Touristy meeting

Monotonously Above Average

No one's P.O.V.

After a day from 9 A.M. working 6 hours "desk time", Allegra's attention span was starting to waver.

"Allright, im going to walk to the city now" Allegra whispered to herself. She was home alone on this particualer day, her mother had decided to catch up with some friends, while her father was at work as usual. The Han family lived close to the city centre, about 20 minute's walk away.

Allegra picked out a casual-sporty-but-cute outfit consisting of a pastel green tank top and white shorts coupled with white socks and canvas plimsoles. She would usually dress more chic for a city trip, but decided against it today. 

After 20 minutes walking in the harsh Australian sun, Allegra finally reached her favourite, however limited, shopping mall. Aimlessly wandering the place, having seen all the place has to offer, Allegra found herself waking to the bell tower.

Tourists posed, pictures taken, nothing that was interesting. However, Allegra liked to watch the delighted smiles of the tourists, fathers in hawaiian shirts, mothers with bag brimmed hats and children covered in so much sunscreen they looked like little snowmen.

The phone in Allegra's pocket came to life, singing a cheerful pop song, breaking Allegra our of her reverie. She brought the phone to her ear and after seeing the caller ID, answered in Mandarin, "Hello mama? Are you home yet". "No, not yet, I was just calling to tell you I'll be home late, and your father will be too, he called me a second ago" her mother answered. "Oh, ok see you tonight then". Allegra sighed, 'guess I'll go home now'.

"Hello" a quiet, deep voice spoke from beside her. It just registered in Allegra's mind that the voice spoke in mandarin. She turned to see the person sitting beside her on the park bench. She wished she didn't. Allegra felt her heart skip a beat as she came face to face with an incredibly handsome young man. His tall lanky frame folded over as he leaned his elbow on his knees, head turned to the side, smiling gently at Allegra. In his hands was a very touristy map with the gigantic tacky symbols for the main attractions drawn in the rough location of the landmark. The boy looked at Allegra as if he was bracing himself for something, biting his lip, and hoping feverishly that it didn't come. Allegra looked back at him with one eyebrown raised, she was beginning to think she looked really scary or something.

"I don't bite you know" Allegra jokingly said in mandarin to break the tension. The boy let out a breath, as if he'd been holding it in for a long time. Allegra was just plain confused, and honestly, a little hurt. Did she look particularly unapproachable today? "Haha, sorry" the boy chuckled nervously, a little more relaxed than before.

Kris' P.O.V.

I settle back into my seat, relaxing a bit, thankful that the girl didn't recognise me. Since I heard her speak mandarin on the phone, this feeling of familiarity and homesickness seemed to sink in, and before I knew it, I had already uttered a greeting to the girl. As she turned around, I held my breath. "please please please dont recognise me", I was chanting to myself. It was undeniable, she was really pretty, in a kind, elegant way. 

The girl looked at me expectantly, obviously indicating me to continue after my awkward chuckle /apology. I quickly searched my brain for an excuse. "Umm, can you show me how to get here?" I said , pointing at a random oversized cartoon diagram of a strangely shaped building. After a quick inspection of the picture, the girl said "I'll be going past there now, if you don't mind walking with me".