The Pain

The Pain Behind The Darkness

2008-01-05, 22:00pm In the office room of Fungs Bar
Ray was sitting in his chair and have just read throught all the files Joel and Micheal have bringed him.
He gave out a small sigh and laid back to the back support and close his tired eyes.
In this moment a nock on the door could be heard.
Ray open his eyes and told the one outside to come in. Micheal and Joel went in and took a seat infront of Ray.
"How has it going? have you read all the files yet?" said Micheal.
" Yeah I have and it seems that everyone is doing fine
especially your areas" answered Ray.
Micheal give a smirk " well I did put some effort on it so it should be good, also the youth these days doesn't take the pills like a big deal they just use it to have more fun so it's really easy to sell it" said a proud Micheal
" ha you are selling pills not medicine and you sound so proud of yourself " said Joel
Micheal glared at Joel" well then what have you done? why don't you tell us so we can be proud of you" shouted Micheal back
Joel looked at Micheal angrily "you..." Ray intrude
" hey guys it's enough both of you are my buddy's and also my great helper, I don't want to see you guys argue every time. There was a reason why I splitted on your jobs. Joel is taking care of the pub business and Micheal you are dealing with the drugs and pills, and this two things can't be compared."
Ray looked at both, who didn't have their attention on him instead both glared at each other like if they was the biggest enemies.
To break this Ray change the subject from Cheng Long's business to Choi Long.
" Joel I told you to have an eye on Choi Longs side, what have happen during this half year, have anything special happen?" asked Ray.
Joel looked away from Micheal and get his attention on Ray " nothing special, some of their business are not going too well and they recently find out that one of the territory leader had take some money. But don't know how they will deal with it. But I'm sure they will change leader and find a re-placer it's just a matter or time" answered Joel.
" haha seems that is not going to well for them, what have I said give the whole gang to a women is presumably the biggest mistake old Kong have done in his entire life, he must be to old that he can't think properly. It's just for us to wait till more problems appear on their side then we can easily take over Choi Long" said Micheal.
Joel looked at Ray and then glared at Micheal " shut up lah you, we won't do those thing if we want to win and take over Choi Long we will not do it under this condition, we will take over it with our own strenght otherwise the whole Cheng Long won't have face"
" It's to early to judge if Choi Long will collapse or not, she have take over for three years and so for it haven't happen anything. Joel keep an eye on this situations and see who will be the new territory leader. I'm sure she will find a replacer very soon" said Ray

----------------------------------------------------------------

23:30pm Outside Fungs Bar
Ray, Joel and Micheal went out from the bar and was hadding to different places.
Micheal was going home, Ray and Joel was going to check up the territory's on Wan Zhai.
In the same time when Ray and Joel was going to take the car two motorcycles cross the road and turned to the corner
"Wow her tecnic have improved a lot she is just being better and better on each day. I can still remember the innocent her" said Joel.
Ray just look at Joel " we are going now and she have already leaved so stop staring"
" ha? no I wasn't staring, I was just wondering how can a person change that much in few years. It seems that she was in hurry" said Joel that keep his eye on the corner.
Ray went in to the car and started the engine " are you coming or not" Joel came back to reality and jumped in to the car and stop talking.
Ray took a last glare at the corner and then drives away.
The car parked in front of the building and Ray told Joel to go in and check the business and he himself stayed in the car and waited.
He laid back and thought of what Joel has just said and thought back

-------------------------------------------------------------

Flashback: 2000-10-27
Paul " haha today really seung hei lam mon ( two good things happen in the same time) It's my 50th big day and also the leader change of Cheng Long, son I'm so happy and proud of you.
In this age of yours your father I hadn't the strengh to take over " All the territory leader of Cheng Long was there and celebrate their old leader and welcomed their new leader.
Ray and Paul was going round and cheers with everyone and during this time noise could be heard. The territory followers stopped the two who was entering.
Ray went forward and signaled the followers to leave it to him " what are you doing here?"
" hahaha it's Cheng Longs big day today, change leader woh how can I ignore it. I came today to wish you the best and hope you won't be like your father to be so useless. I have made a special order to make this gold plate for you, don't you want to see what it says?" said Kong.
Ray took the blanket off and the word Chang Long (青龍 which mean a green dragon) could be seen " what do you mean by this?"
"oh it must been a misunderstanding in the spelling but it doesn't matter Cheng Long (清龍) will sooner or later be a Chang Long" said Kong sarcastically.
Paul came up " thanks you Kong sok we appreciate it, but I think it's better for you to leave now before my men hurt you"
" hahaha Paul don't worry I will leave, I don't want to stay in this kind of place, stay abit longer I can feel the smell. I will leave when I finish my words I just wanted to tell you that Zhi Wah will soon take over Choi Long" and Charm went up to Kong and looked at Ray, Kong continued " so it's better for you guys to enjoy the happiness that are still left and keep on celebrating" with that said Kong turned around and leaved with charm following, before she leaved she turned her head and looked at Ray for the last time.

End of flashback
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The face of charm was still very clear in his mind, that day was the first time he met her again after they separated for 12 years ago.
Ever since then he haven't had the chance to meet her in the Choi Long and Cheng Long matter or on the street.
It was like they didn't had that fate to bump in to each other and today she just pass by him fastly.
Ray give out s sigh but fastly shake that away. He knew clearly their positions, they are enemies and this will never change.
Joel came back and went in to the car " everything is going fine don't worry" ray nodded and drive away.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

00:35am Lam's mansion
The front door of Lam's mansion opened and in went Ray and Joel, at the same time they entered Power went down from the upstairs
" oh Fung zhai you are back, why so late? Are there really so many things to deal with? why don't you let the others to take care of it now when everything is so stable?" said Power.
Ray just give his uncle a light smile " uncle why are you here so late at night? have you something important to discuss with dad?" Power went up to Ray
" nah just talking, you know when a person have nothing to do and have come up to an age they will feel lonely so take sometime and spend it with you old man" said Power and patted on Rays shoulder
" hou lah it's late I'm going now talk to you next time" " Bye Power gah" said Joel and then looked at Ray
" maybe it's time for you to considerate you dad" after that Joel went up to his room

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Paul was sitting in his room on his office chair and thinking back of the old days with the Sheh's

Flashback

- If no one outside have give you the punishment you should get, then let me do it for them
- If no one have teach you how to write the word die then let me teach you!
-You teach me how to write? Kiddy you must be joking when I was out and had the fight on the street you was still learning how to crawl
- Oh come on we all know that Ming sok wouldn't let you go for your own. When I was killing the people on the street with my bare hands you was hiding behind your people and let them do the work for you.
Fits, kick blood and bruise was the four ingredients on this scene
-It's enough Mich how can you be so insolent and say that to Paul he is the older and you should listen to him
- Oh old man please we belong to the same generation he is Ming soks son and I'm yours that the same! said Micheal
-hahaha ah Kong, Mich do look alike your young days. Will never listen to his old man and don't fear the death said Ming

Mich: ah Ming sok are right I'm just like your early days dad

Kong: Sui Zhai (bad son) if it wasn't for me and ming who told the older to have an eye on you and that they give us some face you would have been dead now. So listen to Paul he is older and have been through more then you, learn from him

Mich: Him leer at Paul, you must be kidding old man. Look at him he couldn't even beat me on the fight. Ming sok I think it's better for you to take him to the hospital before it's to late.

Kong: ha sui zhai, you still so big mouth, and give him a hard punch straight on the face

Ming: Aijah Kong don't need to be so mad. Mich it's still just 13 he have long way to go there are still time to teach. Paul! look at yourself your foolish couldn't even beat a 13 years old boy what ashamed.

Paul: He is like a wild dog how can I beat him?

Mich: What! did you call me?!

Ming: Hei Paul mind you words, haven't you get enough of punishment today?

Kong: I think this two are too alike, just give them sometime to be together I don't think they will kill each other.

Ming: Ok then, from today on Paul you don't need to come and help out Cheng Longs business. Stay here and learn from Mich how to fight

Paul: What!? learning from him? at the same time pointing on Micheal

Mich: Hahaha what did I told you? I said I will teach you how to write? Even you old man agrees with me. A big grin could be seen on Micheals face.

Kong: Don't look down on others you have to learn from him as well, so from now on I won't let you go out. I will let my men have an eye on you guys

Mich: What?! dad you must be nuts what do I need to learn from him? how to lose or how to hide behind others?

Kong: Paul know much more about the rules and won't make any troubles for us and he also know how to play this game unlike you who always bring the troubles to us instead of solving them.

Kong and Ming: Ok from today you two will stay in the lam mansion and learn from each other. And can't get back to your normal life before we consider is the right time.

Paul, Mich: What?! wait for you to consider when the right time is! then I will die with this jerk and still is not consider as the right time

Kong, Ming: hahah see, you guys have already get some chemistry. Who knows maybe when that day comes when we consider you guys have learned everything from each other you two doesn't want to leave.

Mich, Paul:" Ha as that would happen" looking on each other" hey! stop saying things after me, it's so irritating, looking on each other angrily for a moment.

Paul: Hahaha kiddo we are somewhat alike
Mich raise on of his eyebrow " I can't see the likeness and stop calling me kiddo it's not like you are my father or something, you are just seven years older then me.
A small smile could been seen on Pauls face before he get interrupt from the knock
End flashback

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ray entered the room
" hey dad, what are you up to? I have been standing outside your room and you didn't even notice me, is there something bothering you?"
"huh? since when did my son became so caring? said Paul, Ray went towards Paul and sat on the arm rest of Pauls office chair and put his arm around Paul
" oh so you are telling me that I doesn't care about you? Well actually after mom and grans fathers death you have always been my nearest, so of course I will take good care of you"
Paul look at his sons impression " well actually if it wasn't me they wouldn't had died that early and you wouldn't be so lonely" Ray went up and clunsh down on the flour and put the chair so he faced Paul
" it wasn't your fault dad, it was because of the Sheh that they died, I have never blamed you"
Paul just look at Ray " oh well go to sleep it's late I need to rest too"
Ray stands up " oki nite dad, but don't stay up to too late" with that said he walked out from the room and close the door after him. Paul gived out a small groan.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Flashback: 1986
- He is my brother even if he had made the wrong thing but can't you just let it go?
-Let it go? how can I just let it go? We an the Shehs family have know each other for centuries and we are all "san sei zhi gau" ( Buddys that have go through thick and thins, nearly get killed because of each other). Mich have saved my life twice without him your husband I would have been dead for a long time and won't be standing here even you brother should thank Mich for leaving his dog life till today and what is his grateful? he killed Mich.
- Yeah I know, I know that Shehs is our san sai zhi gau and Mich have saved both you and Power. But Power is my only brother.
-Yeah you are right he is the only brother of yours, but what about charmy? Mich was her only father and thanks to your good brother her family is totally destroyed. Have you ever seen her have the bright and happy smile that she used to have? Have you heard her laughthing after that night? How long did it take before she was willing to come out from her room after that accident? No matter how much I do to pay back I will never in my life give back the happiness she use to have. The less I can do for her now is take the guilty to Choi Long
-Mich have already died, even if you kill Power now it won't help. He wouldn't resurrection. Please I bag you.
In the same time she get on her kneels
-don't give Power to Choi Long they really would kill him
-I sweared in front of Michs grave that I will find the guilty and take him to Choi Long and they should punish that bastard in front of his grave. If killing your brother will make Mich resurrection I would have killed him ten times!
- No, no, no please no don't take Power to them please! she was bagging and holding on Pauls arm
-I have used two years to find out the truth and you have always know about Power was the guilty, and you didn't say anything. If you weren't my wife and Rays mother I would have taken you to Choi Long. So now don't bag me, I can promise you one thing and it's to take the whole corpose back to you.
Mary run to the coffetable and took the fruit knife from the bowl" If you take Power I will kill myself right away" Paul was shocked by the motion but in a second of time he get mad " what are you trying to do threaten me?, I Paul won't take it, if you want to die then do it!" Mary raised the knife and was going to stab herself right in the stomach but Paul prevent in time and took the knife and slapped Mary cross the right cheek " because of him you are willing to die and leave this home and our son? is it worth?" Mary was crying badly " before mom passed away she told me to take good care of him, even if I know what Power have done is wrong and can't be forgived still I can't just see him die. He is my brother and we share the same blodd"
Paul couldn't be that strong hearted to see his wife like this really hurt him and he knew if Power died she would be even worse " ok I don't take him to Choi Long and I won't tell the others but I can't guarantee the others won't find out"
-is't true? are you really willing to let it go? If you don't tell the others they won't find out"
End of flashback.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Paul look out from the window he new that his decision have destroyed the relationship between the Shehs and he knew that nothing could be done.
But have Ray to misunderstand the Shehs make him feel more guilt but he doesn't know how to tell Ray the truth about what happen in 1988-03-12, he couldn't bare to think what Ray will do if he tell him the truth.
How will his relationship with his son bee. Anger could be seen in Pauls eyes all this pain is all because of Power, he really want to kill him but there is something holding him back...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------