Ice Princess: Wooyoung

Shhh. Wandering. Mischief. Silly.

 

There is a thick glass separating them.

The difference between them is that she is constrained within a border and he is not.

They say she is a princess frozen in time.

That she doesn’t feel anymore.

Her existence is a mere accessory behind a display case.

Wooyoung knows those are not true.

They also say that the eyes are the window to the soul, and Wooyoung sees so much through her icy cold stare.

Because she has been standing behind that glass, she has seen much more, grieved much longer.

There is pain in her eyes.

“Can you hear me?” Wooyoung whisper. Such noise of meek decibel is impossible to pierce through the thick glass. Surprisingly though, Wooyoung thinks he sees a minor movement of her eyelash. He is convinced that his eyes are not playing tricks on him because he has been watching her intently.

Wooyoung puts his hand on the glass that is separating them, as if doing so equals to him comforting her with his gentle touch.

“If there is a way to free you, I would.” He adds.

I am not in need of such thing as being free.

Wooyoung’s eyes widen. Just now, a voice rings in his head, but the ethereal beauty behind the glass case has always been still.

Yes. It is indeed I who spoke to you just now.

“How is that possible?”

Because you try to listen.

“Is there anything I can do to help you with?”

Yes, there is. Standing behind this glass for hundreds of years has left me with nothing but to witness humans degrading themselves to greed and bloodshed.

“Yes, sadly it’s true.”

For someone who is willing to listen to a voiceless being, promise me one thing.

“I will. I’ll do anything for you.”

Promise me that you’ll never lose faith in humanity, and keep holding your belief in it. No matter how hopeless it might seem, always spread love and compassion. Protect the helpless, and enrich yourself with knowledge. That is all I’m asking from you.

Wooyoung nods. “I’ll keep that in mind. I promise you all of that.”

 

-

 

[Author's Note] Based on the word prompt [Glass]. Haha, this drabble just... happened orz... kinda lame tbh...