#1

When You Care For Me

Soo Eun bought a hot bowl of black bean noodles, swinging it lightly as she made her way to the cafe. The cold wind blew harshly against her pale skin and she tighten the scarf around her neck, covering her nose and mouth from the icy wind.

The bell jingled, announcing the arrival of a customer. Soo Eun loosened the scarf that was around her neck and waved to the cafe employee. He nodded back at her and went behind to the staff lounge. She sat at the corner, taking the black bean noodle out of its bag and opened the cover to let the steam out. Walking over to the counter, she took a pair of chopsticks from the drawer.

"Hey Soo", an arm wrapped around her torso as she pushed the drawer close.

"Hey Zico, I got you black bean noodles." Pointing to the table at the corner.

"I can smell it from here, thanks. " he said, giving her a peck in the cheek before pulling her by hand toward the table.

She chuckled at this and let herself be pulled.

"Ahh, it smells so good." He said, taking a deep breathe of the black bean noodles.

"Here, eat it before it gets cold", handing him the pair of chopsticks.

He slurped the noodles noisily, chomping on his food like a little kid.

"Have you eaten?" He asked with his mouth still full of noodles.

"Yes I have. Close your mouth when you eat, aegi" she wiped his mouth with a tissue, carefully making sure there was no black sauce even on the corners of his lips.

He was staring into her eyes as she cleaned his mouth. When she pulled away he told her

"I like it when you take care of me." Giving her a peck on the lips.

"Yah, you taste like black bean noodles." She retorted.

He gave her a foolish grin before picking up some noodles with his chopsticks, offering them to her.

"Say ahh"

"I'm not a kid Zico."

"I'm just taking care of you in return, open your mouth, ahh, open it." He probed.

Soo Eun opened as Zico fed her with some noodles. She slurped it, causing some black sauce to land around her lips.

"Yah, babo" Zico said, wiping her lips with tissue.

Soo Eun looked at him with a disappointed face.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"You know, you could have kissed it away. Like in those dramas when the guy kisses the girl when she got some cream on her lips. You know?"

Zico chuckled, I didn't know she liked these stuff.

"Whatever." She said, waving her hands as if to erase that idea.

"They do it with whipped cream, not black bean sauce you know?" He said, still giggling at her idea of kissing the sauce away.

"Whatever, continue eating." She picked up a magazine and blocked him off.

"Chagiya, are you angry?" Zico asked, making his voice sound as sweet as he could to make her happy.

She put down the magazine to look at his angelic face. She wasn't angry, it was just something she had wanted to do, just for the fun of it. She smiled at his puppy dog face.

"No I'm not. Why would I be?" Zico looked into her eyes for a moment before replying

"Because I was thinking I had to do something to make you forgive me." He said, letting out a smirk

"What?" She asked, propping her elbow onto the table as she furrowed her eyebrows and looked at him suspiciously.

He held onto both her hands, leaning in to her. They were just an inch apart and she could feel her heart rate increase from the sudden lack of space between them. He paused, lips hovering over hers and asked,

"Isn't this what you wanted? "

Then he pressed his lips onto hers, opening slightly to capture her upper lip. She smiled into the kiss, and he felt that, in turn making him smile as well. She then pulled away gently, after giving him one last peck. Zico continued staring into her dark brown eyes, mesmorised by those brown orbs.

"Finish up your noodles." She stated.

He frowned ar her.

"Way to kill the mood Soo."

She giggled. "Just finish your noodles. We still need to buy flowers remember?"

He groaned, putting down the chopsticks and laid his head on the table.

"You're a great mood killer." He muttered.

She ruffled his already messy brown hair, trying to comfort him.

"I'm sure they'll be happy to see you again. It's already been almost three years you know." Soo Eun tried persuading him.

She was not going to let him back out again. After Zico got kicked out of his house to let him "grow up" as his parents said, Zico never communicated with them directly, as a way of showing his anger. Soo Eun had been trying to get him back together with his parents again ever since she knew about his background.

Zico looked up, "Can't I just send them a letter, tell them I'm fine and that I totally don't need them anymore?" He smiled at Soo Eun, as if he had found a solution to his problem.

"No."

"Ugh." He grunted, letting his head back on the table in defeat.

"Think of it in a positive way. I'll be with you, you might have a new place to stay and there'll be no more bitterness!" Soo Eun tried persuading him.

"I don't want to live with them." He whined, head still down on the table.

"There's still my place, if my mom allows.." She watched for his reaction.

He jerked up, scrutinising her expression.

"Really? You're not saying all this just to make me be at peace with my parents are you?" He frowned.

She shook her head slowly.