Bus Ride

The Bubble Tea Store

 

After switching the store lights off, Exo-K walked out first and I followed right after, locking the door behind me.

We waited at the bus stop for a few minutes for the bus to arrive. When it did, I noticed that it was only occupied by us. I sat by the window alone while the others paired up. I was across from Sehun who was also by the window. 

Throughout the entire ride, I kept silent and just listened to the boys talk. One by one, a person would hop off the bus when we arrived at their stop. Baekhyun got off with Kai because he was staying at his cousin's house tonight, which was near where Kai lived. 

It seemed like the bus wasn't busy at night since no new passengers came. The bus continued its route until eventually only two passengers remained – me and Sehun. 

We didn't speak to each other. I wasn't bothered by the silence. It wasn't awkward too.

Curious, I glanced at Sehun. I noticed he was staring out the window, his hand supporting his head. It was nine o'clock and I understood how tired he was. 

"Did you miss your stop?" I asked him. He turned his attention to me. 

"No, I think it's two stops after yours," he simply replied. I nodded, and again, silence filled the air. 

"Is it me or is this ride going on forever?" I couldn't help but say.

We've only been here for at least fifteen minutes since the moment we got on with the others but it felt like it's been hours. 

"It's going pretty fast if you ask me," Sehun chuckled and then smiled cheekily. "Sit next to me. Maybe that will make time go faster for you."

"No!" I glared at him.

"Are you bored?"

"No," I replied truthfully. Riding the bus like this give others the opportunity to think and collect their thoughts. 

"Of course you're not bored. It's because I'm here!" Sehun chirped.

I scoffed, "You wish."

Sehun clicked his tongue.

"You should be cherishing these moments you have with me since I'll be going away in a couple of days," he said. I looked at him in confusion.

"What do you mean? Where are you going?" I questioned. 

"To Jeju Island for a week." 

"Why?"

"Just for a vacation. Exo's going with me," he answered.

"What? But school break just ended! Are you that tired of school already?"

"I'm not worried about my grades. I'm doing perfectly fine," he reasoned.

"I can't believe I won't be seeing you for a whole week," I grinned, thrilled by the idea.

"You're going to miss me, I know. But don't worry. I'm going to miss you more!" Sehun sang. "What would your answer be if I asked you to come along with us?"

"I can't skip school," I reminded him.

"Hyemi, it's only for one week. Relax."

"Plus, my parents won't ever let me go anywhere with boys," I pointed out in which Sehun nodded in understanding. "When are you leaving for Jeju?"

"On Monday," he replied.

Today is Thursday. There's four days remaining. 

"Aw, how are you going to cope without me?" I pretended to care for his feelings with a cute pout. 

"Actually, I should be the one asking you that question. You'll be deeply saddened every day knowing that you won't have anyone to stare at."

"I don't stare at you!" I protested, my cute act instantly disappearing.

Just then, I felt the bus come to a halt. I crossed my arms in annoyance and didn't bother to talk anymore.

"You're so cute. You prefer to keep me company, don't you?" Sehun asked with a cheeky smile. 

"What are you talking about?" I questioned him.

"This is your stop." 

I swiftly glanced out the window.

My eyes widen in realization that this was indeed my stop. I didn't realise that the bus door was already opened and it now automatically closed. 

"WAIT!" I shouted at the bus driver. He looked at me through the rear view mirror. I heard Sehun laugh as I quickly gathered my belongings and stood up. 

"Damn, I shouldn't have told you. Don't leave me," he pouted.

"That never works on me but thanks for trying," I smirked at him before getting off.

I gave Sehun a final glance. Before the bus drove off, he didn't forget to give me a wink. 

 

[Sehun's POV]

I lied. I was supposed to get off three stops before Hyemi's. Since it was late at night, I knew I had to keep her company so she could get home safely.

She's so cute.

I admit, for a second I didn't want to tell her that we had arrived at her stop, but it was clear that I would receive a whole load of punches from her and an entire bus round of her angry screams if I hadn't. 

Being away from Hyemi for a whole week will be a challenge. I won't be able to and secretly hide my joy when I see her annoyed expression. I won't be able to visit her at the store and drink her bubble tea. 

But I have no one else to blame but myself because I was the one who suggested to go on a vacation. I need a break even though the second semester just started a couple of weeks ago. I want to have fun. Being stuck at home and just study was not fun. 

Is Hyemi going to miss me while I'm gone?

Deep in thought, I rested my chin on my palm and just observed the empty streets. I guess missing my stop gives me an advantage in this situation. I can think of Hyemi for one whole hour...