My escape

Monotonously Above Average

Allegra's POV

Today seems somehow refreshing. The clear blue skies signalling summer's arrival.

It's Decmeber, the first day of the school holidays. I should use these weeks to get ahead on school work, I will win next year. I remember the last day of school, the end of year awards, Allegra Han, called up for second place on the academic ladder.

I accepted the award with grace, it would seem conceited if I openly expressed my dissapointment. No, it had long evolved from dissapointment. Now, it was frustration, anger, sadness.

I dont know what is more devastating. Having no hope to succeed in the beginning, or coming so close to first place you can almost taste it, then have it all taken away by someone better than yourself. No matter how good you are; There is always someone better.

 

Kris's POV

No sympathy. Not from the manager, not from the fans, not from myself. It was my choice to walk this path, only, this path, that seemed to be bathed in light when seen from afar, is really very dark, steep and unmerciful.

Fame does not come at a cheap price. Walking in the street with old friends results in those friends suffering great grief from saesung fans. My own past is dragged out from the shadows. Every show, interview, speech, carefully planned and scripted down to the last breath by a team of writers speciallsed in "how to get the fans crazy", because thats where the money is.

EXO will be entering a period of break for Christmas, a time when the members can relax, see more of the world, do their own thing. Many of us will be going home, others travelling Europe or America. Me? I've chosen to escape the watchful eyes of people.

I will spend my break in Perth, Australia. A sleepy city where no one will know me (hopefully). A city where I can become the Kris before debut, causing no one grief or pain. A happy nobody.