Disappointed

The Pain Behind The Darkness

recap

 

“For some days ago Ron get attacked and are now in the hospital, that's why Zhi wah is later than usual” Jade said

 

Charm on the other end of the door was chocked she have never expected that the one who secretly giving information to her grandfather would be Jade of all persons, she was actually one of the last persons she would ever suspect

 

“ It have happen something like this?! And you are telling me now? So how are Zhi wah planning to do? She isn't letting this go that easily right?” Kong said with frustration in this time the door open and Charm walked in “ if grandpah you really want to know how I'm going to handle it, it's better for you to ask me personally than ask a the third part” said Charm with attitude and had her gaze on Jade. Jade on the other hand was stunned by seeing her and guilty could bee seen all over her face

 

end of recap

 

Kong saw the look Charm had “ Jade you can go out first” and Charms attention turned to her grandpah who was now headed towards the couch “ come and take a seat” he said and patted on the seat beside him

 

Charm sat beside him “ from when did Jade work for you? Aren't you trusting my leading?” I have been the leader in six year, have I ever made you disappointed?”

 

Kong patted her on the knee “ I know you will be upset when you find out, is not that I don't trust you I'm just worried that you will encounter problems that you may not know how to handle. You have never made me disappointed in anything”

 

Charm turned in her seat so she was facing her grandfather “ Grandpah you have retried you should leave Choi Long behind and let me handle things, there are tons of different encounters out there who knows what I will come across one day, you can't help me out of everything. If you believe in me, you should let me handle thing in my way.”

 

Kong nodded “ yeah you are right, I have already retried and are old I shouldn't care of Choi Long any more. Is the youngsters generation now and my leading are out”

 

Charm took a deep breath to calm herself down “ grandpah I didn't mean you are old and that your leading are out just that I want you to trust me and really hand over Choi Long to me, like what you did to dad. You are the one who brought me and dad up why do you trust your upbringing on him and not me? You of everyone should knows what I'm capable to and should trust me full out. If you doubt my leading what will the followers think?”

 

Kong looked at Charm and tears was forming “ if I was more cautious and wasn't too confident in your father, you might have your dad and I my son alive”

 

Charms heart ached when hearing this“grandpah, there where nothing you could do to prevent that accident to happen. You could never imagined that one that we took as a family would do such a thing” Charm tried to convince him

 

Kong shook his head “ yes I could, I could have hired a bodyguard for him who could have been looking after him. After all he was the leader of Choi Long and we know that there are quantities of people out there who wants his life. If I had that in mind, things wouldn't have turned out like what it did. And I won't let myself do the same mistake again I can't effort to lose you as well that's why I hired Jade”

 

Charm looked at her grandfather with disbelief “ Jade are actually my bodyguard that you hired?”

 

Kong nodded “ yeah and I told her not to tell you since I know you would object it so that's why you shouldn't be mad at her.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Charm walked out from Kongs room and headed to her room and get sight of Jade by her door “ Zhi wah I want to explain..” Charm stopped her by a hand sign “ I don't want to hear, I'm really tired today I don't want to endeavour myself to figure out when are lying or not” and walked into her room and closed the door behind

 

Jade stayed at the same spot without moving, never have Charm been so cold towards her. She really wanted to explain but she knew there where no need not right now when Charm was so upset and walked to her own room.

 

Charm sat in her bed holding her rabbit soft toy “I'm doing the right thing? Why can't grandpah just let me handle things like I want? I really thought I could trust Jade but it seems there are no one that I can really trust in beside myself. Can you teach me how I should do?” she said and gave out a heavy sight.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

2008-10-30 05:30

 

Jade walked out from her room she didn't had a good sleep at all and hope that she can talk to Charm before she leave to the morning walk with Kong. She met lok djeh in the hall holding Charms cloth “ lok djeh, is Charm up yet?”

 

“ she didn't sleep last night, she just took a shower and leaved in midnight” lok djeh answered and shook her head “ I'm really worried about her, she is always working to late at night. Is there really no one who can help her out with all the workload? “ said lok djeh and walked away.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

7:30am Tsuen Wan

 

Ada walked out from the gate and where met by Charm who stood their in front of her parked car “ wow, what wind took KLC's president here?” she joked

 

Charm smiled lightly “ I thought it was quite some time ago we two had a breakfast together so are top lawyer Choi interested in joining me for a breakfast?”

 

Ada shook her head lightly “ of course I'm but it's your treat” and got into the car.

 

They have finish their breakfast and Ada put her cup down “ now, we have eaten and chat about everything. Can you please tell aunt what's going on? I know you wouldn't just stop by and have a breakfast with me”

 

Charm lower her head “ nothing can be hide from you, last night I get to know that Jade is actually my bodyguard that grandpah hired for me. And in all this years she have been lying to me and not just this she is the one that daily report all the things that happening around me to grandpah. I feel terrible. Someone that I trust and even take as a sibling is actually laying, I don't know who I can trust anymore”

 

Ada patted her on the shoulder “ I understand how you feel about it. I know that you don't want dad to interrupt in your rules but that is how he is. As for Jade I'm sure she take you as a sibling as well and in all this years she must have felt terrible as well by laying to you times after times”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

09:30 Lam's mansion

 

Michael greeted and walked up to Ray's office as he was told to by tjat djeh. Ray was sitting in his office chair and had the folder in his lap and staring out from the window. The knock on the door woke him up from his staring and turned the chair around “ come in”

 

Michael walked in with a bright smile “ hey Ray, why call me in so early?

 

Ray open his drawer and picked out a folder “ here this is the information for this times business, I don't want anything to get wrong. This is one of the biggest deal we ever have done. Be careful and save it in a place that no one knows of besides you. You don't need to tell me where you have hide it either”

 

Michael looked at Ray with happiness “ don't worry I won't let you down. I will do my best. Thanks Ray for giving me this chance.”

 

Ray let out a smile "if you keep your promise then I won't be worried"

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you all like this chapter, now my documents from my computer are saved. So I might have more time to update this fanfic. Anyway this is this weeks fanfic ^^ Enjoy!

4/5-10