Birthday part II

The Pain Behind The Darkness

17:00 pm Taiwan

Charm, Jade and Kenny have been searching for information about the new leader for a half day and what they get was already enough.

Charm: " I have never though it would so easy to find information about him, seems that this brother don't like to be low profiled."

Kenny:" Which brother want to be low profiled apart from you Zhi Wah?"

Jade looked at Charm and gave her a warm smile

Jade: " Kenny is right, almost every brother want to be in the limelight. Why else would they do do so much sound"

Charm: " Are you two trying to say I should try to be more high profile so everyone know that I'm the leader of Choi Long? If I did that then Kong Long would have more than thousand of eyes on it."

Kenny and Jade nodded they knew why Zhi Wah was low profiled not just because she didn't want the police to have an eye on Kong Long also she didn't want to draw to much attention when it comes to Choi Longs business.

Kenny: " Well now when we are done earlier than what we have planed, I suggest that we go to the shopping mall nearby and after that have something to eat. What do you think of that Zhi Wah?"

Charm: " You suggest to go to a shopping mall? It's not like you, want to find something to your sons?"

Kenny looked down he have never showed the father side of him in someway it just didn't seems to match his image as a gangster.

Charm: " You don't need to feel ashamed, if you haven't suggested it I would do it. I want to buy something to my two kai zhai (which mean god sons) it was long since I saw them last time."

Kenny: " You shouldn't spoil them too much, they are already very bah dou (which mean spoiled and when they get something don't like to share or take things that it's not theirs.) because they have you as their kai mah (god mother)."

Charm: " So you are telling me that I'm the one who have spoiled them and I'm the one who have gaw waij (which mean learn them the wrong things) them?"

Kenny laughed, he know exactly who was the one who spoiled his own sons. It wasn't Zhi Wah or Christine it was he himself who did it. Zhi Wah was the one who spoiled them the least. She jau djeung jau faat (which mean she will reward or give punishment when they are right or wrong) If it wasn't her maybe his sons would be more spoiled.

19:30 pm

Charm, Jade and Kenny have just had dinner and was going back to the Hotel after one days research and shopping.

" you guys go back first I still want to go around by myself" said Charm and handed the shopping bags to Jade who haven't shopped anything. Jade looked at Charm, she didn't want to leave her by herself specially not today. " Are you sure you want to be by your own? I can a company you" said Jade and hoping Charm would like the suggestion

Kenny understands both thinking but he knew Charm better and know that she really needed to be by her own for awhile.

Kenny: " Jade are you planing to go around with all these? or did you plan to give it to me? We go back first Zhi Wah will be back soon"

Charm smiled lightly " Yeah go back first or do you want to go around with all these? I wont be gone for long"

Jade looked at Charm with concern and then back to Kenny, who nodded to Charm suggestion.

Jade: " Hou lah, we go back first but be careful and don't turn the cellphone off"

Charm: " Zhi lah (which mean yeah I know ) I wont do that, don't worry. go now"

Kenny grabbed Jade around her shoulders and lead her to the opposite direction " don't worry, Zhi Wah will be ok, she is like this every year. She needs to have her own time, keung ngan foon sui ( which mean force the tears back and smile) it's not easy"
Jade understand what Kenny meant but she was still worried in all these years she have been followed Zhi Wah on the sly, even if she was calm all these years she knew that Zhi Wah was just struggling with her inner emotions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

21:45 pm Sheraton Hotel

The lift stopped on the fifteenth floor and Ray went off. He have been out for the whole day and finally get back. He really needed this time of his. When he was about to open the door to his room he stopped and looked at the door next and said " Happy Birthday" with a sad expression he looked back and get in to his room.

What Ray didn't notice was Charm presence right behind, she have just came back from her walk and heard what he said. With a low voice Charm looked at Rays door and said " thank you" and walk toward her room before she entered she took a deep breath to swallow her emotions, she knew Jade would be inside waiting.

Charm: " Why are you here? I thought you would be in your room"

Jade: " I just wanted to check that everything was fine with you before I get to bed."

Charm: " I told you I would be fine. Just wanted to take some fresh air. I need to rest now, see you tomorrow"

Charm followed Jade to the door

Jade:" Ok I leave now, see you tomorrow, nite"

"nite" said Charm and close the door. She could feel that the tears was welling up in her eyes. She fastly closed it and took another deep breath before she open her eyes again.

POV

Take a bath and then go to sleep, you will be fine tomorrow.

end of POV

Charm was in the shower, she have been standing there with the water running over her head for more than ten minutes. She hoped that the water could wash her thoughts away.

POV

Why, why let me see that?, why let me know? ,why do you still remember today is my birthday?, why can't I just forget what we had together?why do you still care?. Why do I need it so hard for? why?

End of POV

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Room 1505

Ray came out from the shower and went towards the bed. He took the bag which was placed on the beside table and took out the wrapped jewel box and unwrapped it. Ray put the box back to the bag and laid down on the bed with the necklace in his left hand over his head so he could study the necklace once again. After awhile he put his hand with the necklace in, on his chest and closed his eyes soon a smile could be seen on his face.
He open up his eyes and get up from the bed and with a groan he put the necklace back to the box.
In this time the door opened and Joel came in.

Joel: " Oh so you are back, I was wondering when you would be back. I have checked three times already."

Ray closed the box and put it back to the bag before he turned his head to answer.

Ray: " I just came back, did you wanted me something?"

Joel notice Ray put something in the bag and went up and took a seat on the bad opposite Ray's

Joel: " Nothing, just wanted to tell you that Stephen was here today. He told me to inform you"

Ray: " Oh? Do you know if it's good news or .."

During the time Ray was talking Joel took the opportunity to take the bag from the beside table to see what it was " hey! give it back" shouted Ray and fight with Joel before he could get it back.

Joel: " sai mm sai gam gan djeung ah? (which mean do you need to be so wary/anxious)"

Ray: " what do you know, mind your own"

Joel: " Hey buddy, I'm your best friends I take you as my blood-related brother. Why would I don't know? You are like this every year since you was 11 years old. But you should know things wont change between us so why do you still buy a gift to her every year?"

Ray looked away from Joel " there are things I don't understand, thinks that I have wondered for long. Something is telling me that I need to know something"

Joel looked at Ray with a confused expression " what do you wonder over? isn't it clear enough for you to understand what's going on? It was the Sheh's who killed your mother and grandfather what is it that you don't understand?"

Ray shock his head "it's not that easy, if it was like that, then why would the Sheh's hate us? If it was them who did all the wrong things then why would Charm be so against us? Why can I see more hateness in her eyes than in mine?"

Joel looked at Ray with a choked expression " I have never though of it, but if you have doubts about this why don't you just ask uncle? or Power sok?"

Ray gave out a smirk " if they would tell me the truth then they should have done it from the start. Do you really think I will get out something from them?"

Joel: " Then what can you do?"

Ray: " I have though of it, it shouldn't be too hard to ask the oldies about what happen for 20 years ago. This wasn't a small thing they should still remember it."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------