I Spy

The Bubble Tea Store

 

-- Back to Hyemi's POV.

 

After explaining the reason behind my sudden arrival, Exo found it necessary to hold a small celebration. I told them that coming here was my parent's surprise for me, a reward for working hard at our store and achieving good grades at school.

At this moment, we were roaming the streets of Jeju Island, deciding what to do. It was already seven o'clock.

"Hyemi, we don't know where to go," D.O frowned, turning around to face me. "Kris keeps getting us lost."

Kris glared at him, "What?! We're not lost. I purposely made us walk around the island. Twice."

"It's been an hour. Let's just go back to the hotel," Tao suggested, dragging his tired feet.

"That's what you get for playing too much in the water," Luhan stated, patting his back.

"So, should we have dinner now? I'm hungry," Lay rubbed his stomach.

"Okay, let's find a good restaurant. Everyone, follow me!" Kris began leading again, only to be stopped by Baekhyun.

"NO," Baekhyun firmly stated, "I'll find one. You just follow and think about your lack of direction."

Once again, we were walking aimlessly around the town. 

"Does anyone want to play 'I Spy' with me?" Chen asked eagerly. They all glanced at him, unamused. He pouted in response. "Come on, I'm just trying to lighten up the mood. You all look like you're going to faint out of boredom or something."

"Okay, I'll play," Luhan volunteered.

"You start. Go," Chen said.

"I spy with my little eye," Luhan quickly scanned the environment with pursed lips.

"Something short with very large eyes," Kai finished for him as he glanced at D.O.

"Oh, what?" D.O mumbled. 

"I know this one! Um, an owl?" Chen guessed with a tilted head. Kai and D.O gave him a confused look. "I guess not..."

"Okay, my turn!" Tao chirped, his eyes darting from one object to another on the street. "I spy with my panda eye, something cute, yellow, and rabbit-like."

"Pikachu," Lay answered in lightning speed. Tao gawked at him.

"How could you guess it so fast?!" he asked incredulously.

"Actually, I saw you staring at a plushie over there and you were whispering the word yourself," Lay shrugged. "You're so bad at this game."

"Hey, Baekhyun," Chanyeol called, glancing around. "You don't know where you're going, do you?"

"We're almost there," Baekhyun replied, confident in his sense of direction. The boys continued with their game.

Just then, I felt someone lightly bump into me. I turned my head and noticed Sehun smiling. 

"You're such a slow poke," he said.

"You don't have to wait for me," I pushed him forward. Chuckling, he stopped in his tracks and waited until I was beside him again. 

"Then you'll up getting yourself lost."

"So thoughtful of you to care." 

"I know."

"Seriously, though. I can handle being alone," I said.

Sehun nodded in understanding, "So can I. We should totally be loners together."

My eye twitched.

"This place is really nice," he changed the subject, his eyes wandering.

"Yeah, it is actually," I agreed. We walked in silence for a couple of minutes, admiring the colourful lights floating around us.

"I still can't believe you're here," Sehun spoke up. He was grinning.

"How many times do you have to repeat that?"

"Until I don't feel excited about it anymore," he shrugged.

"It's already been an hour. Get over it."

"Do you know why I'm excited?" he asked in a mischievous tone. "Because you came all this way just to be with me!"

I silently groaned.

"You're so sweet," he cooed. 

I pushed him away and then fastened my pace, "I already told you I'm on a family trip!"

"We're here!" Baekhyun suddenly announced, gaining everyone's attention. We looked at where he had led us to.

"Our hotel? You said you were gonna take us to a restaurant," Chanyeol smacked his forehead.

Suho didn't complain as he just strode inside, "I don't care anymore. I want to eat!"

 

♦ ♦ ♦

 

We ordered our own meals and patiently waited for it to arrive. I gave my parents a wave when I saw them having dinner a few tables away.

"I made a list of what we can do this week," D.O began, looking excited. "You want to hear it, Hyemi?"

I nodded and gestured him to continue. He then began listing with his fingers. 

"Okay, first, we can go to an amusement park, go waterskiing and fishing. Then maybe, um, a ferry ride, watch the sunset, go shopping and clubbing."

"You left out going to the beach to check girls out. That would be fun," Kai leaned back on his chair coolly.

"You already did that the entire day today!" D.O glared at him.

"We can check girls out at the club too," Kris muttered under his breath, smirking.

"erts," D.O rolled his eyes. 

Our chattering came to a minimum when we spotted our meals finally arriving, served in a trolley being pushed by a very good-looking waiter. 

"There you go. Enjoy," the waiter smiled at each person as he circled our table, setting their food in front of them. 

I just stared at him. He had a killer eye-smile and he looked so fine in that white dress-shirt. My gaze immediately dropped when he looked my way and gave me a different kind of smile, aware that I was staring.

"Can I have your fries, Kai?" Chanyeol asked, reaching out for Kai's food before even hearing an answer. 

"No, I don't share!" Kai slapped his hand away. 

I heard the trolley roll closer until it stopped behind me. The waiter unintentionally brushed an arm against my shoulder when he presented my plate of delicious food. I slightly looked up, catching a glimpse of his name tag. 

Kim Myungsoo.

"Enjoy your meal," he said to me, smirking.

He finally left after he finished serving our table. 

"Well, that was intense," Sehun said to me as he forked up a slice of his chicken. "You should get his number."

"Shut up!" I glared at him. 

"You were so obvious," Sehun rolled his eyes. 

"But he was so cute, wasn't he?" I grinned.

"I'm not even going to answer that question."

I spun a fork of spaghetti again while I observed Sehun. 

"Sehun, do you want to play 'I Spy' with me?" I asked nonchalantly. 

Sehun swallowed his food and gave me a raised eyebrow, "Right now?"

"Sure, why not?" I shrugged. 

"Okay," he continued to give me a suspicious look. I grabbed a glass and poured water on it. 

"I spy with my little eye, someone tall, somewhat good-looking, immature and," I then gave him a sideway glance, "jealous."

I saw the corner of his lips lift upwards. 

"Me?" he questioned. 

"You catch on fast," I snickered. 

"You think I'm jealous? That's cute, Hyemi," Sehun waved a hand.

"Chanyeol, I don't share either!" Baekhyun suddenly yelled, followed by a slap. 

"I know you like me," I said to Sehun jokingly.

"Well, it's not really a secret. How can I not like you? You're adorable," he poked my cheek.

"I don't want to play this game anymore!" I acknowledged my defeat, slapping his hand away. I drank my water and continued eating.

"Not yet. It's my turn!" he argued. 

"No."

He ignored me and continued anyway. 

"Okay, I spy with my little, someone short-tempered, pretty, and in love with me," Sehun smirked at me.

"I am not!" I threw him a death glare. 

"Isn't this nice?" Chen beamed. "You're all having fun because of this game I suggested."

Everyone just continued eating, not bothering to listen to him.

I can't wait to see what the rest of this vacation has in store for us.