Mortal Beauty: Chansung

Shhh. Wandering. Mischief. Silly.

 

Rin whistles happily to her favorite 2pm song, Only You, while watching Chansung playing with his cat. Rin loves watching Chansung on her past time. She knows everything about Chansung; probably more so than his mother does. She knows what song Chansung sings to in showers, which foot he put in a shoe first, which mole on which part of his body, everything. If there was a ranking for fan’s devotion towards their favorite idol, Rin would have placed on the top of the hierarchy, placing far above the sasaeng fans.[1] Today, Chansung comes back home, the house his family lives in, and Rin is so happy to see him so relaxed and cheerful at home.

 

“Ooh!” Rin perks up when Chansung returned to his room, takes off his shirt and grabs his towel as he heads to the bathroom.

 

“Stop slacking,” a loud whack is heard, immediately following the casual warning. Rin yelps in pain and grabs the top of her head. Her gesture messes the previously smooth, combed hair which reaches to her waist. Rin looks back and glares at her fellow colleague who is handing her a rather thick folder which previously was used to smack Rin’s head just now. Although reluctant, Rin takes it anyway.

 

“Get working. I have to send a lot of blessings to people today. On the other hand, you have to collect prayers from the locations listed in that folder today.”

 

Rin pouts as she gets up. She manages to glance at the scene below her. Chansung is shampooing his hair. Rin sighs and then smoothed her wrinkled chiffon dress.

 

“Why can’t they just assign me as Chansung’s guardian angel already?” Rin mumbles to herself. Her colleague just now who was standing nearby hears her anyway.

 

“Have you sent the application form?” She asks.

 

“Countless times.”

 

“I guess you got rejected because all you would do would be ogling over him.”

 

“I won’t do that!”

 

“Whatever. Get your working now or you’ll have to do over time tonight. See ya,” Rin’s friend grins at her and waves as she jumps off the edge of the cloud towards the Earth. Her large white wings flaps in the sky, blowing strong breeze into the atmosphere before she speeds up to her destination with her own thick folder in her hand.

 

-

 

Her friend is right. Rin does had a lot to do that day, she ends up finishing it in the early morning. In human’s world, it is already three in the morning. Well, if she hadn’t been slacking and spent the day watching Chansung, she would have finished her job earlier. Now that she is free and tired, she is back to watching Chansung again. Angels have their own share of stressing days too and watching Chansung is her most effective way to distress.

 

Rin is sitting on top of an electric pole, dangling her legs in the air freely. She hums the sweet tune of ‘Only You’ as she watches Chansung in his sleep through the window of his bedroom.

 

Rin sighs. If Chansung was dead, she could have visited him in the heaven every single day and talk to him or play with him, just be close with him. But the thought gives her a sudden idea. Even if Chansung is mere mortal and alive on Earth, that doesn’t mean she couldn’t be close with him. It is againts the rules for the angels to make contacts with human beings, but as long as she stays harmless and doesn’t cause trouble, Rin thinks, why not?

 

Rin flies to the two storeyed, average town house and passes through the glass window without the trouble of having to open it. She carefully descends on his bed, folding her legs underneath. She effortlessly keeps her wing under the skin of her back as her smile grows wider. Seeing Chansung up close is a magical experience. His fair skin glows under the moonlight. When he sleeps, he looks so calm and pure, just like a baby. He might be a human, but his looks could compare to a lot of angels up there.

 

“How gorgeous,” she whispers. From Chansung’s side, she bends her body lower and lightly places a finger on his forehead. She traces downwards, along the bridge of his nose, and then lingers a while on his lips. Oh, his gorgeous, pouty lips. How can a human have such a perfect lips?

 

Her finger continues to make a trail down his adam’s apple, to his collar bone, and then his chest. She spreads her five fingers on his abs to feel his sculpted abdominal muscles, and suppresses down her giggle when the excitement inside bubbles up. Rin hesitates to move lower down for a while as she stares curiously on his blessed crotch. She bites down her lower lips, smiling as she considers if she wants to go further.

 

Rin finally decides against it, thinking that she might get badly scolded by the archangel later on. Rin shakes her head off her erted thoughts and smiles again as she her attention returns on his beautiful face, taking in its details. Chansung stirs a little and his lids opens up heavily. Rin isn’t worried if he sees her at all. She will just convince him that he is having a dream.

 

Chansung blinks a couple of times before he becomes wide awake in an instant, alerted by the presence of a stranger in his room.

 

“W-Who are you?!” He asks. His voice still sounds a little sleepy even when he abruptly bolts up and scoots backwards until his back is pressed against the bedhead.

 

“Shhh,” Rin smiles and scoots closer to him. She cups his face and presses her thumbs on his lips.

 

“We should be quiet. It won’t be good if other people know about this,” Rin tells him with a wide smile plastered on her lips, like was permanently carved on her face in that shape. Chansung’s eyes widen in confusion. The situation is bizarre to him,; waking up in the middle of the night just to find a stranger girl in his room, no matter how gorgeous she looks. Her face is a bit baby-ish, which made her seems like a fifteen or sixteen year old, but her body proves otherwise. Her pale, glowing skin is wrapped in a tight, white chiffon dress. From the waist line downwards, the skirt billows out like a full-bloomed flower. Her smooth, milky coloured shoulders are bare, and a bit of her cleavage peeks out of her dress, hinting the generous size she keeps inside. Her long hair is the colour darkness, with a tint of blue-ish glow to it. But her eyes, they are of clear, icy blue which have some sort of magnetic power to it. Chansung is immediately drawn to those pair of eyes, like his soul was out of his body just from looking into her eyes.

 

“Who are you?” Chansung askd again. This time his voice sounds softer, lacking the fear he had previously. He looks like a guy who has fallen under a spell.

 

Rin grins wide. The hands that are on his face just now slides lower in a slow motion, resting on his pecs.

 

“My name is Rin. I am your biggest fan,”

 

“Fan? How did you get in here?”

 

Rin giggles. Her voice rings cheerfully, like the gay voices of birds in the morning, like the soft breeze blowing in the spring. Also, as crazy as this might sound, Chansung thinks he can hear the sound of magic dust sprinkling in the air behind her laughter. Everything about her seems so magical.

 

“Why does it even matter? This is just your dream, Hwang Chansung. In a dream, anything can happen,”

 

It sure doesn’t feel like a dream. He can move his hands around on his own will, though under that mesmerising pair of sapphires she had, he is rendered paralysed.

 

“What do you want from me?” Chansung asks again.

 

“Ooh! I like that question!” Rin giggles, but quickly pressed her palm over her lips. For some reason, her reaction made him smile as well. Rin feels more happiness bubbling inside her at the fact that Chansung smiles for her.

 

“Close your eyes,” she requests.

 

“Close my eyes?” Chansung repeats.

 

“Mm-hm,” Rin nods.

 

The anticipation shows on her face when Rin continues to stare at him with the glint of mischief in her eyes. She bites her lower lips when Chansung complies to her request. Rin slowly leans closer to him, an inch at a time, until the gap between them completely sealed with their locking lips. Chansung doesn’t back away from her advance, which encourage her to press further into the kiss. Yes, it feels totally like she has always imagined. Soft, sweet, delicious.

 

-

 

Chansung wakes up at the loud ringing of his ringtone. He glances at the phone screen before picking up the call. It’s 2pm’s manager.

 

“Hyung, what’s up?” Chansung yawns into his phone. This is when he realizes that he woke up in a weird position. He is sitting on the bed, leaning against the bedhead. This position is eerily, exactly, the same in his dream last night.

 

Dream? Something doesn’t feels right.

 

“Did you do something, anything I don’t know of recently? Posted a picture on your twitter or something?”

 

“Huh?” Chansung’s brows knit in confusion, “no. Not recently,”

 

Chansung’s heart begins to beat rapidly. This doesn’t sound too good…

 

“The fans are all hyped up about you. No, I mean your lips. They are all going crazy about your lips. There’s this poll which comes out this morning – Idol You Most Want to Have Your First Kiss With – and you topped that poll! And then there are five commercial offers and they all request for a kiss scene!”

 

The manager sounds excited and even a bit flustered at the end of the line. Chansung leaned away from the bedhead behind him, feeling a bit overwhelmed by the waves of shocking news.

 

“W-wait… What did you say?” Chansung asks.

 

His manager laughs heartily at the other end of the line, “You sure you didn’t do anything recently? Hit a jackpot or something? Kissed by an angel, maybe?” the manager laughed some more.

 

“Kissed by an angel?” Chansung scoffs. That sounds ridiculous but the dream last night - if it is a dream – is so vivid, he can remember every details, he doubts it is a dream. Her glowing skin, thast smooth long hair of hers, the round big pairs of ice coloured eyes, the ever mischievous smiling lips, and oh, the way she moved them against his.

 

And then he spots a foreign object on his bed, not so far from him. He reaches for it and inspects the object closely.

 

A white feather.

 

Chansung chuckles, in disbelief nonetheless.

 

“Maybe,” he tells his manager.

 

-

[1] sasaeng fan - easily translated as stalker, extremely obsessed fan

-

[Author's Note] The title isn't too suitable for this entry but it is a drabble anyway and I don't want to make sense. First time trying to write in present tense and it's more difficult than I thought. I'm sticking to past tense next time. Maybe. So there you have it, a creepy, stalkerish, mischievous angel obsessing over Chansung. Don't deny it, I know you've had this kind of thought over your fav idol at least once because I do orz. This entry is produced when I'm on crack my brain is wandering off too far from the realm of logic and common sense (which is pretty much most of the time).