30

Circle of trust

 

 

“If you are refusing any from her, at least you can take from us Miss Jin.”     The man offered surprising Norma because she was talking to Junsu’s father and beside him was Kim Jaejoong’s mother.

How did they know of this anyway?

Anyhow they did and Nayobi had gone to have lunch while they decided to stay for a while. The rest had not arrived yet.

 

“I am…very honoured to be offered by you…Mr. Kim but…I simply cant let him do anything for me. He had done too much. I’m too indebted to him already. I cant bear…”

 

“Nonsense Miss Jin…I have never seen Junsu so much happy with anyone other than his friends and family.”

Even though he admitted that fact; there was something else in his mind about Norma and Junsu. He could remember clearly when he talked to Junsu last night about his condition and he finally got to know things from Jaejoong’s mother and Jaejoong himself.

 

     Arriving late was usual for Junsu; however this night was something else. Junsu never looked this tired and he knew it. he was Junsu’s father; he was supposed to know it.

 

“What’s bothering you son?”

He asked when Junsu after he had freshened up.

 

“Why you ask dad?”

 

“I’m your father kid. I can tell; you’ve never looked so upset.”

 

“It’s nothing.”    Shoving it off; Junsu stood up and walked to his window when his father added.

 

“I know I haven’t been much of a father ever since your mother died and I quit the company not thinking about you at all…after that I spent most of my time at work even after…”

 

“Dad; you’re more than just a father. I ‘m more than glad that you quit the company because if you hadn’t I would have ended up like hyung which I would never prefer.”

That was it. This was about Jaejoong.

Letting his son rest; not asking further, he called up Jaejoong’s mother to know the whole thing and knew everything what Jaejoong had done.

 

Now, they were here without Junsu’s knowledge.

 

“I’m really sorry…my problems shouldn’t even burden you.”

 

“Norma dear…you’re more like a family now. You have taken care of my grandson and he has grown up to be a fine boy. You taught him well.”

Mrs. Kim smiled softly at her.

 

“My son is very worried about you. And his worries trouble me.”

He further added.

She still shook her head declining when the sudden entrance shocked her. Mr. and Mrs. Kim turned to see a woman strikingly similar to Norma.

 

“What…are you doing here?”     Norma mumbled.

 

“Uh…I am Kim Jaejoong’s mother and this is my brother in law.”

 

“Nice to meet you. And you must be?”

Mr. Kim was stuck asking that. She was so similar to Norma…could she be?

 

“I’m her mother…”

Norma herself was shocked to see Naomi saying that. she addressed Norma as her daughter.

 

“Oh; then we should leave you two alone to talk.”

Mrs. Kim stated softly and took her brother in law out of the room leaving the mother and daughter alone. Naomi kept her stare on Norma who was just astonished by her presence.

 

“Blink, will you? You are scaring me.”    Naomi muttered and took her seat.

 

“Why are you here?”    Norma asked.

 

“To see you…”

 

“Why?”

 

“Why ask? Isn’t that what you wanted?”

 

“No, not after what you said to me. You are just as much as dead to me as I am to you.”

 

“Revenge?”

 

“Oh come on. Who forced you? Brooke or Nayobi?”

 

“None…I came here on my own accord…I…want to help you.”

 

“I don’t need your help.”

 

“I can see that.”

That shut Norma up for few seconds.

 

“Norma…I am not here to taunt you…I know the cause of your condition.”

 

“And what might that be?”

 

“Your biological father…it could only be that. A hole in the heart is mostly genetic and I don’t have this condition. The man…who destroyed me…could only be the cause.”

 

“Taking all of that…why are you still here?”

 

“I told you…I want to help you.”

 

“Why the sudden change?”

Naomi just shrugged to that question. However yesterday was a hell for her and she didn’t want to tell Norma.

 

Naomi noticed that Brooke and Nayobi were rushing out. She approached them and asked what had happened; that’s when they gave her the news.

 

“Norma fainted…she’s in the hospital. Junsu says that she has…ASD…hole in the heart. We are going to see her. Come with us dear.”

 

“Yeah mum. Come with us. You two can finally settle.”

She gaped at them for few minutes…hearing their nonsense. She licked her lips and expressed her opinions.

 

“Go with you? I’m not going anywhere. Why should I see what should happen to her? She could be dead for all I care.”

 

“Typical answer mum. Just what I expected. Lets not waste time dad. We go.”

Nayobi muttered and put on her sneakers and headed out with her father who left her one last disappointing stare.

 

When they finally stepped outside the door; Naomi stood there motionless for seconds unable to think at all. Hearing one tick of the clock, she rushed upstairs to Nayobi’s room and turned on her laptop. She browsed the internet on ASD and took all information she needed and there was one line which caught her attention.

 

Shortened life.

 

She could die…she should die. Her death would take all the pain away. She hated the girl. She hated her cries when she was born and…Naomi was crying now.

 

“My girl…why my girl? Why my Norma?”

 

She never hated her…she gave her up so she could never feel guilty of her mother’s pain in the future.

 

Was it too late though?

 

 “I don’t want it…”

Norma’s straight answer didn’t surprise her.

 

“Well…”

Her words were cut off when Ga-in abruptly entered the room.

 

“Norma we have…”         Ga-in stopped when she saw the woman in front of her…           “Norma…”    Ga-in mumbled.    “She is your…”

 

“Yes I am. You must be her friend.”

Naomi smiled at her.

 

“Yeah…”   Ga-in muttered; turning to Norma she added.    “Taeyeon has arrived for a week from China. She’s outside. Also Hyuna is here to see you. Junsu is here too and…so is his cousin and Park.”

 

Avoiding Jaejoong and Yoochun, Norma brightly smiled at the arrival of Taeyeon and Hyuna.

 

“Tell them to come in.”

 

“Ah…”

Ga-in didn’t know whether she would burst out at her mother or not.

In the midst of such confusion Ga-in chose to do the best.

 

Meanwhile outside the room Taeyeon was talking to the doctor while Junsu listened. Her question was valid; why they did not operate on her yet?

 

“It is against rule to operate on her without consent. She could bring a case against us for assault. Unless we get court order or a criminal lawyer’s assurance.”

 

“I could do that.”    Taeyeon stated.

 

“You can Miss Kim? I will come with you.”     Junsu added.

She nodded and left the crowd without telling anyone with Junsu.

Ga-in came out to call them but all she found was Jaejoong, Yoochun, Hyuna and the older Kims. Oh yeah…Jiyoung was there.

 

Naomi somehow came out afterwards and offered the older Kims for lunch outside to which they both agreed. Although Ga-in had no idea why but she could tell that Naomi had glanced at Jaejoong and Yoochun.

 

The older ones leaving Yoochun was about to enter the room when Ga-in stopped.

 

“You’re not going in Park. Not on my watch.”

 

“Let me talk to her please. I need to say sorry to her.”

 

“I don’t care. So doesn’t Norma.”

 

“I have to apologize damn it!”

 

“Go die…”

 

“Ga-in…let him in.”

It wasn’t Norma who said it…it was Joongki who was walking towards them.

 

“Joongki, when did you arrive? Don’t you have hospital work?”

 

“I know…I took a small break. Let him in. He is genuine about it. I’m a man and I know it.”

 

“Genuine or not; he doesn’t deserve it.”

 

“Ga-in please just…listen to me for once. I am saying this for a reason.”

Sighing and looking at the face…she nodded. Yoochun briefly nodded to Joongki and entered the room startling Norma.

 

“What the hell are you doing here Park?! Who let you in?! Get out!”

Hearing all her curses; he kneeled on his knees shutting her for good.

 

“What are you doing?! Get up! You’re embarrassing me as usual!”

 

“I’m sorry…”

 

“What?”

 

“I’m sorry…Norma. I am here for your forgiveness…forgive me…”

 

“Forgiveness? You’re here for forgiveness? Did you think I’d forgive you? You were seriously thinking that I would forgive you?! Get out! Get out now!”

 

“Norma…”

 

“No! Get out! Get out of my sight! I don’t want to see any of you! Not you! Not your buddy Jaejoong!”

 

“Norma!”

 

“GET THE HELL OUT!”

 

Hearing the screams the doctors rushed in and restrained her from screaming further. She was weak already and screaming like that would make her weaker. The doctors advised him to leave shocking all. Things just happened too quickly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The doctors put her to sleep but the rest were worried. Jaejoong wanted to speak to her but couldn’t. Ga-in was arguing to Joongki at a side for letting Yoochun in. Yoochun was sulking on the bench. Hyuna was sipping on her coffee alone when Jiyoung approached her.

 

“You okay miss?”

 

“Yeah…”

 

“Somehow I never really thought the situation was this serious. I was kind of…betraying my boss…helping her sister Han Nayobi.”

 

“Why?”

 

“I don’t know…I guess love makes you do a lot of dangerous things.”

They went into further conversations as the issue of love came.

 

That was what Ga-in and Joongki were talking about.

 

“You say what Joongki?”

 

“That Park…is in love with your Norma girl.”

 

“Where is Junsu and Taeyeon?”

Ga-in finally realized as she searched for them.

They tried both of them on cell phones and unable to get them; Jaejoong and Yoochun headed out to look for them.

 

“Where could they be?”

Yoochun frustratingly stated.

 

“At the time of need.”

Jaejoong finished.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Few hours went by and they were getting conscious about their safety. Jaejoong heaved in one more time and headed out to look for them when he saw two figues. Taeyeon and Junsu.

 

“Where the hell have you been damn it? we were so worried and…”

Both ignored him and proceeded inside. He gaped at their walking backs. What had gotten into them?

 

“Junsu!”

They kept walking while he chased them.”

 

“Where were you?!”

All of them gasped and asked of their disappearance but they remained quiet. They simply walked to the doctor and handed him a paper.

 

“Your assurance from a criminal lawyer and from a judge. You can operate now.”

Taeyeon turned to the others and asked.

 

“Who will pay?”

 

“Of course I will.”

All turned to their backs to see Naomi standing with Jaejoong’s mother and Junsu’s father.

 

“I’m her mother afterall.”

---------------------------------------------------------

sorry double posted...