punishment

Two Of Us

It was a beautiful Monday morning and the sun was shining brighter than usual and inside the hall people were complaining about not being able to be outside to enjoy the day. People of different ages were sat all across the room and it was full and there were different sorts of gossips going all around. The clock struck 1 when a clerk came up to the stand and said:

Clerk: “pleas all rise for Judge Lee so-man”.

The gossiping and chattering died down and they all rose up to welcome the judge who would decide a punishment (fate) for certain person on that court.

Judge: please sit back down and let’s carry on with the case. Now the person that will be standing here today in a moment is being accused of causing physical injuries to Mr. Kwangsoo who runs a restaurant on the night of 12th august 2012 at 23:45. Can Mr. Kwangsoo please come to the witness stand?

A tall funny looking man- who doesn’t take care of his personal hygiene- walks in with injuries to his face and body.

Judge: Mr. Kwangsoo can you please describe what happened to you on the night that you got assaulted?

Kwangsoo: well judge it was like any other night. I was cleaning up after a busy day when suddenly this person walks in and ask to eat some food. I told him that I was closed and even if I wanted to make something I couldn’t as I ran out of all the ingredient and the minute I turn my back they grab a chair just whack me and after I was on the floor they carried on kicking me. Look at what that person did (Turns to face the people) broken arm, wounds on my ribs, and bandages all over my body. It’s a lucky thing I didn’t die.

Judge: thank Mr. Kwangsoo. You may go back to your seat.

Kwangsoo: thank you judge.

Judge: can the accused person please be bought to the stand?

Everybody turn to look at the person that walks through the door and sudden hushed voices start going around the room. Walking in is this tall and skinny boy with red shot eyes, pale skin and blonde hair. When you looked at him you could’ve guessed he was no more than the age of 20.

Judge: so Mr. Kim Jong In before I start do you have anything that you would like to say to defend yourself.

Kim Jong In: yes. Don’t call me by that name. call me kai.

Judge: okay then, kai so why did you assult Mr. Kwangsoo here?

Kai: (silence)

Judge: well speak.

Kai: (silence)

Judge: you know you refused to have a lawyer and if you don’t speak then I have no choice but to punish you.

Kai: (silence)

Judge: look kai I am giving you one more change please speak now.

Kai: (silence)

Judge: alright fine. You have made your choice. I here by announce that Mr. Kim Jong In here will do 300 hours of unpaid work at the Yongin Mental Hospital. Please make sure you report to doctor park jiwoon every morning and when you finish at the end of the day. u will be there 5 days a week from 9-6. If you don’t carry this out and fail to turn up I will have no choice but to sentence you to 18 months in prison. Your duty starts tomorrow and I suggest you get there for 8:30 sharp. Any thing you want to say now Mr. Kai?

Kai: if you finished talking can I go now.

Judge: officers would you mind escorting him out of the building. Having said that we will be back once Mr. Kim jong in finishes his punishment. Court dismissed.

As Kai walks out with the help of the officers he starts to think f he should’ve just asked to go to jail instead at least he wouldn’t have to work at some mental hospital. He passes by that place everyday as his house is along that road. He has seen the people that get admitted there and for once in his life he gets tiny bit scared.