Celebration

The Pain Behind The Darkness

    

2008-03-30 14:50pm out side the court house

A bunch of journalists surrounded Ada with recorders, snatching pictures with their cameras and was asking multiple questions.

Journalist 1: " tell me your feelings lawyer Choi, how does it feel after wining the most talked about case"

Journalist 2: " why did you pick this case?, you didn't even take any charge"

Journalist 3: " you were against such a big company, where you confident in wining it?"

Ada stopped and respond with a short but clear sentence " I believe in justice and gong yi gong djeng, the law will help those who are in need. Court it's not just a game for the rich one" with that said Ada went up to her car and drive off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15:30pm A.C Law firm

Ada went off the elevator when applause could be heard, Kev went up to her " well done and well said I believe in justice and gong yi gong djeng"

Ada looked with surprise "how did you know? "

Joyce smiled brightly " the afternoon news send it direct, I have record it for you" and picked up the remote and pressed the play button.

Ada looked at the big screen " wah, you didn't need to"

Kev went behind and pushed her in " come on, we should celebrate this"

15:45pm

Ada took a last sip from the champagne " ok let's get back to work now" before she get in to her office she turned around " we can celebrate tomorrow of course it's my treat" and everyone cheered.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16:05pm

Joyce went into Ada's office with a bouquet " Lawyer Choi someone send you this" and put it down in front of her desk. Ada looked up with surprise " who can this be?" and took a look on the card. The curious Joyce asked " who is it from? who have the heart and sending you so pretty flowers so soon after the court?" Ada looked at Joyce and smiled " it's not a boy so you don't need to be so curious"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17:10 pm outside the A.C law firm building

A silver coloured Mercedes was parked outside the entrance when Ada came down with the others chatting happily. Just when they was going to turn to the left the car honked and everyone's attention turned to the car.

Ada recognise the car and turned around with a smile on her face " I have someone to pick me up, see you guys tomorrow" and went into the car

Ada:" I could have come by myself, you didn't need to come here and pick me up"

Charm: " how could I let the main character go by herself, so how does it feel to win a case like this?"

Ada smiled brightly "well of course it feel good but this won't make me too proud, I will continue to do my best"

17:35 pm Man Long Restaurant

Charm and Ada sat inside the VIP room and waited for Kong and the others to arrive " grandpah and the others are soon here"

Ada nodded with joy " it was long ago since I could have a dinner with dad, it isn't a problem to wait"

Charm lower her head " It can't be easy for you aunt, to help out Choi Long you change your identity and offered the time you can spend with your own dad"

Ada put her hand on Charm's shoulder and looked her in her eye's " same goes to you, you have even offered more than what I have. If it wasn't dad who forced you to study economic you probably would be one of the top doctors in HK right now"

Charm shook her head " I have it good now, if it wasn't gandpah who told me to study economic instead how would I have KLC now?"

Ada wanted to response but the door get open and Kong, Jade, Fransic and yun wah have arrived

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2008-03-31 13:00 pm Damien's apartment

Ron peaked out his head from his room and looked around to see if his dad was around when he saw that everything was fine he went out and was hading to the front door when Damien spoke up from behind " you have been avoiding me since your wound's and injury have healed"

Ron turned around to face his dad who was sitting on the couch "I'm not avoiding you, just that when I got up in the noon you have already leaved and when you are back home I have got to sleep"

Damien walked up to Ron " is it so? I thought you didn't have face to face me anymore"

Ron lower his head, his dad was right he didn't had any face to face him anymore " I know that I have been too chong dong (which mean rush/haste) in this matter. I shouldn't have let my guard down"

Damien had a serious expression " good that you know it, now when you are ok shouldn't you go and thank Zhi Wah for saving your life? If it wasn't because of her you would probably be dead by now"

Ron nodded " I will do it"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14:00 pm Sheh's mansion

Ron have been standing in front of the gates for more than twenty minutes but he still haven't get the courage to press on the doorbell

Bernice who was inside have notice him for awhile " lok djeh, this man have been standing in front of the gates for some time now. Do we need to see what he is up too?"

Lok djeh walked out from Zhi Wah's room and looked at the tv screen and picked up the microphone " Ron sui are you looking for sui djeh? she isn't home"

Ron get surprised and looked up at the surveillance cameras " ok then I know thanks and walked away"

Lok djeh wanted to say something but Ron have already leaved " I wonder what he wanted" she mumbled. "ha? what did you say" asked Bernice who was just beside. Lok djeh shook her head " no nothing, go back to work" and walked up to Zhi Wah's room again

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15:45pm KLC floor 5

Linda just finished her document and walked towards Mr Si Tou's office to pass the file to him when she saw that Ms Sheh's office was empty.

Linda get out from Mr Si Tou's room and walked up to her colleagues with a questioning face " Wai, I just want to ask. Our boss does she rarely go to the job? I have been here for weeks and I have just seen her twice."

The other employee looked at her with a surprise face " what did you say? Do you even know what the last name of the chairman for this company is?"

Linda nodded " of course I know the last name of the chairman, it's Sheh" after Linda had answered all the employee looked at her and gave her a light nod. Linda had a choked face " so you are telling me that, our department boss is actually the chairman of this company?!"

Cindia tapped her hand on Linda's shoulder " you don't need to be so surprised, so now you understand why she isn't in this department that often"

Linda nodded with disbelief she have always thought that Ms Sheh was the chairman's daughter she have never expected a young lady like her would own a big company like KLC

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

18:00 pm Lam's mansion

Linda open the front door and entered, she was still thinking of the news she just received. She did do some research about the company before she went there but there wasn't any pictures of the owner but she remembered clearly that the company was created by one person and haven't inherit it from generation to generation yet.

Linda's POV

How old can Ms Sheh have been when she first started the company, or how old are she right now?

End of POV

Joel tapped Linda's shoulder lightly " what are you thinking about?" Linda turned around and looked at him " nothing, I'm just tired of one day's work"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi all this is this weeks chapter hope you all enjoy this chapter and have a great summer break, holiday or just have a great day :D