Temporary Retirement: Minjun

Shhh. Wandering. Mischief. Silly.

 

“Oh, Minjun! I didn’t know you’re coming home today?” a woman who barely reached fifty brightened as she saw her son appearing at the door step. Minjun gave her a quick hug before stepping in.

“I’m quitting.”

“Oh? That’s too bad. Lunch is about ready, you come back just at the right time.” The woman was about to return to the kitchen.

“Mom, you don’t sound concerned.”

“Well, you say you’re quitting everytime.”

“I’m serious this time.”

“Oh, okay.”

 

Phone call 1

“Hyung,[2] where are you? I need help!” Junho whined into the phone.

“I’m back at home already. I’m quitting.”

“What? Come back right here. Didn’t I tell you yesterday that I need you to listen to my song?”

“Junho, you can always find someo-”

“Hyung, I have to show this song to Jinyoung hyung tomorrow no matter what. But you need to listen to this first. You know you’re good with your ballads. Just come back right here. I’ll treat you to ddukbokki okay?”

Click.

“Punk.”

 

Phone call 2

“Hey, Jun... I mean, Minjunie.”

“What is it, Khun?”

“I’m making ddukbokki for everyone. Where did you put the chili paste?”

“It’s at the top shelf of the fridge. If you can’t see it, it’s probably hidden behind a peanut butter jar.”

“Ah, found it! Thanks! Ah, and one more thing. What did you put near the end of the cooking? Is it sesame seed?”

“No, you put that at the end, as finishing. I put fishcake before I finish cooking. Don’t put too much if you want it to be spicy.”

“Great! Anyways, where are you right now? Why are you not home yet?”

“I’m back at hometown. Khun, I’m quitting 2pm. Don’t you remember? I told you last night.”

“Oh! Have fun with your family! Send my regards to your mom!”

Click.

“Fruity .”

 

Phone call 3

“Minjunieee!”

Taecyeon. The most annoying out of the bunch.

“Minjunieee! Did you receive those two pictures? I can’t decide. Help!”

“Am I your personal stylist?! Ask someone else! By the way! I quit!”

“Stop that! Just come back home. Please choose between the leather jacket and the gray sweater, please? My date is in thirty minutes, please help me!”

Click.

“Why is nobody taking me seriously?!”

 

Phone call 4

“Hyung! Where are you? I miss you!” Wooyoung called with a whiny tone.

 

Phone call 5

“Hyung, please say something to Junho. He’s been causing trouble in my room all day!”

Chansung might not look like it, but he really is a cute maknae[2] to all his hyungs.

 

“Minjun, where are you going? Lunch is almost ready.”

“I need to go back to Seoul. Everyone is bugging me it’s ridiculous,” Minjun replied, grumpy and all.

“But what about lunch?”

“I’ll be home this weekend, okay?” He assured his mother and gave her a hug before he left.

 

-

[1] hyung - what guys call other older guy friends.

[2] maknae - the youngest in siblings or a group of people.

-

[Author's Note] For those who don't know yet, Junsu changed his name to Minjun late last year. Most fans are comfortable calling him Jun. K, but I like to mention his real name instead, even though I slipped sometimes. Minjun is a really pretty name, don't you think? Hehe.