Visits from Dr. Love & the notebook

100% Bad Guy & the Artificial Girl

 

"Really? That's a strange teacher." Sungmi began telling Minhee all about the project she was assigned. "Do you have anybody on your mind?" She asked.

Sungmi shrugged. "I don't know.. But it's kinda weird.." She admitted. Minhee thought about something then, "What you need is a visit by Dr. Love." Minhee said nudging her. "Who? There's a love science?" Sungmi questioned, she's heard of no such thing.

Minhee rolled her eyes at her clueless best friend and nearby, she pulled her into a flower shop. Sungmi gazed at the strange yet cozy atmosphere. "Oh! Your mom finally opened the flower shop she wanted." Sungmi said remembering her friend's mother. Minhee eye-smiled and nodded. "Come on, I want you to meet somebody." She said. 

"Oppa-yah!" She yelled. Sungmi raised a brow. *When did Minhee have a oppa?* She thought. A handsome and tall boy stepped out. Sungmi raised a brow. He looked familar to her. His eyes widened and he gazed at her surprised.

"Changjo?" Sungmi asked. "S-Sungmi?!" He asked.

"W-what are you doing here?" He asked. He was wearing his gardening uniform and Sungmi chuckled. *Oh, worker oppa,* She thought. 

"You work here?" Sungmi asked. Changjo scratched the back of his head and nodded. "Yes," he admitted. *Let the jokes begin.* He thought and hung his head down low.  

Minhee skipped over to ChangJo, tip-toed and placed her hand on his shoulder. "This boy is very good with the ladies," Her friend winked at her. "Most of our customers are his fans buying him flowers or his friends flowers," Sungmi chuckled. ChangJo turned tomato red. He awkwardly coughed and looked up, locking eyes with the smiling girl.

"Well, what's the problem?" Changjo asked. Minhee began explaining to him the entire story. 
"Wait, so 'Mi' is a nickname for Sungmi? And you weren't kidding when you said she's good at everything. But then you bring home boys." Changjo said.

Sungmi turned to her best friend ,who was whistling and looking at the ceiling, with a questioning look/glare. She playfully rolled her eyes and looked back at ChangJo.

"First of all, this girl, loves you as a sister. When I asked who's her best friend, she wouldn't shut up about your adventures and what not," He joked. Sungmi laughed. "AWHHH~ she's my best friend too." Sungmi said.

"I never heard you talk about her." He said. Minhee's face fell in 
disappointment.

"I never really talked to you..." Sungmi explained scratching the back of her head. Changjo agreed and nodded. "True, but I know Mr. Park. I took Choir last year and he has his reasons for everything. Who is the other one that he assigned this project?" He asked.

Sungmi didn't want to mention Jonghwan. She was already upset with him about doing a love song with him. Who could blame her? He was a total jerk. 

"Umm, I'd rather not say. But, he's a giant jerk," She said. He nodded, "Fine by me. I have two theories on why he assigned the project. And one way for how you can find your love." He began. 

"Mr. Park might really see the lack in emotion when you sing and want you to do better. Or, he notices something he wants to help with." He asked. Sungmi raised a brow.

"He might have noticed some sort of connection between the way you sang and the way he sang, and it might actually improve your singing tone if you guys work on this, " Changjo explained. Sungmi nodded understanding.

"And a way for you to fall in love is, open yourself up, let the world see who the real Kim Sungmi is. You might learn something new about yourself, like your feelings towards a specific boy," He said. Sungmi nodded. 

*Feelings towards a specific boy..* Sungmi thought.  
"Do you have anybody in mind?" He asked. Sungmi shrugged and shook her head. "Not exactly..." She admitted.  

"I have this trick, it's not science but are you willing?" He asked. Sungmi nodded.

"Do you want someone who understands you or someone who makes you smile." He asked. "Don't say it out loud. Close your eyes and see who pops into your head." 

 

Sungmi closed her eyes and said to herself 'I don't know..' An imagine began appearing, and it was blurry then it turned crystal clear. It was a picture of a the moment she shared with L.Joe. Underneath, the moment where her and Jonghwan locked eyes. 

Her eyes began to flutter open. "Well?" He asked. "Two pictures popped up," His eyes widened. "You're stuck," He said.  "Ehh?" Minhee asked. He turned to her and began explaining, 

"She's stuck. She's either close to liking a guy or she likes two guys," He said holding two fingers up. Sungmi's eyes widened. "Or she doesn't know who to choose. She might be confused if she's friends with one or not. A lot of friendships are confused as another. But, you narrowed it down. That's a good thing," He said trying to make her feel better. Sungmi nodded and began to think about so many things rushing through her mind.

*Why Jonghwan? He was a jerk to me on the first day. L.Joe is a bit more reasonable... But he was Hyosung's boyfriend who ended up hurting her more than she expected,* She thought. 

"Mi, you okay?" Minhee asked. Sungmi daze vanished as she turned to her worried friend, "I'm fine. I just need some time to think," Sungmi reassured. Changjo nodded agreeing. "Can you walk home from here?" Minhee asked. Sungmi nodded and stepped out into the sidewalk. 

"It's up the street, I got this." Sungmi said a bit loud. "Hwaiting & Annyeong!" Sungmi said. 

"Bye!" ChangJo and Minhee shouted. 

~~~~~~~~

Sungmi walked along the side of the road, hugging her books tightly to her chest. Her shoulders and chest were heavy and she didn't know why. *Why is my backpack so heavy?* She thought. She slightly angled her backpack straps and jumped, rearranging 
them.  

She glanced to her left and saw a little crafts store. *I do need some lyric notebook for this 'project'.* She thought and opened the door into the store. She glanced around at all the books and notebooks and pens. After about 10 minutes of unsuccessful music books she sighed in frustration.

"Find anything deary?" A voice called out to her. She flinched  and turned around. She saw an old lady in her 60s smiling at her. Trying to be polite she bowed and smiled back. "Annyeonghaesayo ahjumma, I saw your store and got curious and went inside looking for stationary." She said with a smile. Ahjumma chuckled. 

Sungmi glanced back at the notebooks and sighed. *There's no music notebook here...* She thought.  "You're a singer, aren't you?" Ajhumma asked.

Sungmi looked up at her and nodded. *How did she know..?* She thought. "I may have something you're looking for." She said and walked to her counter.

Sungmi followed her to the front and she pulled out an old box and began digging through it. Her face lit up when she came in contact to what she was looking for, and she pulled out a notebook. 

sheet_music_notebook.jpg
(The first one in the first row or the one at the bottom.) 

"This was supposed to be a gift to my grandson. But, he.. Didn't want it." She sadly confessed. Sungmi gave her an apologetic look and she handed her the book. She looked at it and slid her hand across the cover.

"Your grandson made a mistake ahjumma. I'll take good care of the book! I promise! How much?" She asked. Ahjumma chuckled and shook her head. "It's on the house, but you have to promise me something." Ahjumma asked.

Sungmi nodded, "Neh, anything ahjumma!" She said cheerfully. Ahjumma began glancing around the shop, 
"Once and a while, come and visit," She began, "The store often gets lonely.. We have a good business, but it's boring by myself." She said. Sungmi chuckled and nodded. 

"I'll come here as often as I can, I am Kim Sungmi, ahjumma," She answered. Ahjumma chuckled and gave me a heartwarming smile. "You remind me of a grand-daughter I wished for." She said admitted. Sungmi gave her a heartbroken look.

"You don't have a granddaughter ahjumma?" She asked. She chuckled and shook her head. "Of course I do! It's just that.. Her and my Grandson never visit me.. And their mother is a workaholic. My son... Passed away.." She sighed staring at the floor. Her eyes widened and she placed a hand on her shoulder. 

"Ahjumma.. I am so sorry for your loss. One day, I'll introduce you to my parents. They are workaholics to, but I'll get them some way." Sungmi said with a reassuring smile. 
She looked up at her and saw hope in her eyes. She smiled and patted her back.

"Kamsamida, Kim Sungmi, I'll try to get you to meet my grandchildren soon," She said. Sungmi nodded happily. "I would love that, I'd smack some sense into him for not accepting your gift!" Sungmi said and gave the ahjumma and laughed.