Chapter 11

We Meet Again

 

JR looks at his cell phone. “Sigh... Why isn't she picking up?” He presses the name on his contact list calling her again. After a few rings the phone went straight to the answer machine. JR wonders why the person he's calling wasn't picking up the phone. He sighs putting away his phone. He has an uneasy feeling right about now. And what he was thinking is really making him nervous.

Standing by his locker JR thought about the flashback he just had. He shook his head wanting to erase what happened long ago. He and his gang stood by their locker's waiting for class to start. JR open his locker then sighed. “Stupid school,” he mumbled.

 

What's wrong with you?” Minhyun asked.

It's nothing.”

Riiiight. It sounds like the usual,” Baekho said.

I just said I'm fine.”

Okay. But you never told us why you got detention two days ago,” Ren said.

I was fighting.”

“Again?” Minhyun asked.

Yes, again.”

Why?”

Who are you? The police? Don't ask me questions.”

Damn man calm down. We just wanted to know,” Aron said.

Oh. Well just stop asking me questions. I feel like a suspect.” The guys snickers.

What was that fight all about anyway?”

That new student being bullied again.”

Oh her? The one we saw sitting in detention with you. What's her name again. So...? So something,” Baekho said.

She's still getting bullied?” Ren asked.

Yeah and apparently these idiots in here don't understand when I say lay off the new student.”

If they want a beat down everyday then I say we give them one,” Baekho said.

"Who wants to keep fighting every day? I don't have time for people bull crap," Ren said.

 

That reminds me. Why did you help that girl anyway?” Minhyun asked JR.

Wouldn't you help somebody if they were defenseless?”

If it's a girl? Yeah. A boy who's a new student? Yeah, I'll help him. A guy that I don't like? No. I'll watch him get his kicked.”

But there's something odd about what you did. You never helped out a girl who goes to this school,” Ren said.

That's because all the girl's in here are air heads," JR said.

Except for that one girl you help two days ago. She seems different, “ Aron said.

Yeah,” JR told him. Minhyun snickers.

What's gotten into you JR? You have never been this calm about a girl. Well, there was this one girl name-” JR slammed his locker loudly making his gang jump and the students turn their heads.

A YO SHUT THE HELL UP! DON'T EVEN BRING HER UP. DON'T SAY HER NAME! I DON'T EVEN WANT TO HEAR NOTHING ABOUT HER!”

Damn JR calm down,” Baekho told him.

Yeah I wasn't even going to say her name,” Minhyun said.

SHUT UP! Just change the subject!”

Alright damn.” Ren, Aron and Baekho snickers. JR sighs. When he turns around a girl shoulder bump him by accident making her books fall to the floor.

Damn,” you said sighing. JR stares at you. “Dude, you need to watch where you are-” You stop talking seeing the person she bumped into. “Oh, it's you JR. I-I'm sorry I didn't see you.”

Watch where you're going,” he told you.

I'm sorry I-Wait a minute, hold up. You bumped into-” JR bends down to pick up the books, then he hands it to you.

Here,” he said giving you back your books while looking away. You take them from him.

Thanks.”

Yeah whatever just go. And have you ever wondered that maybe you need glasses?"

"Glasses? I don't need glasses."

"Are you sure? Because if you bump into me again there will be a problem.”

A problem? Dude you bumped into me first.”

Yawn,” JR said ignoring you. He turns away to face his locker. You stare at him.

 

Excuse me but I don't like your attitude towards me. You can't just talk to me anyway you want. I mean who do you think you are?” As you talked away JR stood there ignoring you with a bored expression. “Hey? Are you even listening?”

Who said that? Hey did you guys hear something?” JR asked them.

No.”

Nothing.”

I didn't hear a thing.” The guys laugh.

Oh, I guess I'm hearing things.” You glare at him.

"You're starting to piss me off."

"Ooh..." the guys said. "Oh I'm sorry. Are we pissing you off?"JR asked pouting as he teases her.

"Yeah and I'm starting to get angry."

"Aww do you hear this you guys? The newbie is starting to get angry," Minhyun said.

"Boo hoo hoo," the guy said pouting.

"We don't give a damn about you being angry. You're not the only one who is. Other students that go here are too. You think people care about you being pissed off and upset? Look where you're at. You're in Pledis High. A school for delinquent's, just like yourself. If they see that you are weak prepare to get your kicked every day. You are no different from anyone else. Don't no one out there gives a damn about how we feel. And they especially won't give a damn about you feel neither you delinquent," JR told you. You clench her fist then grit your teeth.

"I'M NOT A DELINQUENT!"

"Oh yeah? Then what are you doing here?" You flashback to what happen long ago. Not wanting to remember you shut your eyes looking away from him. "Exactly. Like I said before, you're a del-" (POW!) Without thinking twice you punch JR in the jaw. His gang mouth flew open when they realize what just happen.

 

"I'M NOT A DELINQUENT! I'M NOTHING LIKE YOU GANSTERS AND TROUBLE STUDENTS! I'M DIFFERENT!" JR stares at you with a mean look. His gang walks towards them surrounded you in a circle. You stare at them wondering what will they do. That does it. You got sick of this. Sick of people surrounded you, sick of getting into fights. You had enough. "That's it! You guys want to fight?! Let's go!"

"Teach her a lesson," JR told them.

"You made a bad choice hitting our leader," Aron said pushing her to Baekho. He pushes you to Minhyun then he pushed you to the floor. He picks you up then push you to Ren. They continue to push you around roughly in the circle.

"You must don't know who you are dealing with," Minhyun said pulling your hair. He released you then kicks you away from them. Baekho sticks his foot out making you fall on your face. "Damn." When you turn around JR yanks you up by your jacket then push you roughly to the lockers. You stare at them with a mean look.

"Let me tell you something. If you EVER! ​IN YOUR LIFE! Put your hands on me. Because if you do, I guarantee you will be getting into more fights with me than anyone else in this damn school. Let what I said to be a warning to you, delinquent," JR said pushing you. He glares at you one more time then walks away. His gang glares at you when follows behind him. You sigh.

"s. Sigh... Well, at least they didn't beat me up, jerks."