Don't Remember part II

The Pain Behind The Darkness

2008-03-14 12:15pm under dragon bridge

Charm parked the motorcycle under a bridge and get off. She turned around and looked up on the heavy traffic on the bridge " I think we are safe here" and looked back.

Ray who had got off rested on the bridge wall with his right hand cover his wound on his left arm and nodded.

Charm saw his pale face and went up to him to see how deep the wound was, she tored off a piece of her vest and divided it in two pieces one which she used as a pressure on his wound and the other one as a bandage to tie in "it's not that deep, it haven't hurt the nerves. We wait and see if it safe then I take you to the hospital to stitch"

Ray looked down at Charm when she was helping him tie in the wound, he have been missing this proximity from her. A warmth smile appeared on his face and he kept his gaze on her.

Charm notice the gaze from Ray and looked up " it's done" and sat back to rest

Ray looked at her " do you remember we always played doctor and patient when we was small? You would always put on a lot of plasters on me" said Ray with a happy voice when he thought back.

Charm got up " I don't remember anything before I was eight and after I was four" and walked towards the other end of the bridge.

Ray looked at her back with a sad expression " can you really forgot everything about us? But I can't even how hard I try. There are too many things that I don't want to forget"

Charm stared into the bridge wall and took a deep breath and turned around and looked at Ray " our past is not worth to memorise, you better forget about it as well it's better for you"

Ray saw her in the eye " maybe you are right, I would probably feel better if I forget our past"

Charm looked away from his gaze, she didn't want him to see her sadness towards those words

Ray kept his eyes on her, he wanted her to admit that she haven't forget their past and that she do cared about him. From the moment she saved him, he realised she cared about him, it wasn't a pay back from his earlier rescue. She saved him twice she could have just drove off and leave him behind but she didn't, she get back and saved him.

Charm could feel the gaze from Ray, she knew she wouldn't have enough strength to fight back her emotions if she looked at him, so she kept her gaze away from his. " I think the others would be very worried about us right now, let call them" said Charm and reached her back pocket to take the phone where she find there wasn't any. Charm thought back to the situation just now, she most have dropped it during the fight.

Ray saw her sudden expression change and ask " something wrong?"

Charm looked at him " I have lost my phone, do you have yours?"

Ray nodded and took it from his pocket and handed Charm his cellphone, Charm took it and dialled Jade's number.

Charm: " Jade it's me, where are you?"

Jade on the other line felt so relief to hear her voice again " Me and Kenny are at Deng jeh's mansion, we ..."

Before Jade could continue Charm interrupted " don't say anything to Deng jeh it's me who calling. Listen I'm under the dragon bridge right now come and pick me up as fast as you can" with that said Charm hanged up

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deng jeh's mansion

Jade still hold the phone near her ear even if Charm have already hanged up and continued " thought of taking the help of deng jeh to find Zhi Wah would be the best choice. Low jeh don't worry we will soon find Zhi Wah with the help of deng jeh, I call you back when we find her"

Kenny who stand a bit from Jade know it wasn't Kong sok she was talking too, Zhi Wah have once said no matter what have happen to her if it wasn't the worst, they wasn't allowed to call Kong sok because this could effect his health badly.

Deng jeh looked at Jade with a questioning face " was it Kong sok you talking to?"

Jade looked up at Deng jeh and nodded " yeah I called him earlier and said that we find Zhi Wah's phone and thought something have happen to her, he just called and heard if we have found her yet"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Under dragon bridge

After Charm hanged up she saw Ray's questioning face " do you want to ask me something?"

Ray looked at Charm " who is Deng jeh? and why can't he know you are here?"

Charm shook her head "it isn't me who he can't know is here, it's you" with a more confused face Ray looked at her and Charm continued " Deng jeh is the new partner of mine, I told him that you would be collaborating with Stephen so I think he send his men"

Ray looked at Charm with disbelief " so you told someone to come after me? and I saved you for nothing? how stupid can I be?"

Charm looked at him with furious " If it was me who told him to come after you I didn't need to save you, also they wasn't just out for you"

Ray looked at her " so you mean, there are two groups? The other one was send by Stephen?"

Charm shook her head " I don't know, this is just my conclusion. But I can't think of any others that want our life's"

Ray nodded an looked at Charm where he find his gaze a bit blurry, so he shook his head lightly to regain the gaze.

Charm notice his movement and felt his hand who was cold as ice and looked at the tied in wound, it have already leaked. Charm took off her jacket and put it on Ray to keep the warmth.

Charm turned around to took the phone and searched for Joel's number

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joel's phone started to vibrate, Joel took out his phone from the pocket and looked at the display before answering " hey, I have been looking for you, I called you but you didn't pick up. How many times have I told you to leave a message so I know where you have gone"

Charm looked at Ray before she said anything " shouldn't you make sure it's him you are talking to before you say anything?"

Joel was chocked of hearing a female voice " who are you and where is Ray?"

Charm smirked " So now you can worry about your buddy, He is fine right now but I can't promise anything later on.." before Charm could continue Joel yelled in the phone " what do you want? don't even dare to hurt him otherwise you would regret it"

Charm shook her head before she carried on " did I even say I will hurt him? If you don't want anything happen to him don't make any contact with Stephen and call 92058744 you know what do after you have called"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charm hanged up and looked at Ray who was now unconscious " hope your buddy can help you" she put the cellphone in her pocket and sat beside Ray and embraced him to keep him warm.

Ray could feel the warmth when he got conscious now and then. Next he woke up he was already laying in the hospital with Joel sitting beside sleeping.

Ray touched his buddy lightly and in a weak voice he asked " where am I? what happen?"

Joel was glad to see Ray awake, he get up and press the button to call the doctor " you are at the hospital right now, and it was me who take you here"

Ray looked at Joel with concern " Charm was with me back then, where is she? is she ok?"

Joel looked at Ray with confused expression " When I found you under the bridge you was there alone, I did receive a call from a women who told me to call another number to know what to do"

Ray looked at Joel with questioning expression " She wasn't there? you are telling me the truth right?"

Joel looked at Ray with wide open eyes " of course I'm telling you the truth, have I ever lied to you? Was it's Zhi Wah who took you there?"

Ray nodded "Joel can you go to the hotel and see if she is back and safe?"

Joel nodded " yeah I can do that, but I will wait till the doctor to arrive and tell me your condition before I leave"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------