Neverland

Neverland - Palace of Glass

 

Aurelia pranced towards Eli and hugged the stiff figure. She buried her face in his chest. "I knew you would love me once i got rid of everyone else that you loved!" She giggled, delirious with happiness, derived from her warped sense of reality and love. All of a sudden, she snapped out of it and released Eli from the hug. 

Neverland, neverland,

Turn this city to glass

No one leaves, moves or sees

Never to escape till I release them

Her hands were raised in the air, her eyelids closed as she chanted the terrible spell in a low voice. Thick dark clouds immediately gathered, lightning flashed and rain poured down on the city as the city faded away from the rest of the world.

---

"No! No, no, no, no, no!!!" Victoria shouted over and over again as the Glass City faded before her eyes. She had returned from a far away city to her home, and saw the note her niece, Elsie wrote and placed on the dining table. It said that the Crown Prince, Eli, was going to propose to Elsie and that Elsie was going to the Palace and would return in time for dinner.

Eli...Eli... Why did the name seem so familiar to the witch? Oh dear... Ellison... The man that Aurelia loves! Oh no! Victoria thought. Victoria had seen unlimited potential in the young girl but also a deep darkness. Worried that Aurelia might do somthing to her niece, she dashed out of the house and mounted the brown horse in front of her house and rode towards the City immediately. 

Yet as she rode towards the city, it started to disappear, one part at a time. She knew this spell. the NEVERLAND spell. The one invented and only used by the most powerful witches and wizards of all time. No!!! Her thoughts screamed as the City disappeared completely as her horse rode onto the periphery of where the City used to stand. Victoria rode hard to where the Palace used to be, now a dense forest, buried her face in her hands and started to weep. She knew that her niece was probably dead by now. Victoria was a powerful witch, but not so powerful to counteract this spell. 

She rode away, desperate and pained, taking a last look at where the city once stood, vowing to find and destroy Aurelia.

---

In the palace, Aurelia opened her eyes slowly, lowering her arms and turning to Eli, a sickly sweet smile plastered on her face after the completion of the spell. She saw the horrified grimace on his face and the furrowed brow of pain and fear but saw it as a sweet smile in her sick mind. She looked down at the plain dress that she wore and frowned. "Hmm, a Queen cannot be seen like this, can she? I'll go get my crown and a nice dress. Wait here for me, won't you, my dear?" She threw him a delirious smile before prancing out of the ballroom, towards the Queen's room.

Once she left, Eli's knees could no longer hold him anymore as he collapsed, kneeling on the marble tiles. His eyes were wide, his mind swirling with too many emotions at too fast a time. "Ellison! Here!" Kevin called out to him from a mirror, his voice slightly muffled by the glass. Eli stumbled over to where the mirrors stood, tears trickling down his cheeks as he looked at his entrapped brothers.  

"Ellison, don't cry. Don't let that witch see your weakness." Soo Hyun insisted gently, the sight of his heart-broken brother breaking his heart.
 
"Ellison, listen to me." AJ spoke to his distraught brother. He explained that he had heard rumours that women of red hair and green eyes had magic flowing in their blood. So when he saw Eli smitten with the girl at first sight, so much so that he wouldn't speak to Elsie, he knew something was wrong. He had guessed that the magic was trapped in the glass slipper somehow so he had gone and read up on magic. Coincidently, he chanced upon an ancient curse called the Glass Curse. He guessed that Aurelia may use such a spell, so after much effort, he located the counterspell, written by an old king, an old yellowing book sitting in a corner of the Royal Library. The counterspell was simple. Blood of the wise on silver, the spell wrote. 
 
So when Aurelia threw the Glass Curse at the 6 boys, AJ pricked his finger on the fork, and held it up to deflect the curse. Yet because his blood held no magic, and because the witch was too powerful, the counterspell could not fully deflect the Curse but trap them into mirrors. It was a better alternative, AJ explained, but before he could finish, the witch returned.
 
Distracted, Eli rushed to her, a semblance of his previous, serious self back in his eyes. "Please, let Elsie go, and I promise never to leave you or this Palace." 
 
"I knew that you loved me! Of course, darling, I will not only let her go, I will also let your parents go!" Aurelia beamed.
 
"No! No, don't do this Eli, listen to me!" AJ screamed and pleaded the blond boy, but Eli only wanted Elsie to be free.
 
With a flick of her wrist, the glass statues of his parents appeared beside Elsie. The glass started to melt off the statues, dripping as if like water. Yet when the three stepped out from the puddle of liquid glass, their eyes were empty. Empty and devoid of emotion, of memories, of love. They were like dolls, phsically there, but souless. The 7 boys could only stare. The three people suddenly burst into a cloud of dust and disappeared.
 
It was as if Eli had lost the most important people of his life all over again.
 
"Glass empties the soul..." AJ muttered hollowly as he saw his parents pass away and his brother, the boys' pillar of support all these years, fall to a faint on the floor. The glass that entrapped the 3 people had taken their souls, so when the glass left them, it took their souls. Soul-less, the physical body did not have anything worth living for and thus disappeared, from dust to dust.
 
Aurelia fainted too. The toil of the Neverland spell and the Glass Curse wearing her out. The pain at was so intense that she didn't feel it anymore. The glass bead at flashed black. Her soul was depleted. What was left was her essence. Something only witches had because of their magic.
 
Mirrors trap souls but don't deplete them, AJ explained to the other 5 traumatized boys as they sat down in silence, a seemingly 'better' alternative.