly placed the item on top of the two congruent ones, and patted it down gently for the third to stick.

                “There!” Kris gestured an arm out proudly to his work of art, “Behold, my first snowman!”

                “Very nice handiwork,” Lay approved and looked over the 178 cm tall figure, “But isn’t the mid-section a little….” Lay trailed off, not continuing his sentence because he was afraid he would hurt the leader’s feelings.

                “I told you!” Tao pointed at Kris.

                “There’s nothing wrong with it!” Kris roared, “It has an S-LINE, OK?!” He could not get over their criticism of the snowman’s middle sphere, which was almost too small to support its head. This made it very oddly shaped…

                “We should name it Mr. Peppero!” Tao was unfazed by the fire breathing dragon beside him and hopped forward to place the carrot nose and button eyes on.

                “Stop~!” Xiumin whined and waved the snow shovel at Chen when he threw another snowball at baozi’s back.

Xiumin turned back around to continue shoveling up a pile of snow for his soon to be fort, but he felt a sudden frigid, wetness right on the space of his neck that was uncovered by the scarf. Xiumin yelped and writhed wildly at the snow dripping down his back. Due to the thick jacket he was wearing, he was unable to twist his arms back to stop it from running. Chen laughed in amusement at Xiumin who was spinning in circles, trying to dab at the snow, but his arms barely reached to the back of his head.

“Chen chen!” Xiumin called when Chen was looking at Kris and Tao arguing on the other side of the lawn. When Chen went to face Xiumin, he was met with a handful of snow being lathered onto his face by Xiumin.

“AHH!” Chen’s cry was muffled by Xiumin’s gloved hand.

“Ha! Take that!” Xiumin brushed his hands together proudly. Chen was panting heavily with his head bent forward to shake off of the snow. His eyes were squinted shut because some of it had gotten into his eye.

“Not cool, baozi!” Chen pffted off the snow on his lips.

“That’s what you get!” Xiumin sang.

“Really now?” Chen began with a raised eyebrow, “Want to take this to the next level?!”

“Bring it on!”

You rubbed your hands together and pulled your beanie father over your ears. You liked the snow and the cold weather, but not when it was as cold as it was at the moment. If there was a gust of wind, you would have surely run back inside the house. But because it was one of the few days a year that EXO-M had a day off, in Seoul nonetheless, you decided to hang out as much as possible with your brother and his band mates.

You couldn’t have been happier when your older brother, Jongdae, debuted. EXO gained popularity so quickly that it was almost unbelievable. It was nice to see that he finally got the chance to debut after working so hard for many years at SM, but what the company had EXO doing really concerned you.

 After you joined the EXO fanbase, and was shocked to see updates of their schedule rolling in at lightning speed. First they were at a photo shoot, then a fan signing, dance practice, and a TV show recording all in the same day! That was tiring work! At this point, you were afraid the 12 of them would be worked to death!

“Why aren’t you out there?” A cute deer sat down beside you on the park bench. Your heart stopped a moment before starting up again at high speeds.

Luhan was looking even more adorable than usual in his winter outfit. His blonde hair was peeking out from underneath a wool hat with strings and fuzzy spheres attached to the ends. He didn’t wear a scarf, which made you want to give him yours. It was only natural to think these things for your bias.

Oh yeah, not even a soul knew you liked Luhan the most. From the moment you saw Luhan through the teasers SM had released in anticipation for EXO’s debut, he was your ultimate bias of the twelve. There was just something about him that attracted you. Not to be vain, but the main reason why you were so taken with him was because of his looks. You became an even bigger fan when you met him and got to talk to Luhan in person. To you, everything about him was just so…..perfect.

“No reason,” You shyly replied, mentally kicking yourself for not acting confident. Your head turned down at the slightest feeling of a warm blush coloring your frozen cheeks, so the discoloration could not be seen. That would just be embarrassing.

“Your hands are really pink,” Luhan commented while observing your hands that were clasped in your lap, “are they cold?”

“Only a little,” You lied. A little, was an understatement. Your hands were so cold that you were sure that the fingers would fall off at any moment!

“Really?” Luhan didn’t believe a word you said. He softly poked the tops of your fingers, and retracted his hand almost instantly. There went your heart again, responding sensitively to his touch.

“They’re ice cold!” Luhan gasped. You jumped at the sudden contact of his hands covering yours. Your small hands cradled inside Luhan’s as he rubbed back and forth to create friction and warmth. Out of insecurity and bashfulness, you bit your lip and peeked up at the older man from under your lashes. Luhan was staring right back.

“Do you not have gloves?” He asked.

“I-I do,” You stuttered, “but I’m not sure where they are.”

“That’s unfortunate,” This time Luhan brought your conjoined hands close to his face, and blew out hot air to rid the cold. You gulped and desperately wished that the adrenaline would fade away. He was turning you into a complete mess! Did he know that to most people, this was a form of flirting?

“You know, you don’t have to do this,” You told him because Luhan had still continued to warm your hands. It wasn’t that you wanted him to let go, but it was the opposite. What was weird was that you were liking it a lot. Too much.

“I want to-” Luhan was cut off by Chen.

“Guys! Come here!” Chen waved over to you and Luhan. Kris, Tao, and Lay had forgotten about the snowman and were in a group with Chen and Xiumin.

“Let’s go,” You abruptly stood up from the bench and waddled over to the group with Luhan behind you. This gave you a chance to calm yourself and be presentable for the other guys.

“_____-ah! Join your Oppa’s forces!” Chen stood proudly on one side with Kris and Lay.

“No, join mine! kicking baozi’s taste better anyways!” Xiumin was on the other with Tao. The sides puzzled you. Usually, Tao would be on Kris Oppa’s side. Maybe Kris wouldn’t give Tao what he wants.

“Wait, if there are seven of us, wouldn’t the teams be uneven?” I held both arms out to the teams.

“We’ll take the liability,” Chen stepped up and pulled you from your fluffy jacket collar onto his side.

“I’m not a liability!” You smacked his arm.

“Hit him again!” Xiumin cheered.

“Just take Luhan and get into position!” Chen barked.

“That’s no way to speak to your hyung!” Xiumin reprimanded. Chen rolled his eyes and stalked off to his makeshift fort. Kris followed the younger, but not without sharing a look with Tao. You couldn’t tell if he was glaring or plainly looking at him. Kris’s face was hard to read.

“This is how it will plan out,” Chen dropped into a squatting position behind the snow wall which was our fort, “Lay will sneak through the trees,” Chen pointed to a long line of trees guarding the park, “And sneak up on Tao from behind.”

“Why do I have to get the scary maknae?” Lay knew better than to sneak up on Tao. Tao was generally a cute and loving panda, but in war/wushu mode he was ready to kill anything in his path. If bribed with a Gucci product, he could probably take out their entire fleet (small fleet of four mind you).

“Because Kris is going to be my body guard,” Chen stated.

“And why must I be the body guard?” Kris sighed.

“Because you’re naturally intimidating. Xiumin won’t dare to hit you,” He clasped Kris on the shoulder, “Be lucky you were born with that face, my human shield.”

“What do I do?” You asked and absentmindedly toyed with the bow on your beanie.

“Ahh you’re so cute!” Chen had an Oppa moment and reached forward to pinch your cheeks.

“Yah!” You fought back his large hands.

“Sorry,” Chen coughed and Kris chuckled, “____ I want you to go after Luhan.”

“Why?” You were attentive at the mention of his name.

“He wouldn’t hit you. All you have to do is walk up and hit him with a snowball.”

“I don’t think Luhan is a pacifist….” You trailed off and this time Lay laughed. You raised an eyebrow at him and he just shook his head at you as if to say ‘Never mind,’ and patted your head.

Chen sighed and peeked an eye over the edge of the fort.

“Tao is distracted, go my unicorn! Surprise attack!” Chen ushered. Lay did a James Bond roll which turned into a barrel roll up the hill, and sprung to his feet once shrouded by the trees.

“What is Tao doing?” You noticed Tao was looking down at something in his hand.

“I’m texting him.” Kris was typing rapidly on his phone. Since you were so close to the leader, you could see what the text said on the large screen.

‘I’m sorry Tao tao. <3’ The message said. You couldn’t read much Chinese, so the message above that, in pinyin, wasn’t decodable. But at the end there were a long string of emoticons that included hearts, a crying face, and a kiss.

“Making up with your panda?” You nudged Kris.

“If I don’t, there will be hell to pay later on,” Kris grimaced. Out of nowhere, there was the sound of Tao shrilly whining. Lay had completed his mission.

“Good my minion, well done,” Chen whispered and you gave your brother a WTF look. He was really into this.

“Let’s go!” Chen grabbed Kris. Xiumin let out a war cry upon seeing the enemy’s head honcho, and raised his arm for the strike. Out of nowhere, Chen shoved Kris out in front with a:

“Dragon I choose you!” Chen was watching too much Pokemon these days….

You decided it was a good time to make your move. With Luhan and Xiumin distracted by Kris and Chen, you took the same path as Lay did. You moved as agile as possible in heavy boots and soaked jeans over the fallen logs and debris. As you descended down the hill to the back of the Baozi fort, you could see Lay being pummeled by his dongsaeng. You felt bad for the unicorn that was having snow shoved in his pants by the panda.

With Luhan and Xiumin only yards away, you bent down to gather up a hand full of snow and roll it into a misshapen sphere.  You snuck up on your tip toes, and it was all going well, until you stepped in a thin covering of snow that sent your foot deep into the snow. You gasped in surprise. Crap.

Luhan turned around, and smiled wickedly at you. He had a snow ball in hand, and tossed it up a couple times to show his supremacy at the moment. You gave him your best puppy dog eyes that worked on your older brother a countless amount of times. It made Luhan hesitate and rethink what he was about to do. Wow, you thought, was Luhan really a pacifist?

“He’s supposed to be DEAD!” Xiumin yelled and flung his arms out in exasperation. His right arm hit Luhan with enough force to send him falling down at you. Oh no! You reached for Luhan, but that had him falling right on top of you.

“Oof,” Your lungs let out a rush of air from being squished.

“Are you ok?” Luhan asked worriedly.

“I’m fine.” You and Luhan made eye contact, and it was like (to you) you two were the only ones at the park. Luhan’s eyes were so captivating, you could stare at them for hours. His soft cheekbones were red from frost bite, and the tip of his nose was the same. It was too bad you were going to screw up this innocent moment. 

“Gotcha!” You smushed the snowball on the top of his head. Luhan blinked once, but then broke out into a mile wide smile.

“You!” Luhan laughed. He grabbed snow off the ground and began attacking you with it.

“Aniya! Oppa!” You laughed at the cold on your neck and your face. You blindly picked up snow and flung it back at him. Soon the two of you were on your knees, in a sissy snow fight. You found a tightly compacted block of snow and picked it up with your numb hands.

“Rawr!” You faced Luhan again with the block high over your head. Luhan’s eyes widened and you threw it at him with all your might. Luhan was hit right on the chest which had him collapse onto his back in the snow.

“Victory!” You cheered and stood up. On your right, in the war zone,  Xiumin had been killed by Chen, whose foot was on top of the plushy baozi. Kris was face down in the snow, probably exhausted from being hit so many times. When Luhan wasn’t moving, you hopped over to his form and peered down him.

“Oppa, are you ok?” You waited for his reply, but got none. His arms shot out and grabbed you by the back of the knees, making you squeal.

“You’re so devious,” Luhan chuckled up at you.

“Says the deer who has me trapped,” You merronged him and Luhan grabbed you tighter, making you teeter back and forth.

______________________________________________________________________________

“You know, I think Luhan likes you,” Chen commented.

“What?!” Your heart stopped. If you weren’t facing the coat rack, he could see your blush spreading to the tips of your ears. What was he talking about?! Luhan’s barely heard you speak a full sentence! You took off your scarf and hung that up as well as your jacket.

“He can’t,” You slid off your boots and then helped Chen out of his two layers of protective snow clothing.

“I’ve seen him around you. It’s definitely flirting.” Chen smoothed down your wild hair affectionately.

“Don’t get my hopes up,” You wanted to say, but couldn’t hint that to your bother. You just left after that, and retreated to the kitchen where you could get some hot cocoa that you’ve been craving for the whole day.

Lay and Xiumin were busy singing on the karaoke in the apartment. Lay was doing his best on singing the lyrics well, but Xiumin was bouncing up and down singing horribly off key and very dramatically. Chen joined them, and stole the third mic to join in on the rapping parts. It made you laugh and you scanned the room to find Tao and Kris.

Kris was leaning against the doorframe that connected the living room and the front door. He was scrolling down, reading something on his phone when Tao popped from behind the wall and rested his head on Kris’s shoulder. Kris’s lips moved, and Tao’s did as well. After Tao spoke, Kris looked up above their heads to see a sprig of mistletoe dangling there. Tao grinned at Kris expectantly, and Kris leaned forward to-

That’s when you looked away. You felt like you were intruding, and prying when you shouldn’t be. The water you had been boiling in the kettle whistled and you turned off the gas. You poured it into a large mug and mixed in the mix from the package to create the steaming brown concoction. Two large marshmallows were the finishing touch.

“What-cha got there?” Luhan’s voice came from behind you and he pinched your waist. You jumped and squeaked when your lips, took a dive into the foamy liquid.

“Luhan~!” You whined. He giggled and covered his smile with his hands that were covered by the long sleeves of his yellow sweater. You glared at him and set down the mug. His lips quivered, and he busted out laughing, doubling over and holding onto the kitchen counter for support.

“What?”

“It’s just that you have a mustache,” Luhan made a swiping motion over his upper lip with his index finger. Your eyes widened and went to touch it gingerly, but Luhan stopped you.

“Allow me,” Luhan was so close. His body was inches away, and you could clearly see every flawless mark on his face. The pad of his thumb swept across a small space on your upper lip to remove the white foam. The hand stayed there, and ghosted down to turn up your chin. You were a block of ice as Luhan leaned his head in, and softly pressed your lips together with his in an innocent, time stopping kiss.

Your heart was hammering in your chest, and your head was spinning. Not to mention you were also out of breath just because he was touching you. You experimentally kissed him back, but heard  drowned out screaming from your ears. Luhan pulled back and the magic ended.

“AHHH!” The screaming made you look over to the living room to see Xiumin and Lay staring bug eyed with open mouths at you and Luhan. Chen was just raising an eyebrow as if to say ‘I told you so.’

“I want some hot cocoa!” Tao bounded into the kitchen.

“Just make sure you don’t get a milk mustache. Luhan might kiss it away,” Chen whistled. You blushed beet red and shyly blinked up at Luhan. Luhan smiled back down at you and slipped an arm around your waist.

“Don’t let the teasing get to you, jagiya,” Luhan bit his lip and kissed you once on the temple.

You’d have to get more hot cocoa mustaches from now on.