What she does to me

100% Bad Guy & the Artificial Girl

Sungmi began approaching the door to her first classroom, none of her friends were in sight. She looked a little worried but she shook it off, *they’re probably tardy or something. Don’t worry Sungmi, nothing happened.* She reassured herself.

She opened the door and saw a figure in the classroom gluing his eyes to the desk. His milky white skin was so flawless, and he looked so concentrated. *Wow, he can really focus well* She thought.

She sat down in her desk and pulled out her study standards and began going over them, about 20 minutes into the classroom. She stretched her hands over her hands. It slightly raised her shirt above her waist, revealing bare skin.

Someone couldn’t keep his eyes away even if they weren’t in his body, that person was Jonghwan. *Damn! What the ! Why am I staring there?! I am not a ert!?* He thought to himself.

He restrained himself from looking back at her. But a minute later, he glanced up from his paper. He spotted her tapping her pencil and head to a beat and humming a bit. He smiled at her cuteness.

All of a sudden, his phone rang, ‘beep! Beep!’ He raised a brow and picked his phone out from his backpack and read a text from his mom. His eyes widened and he quickly shoved his things into his backpack and rushed out the door. Sungmi looked up and saw him run out the door. She curiously looked back at his desk and saw nothing there.

Letting her curiousity take over, she walked up to his desk and noticed a piece of paper on his desk. It was written neatly and it read,

'5,000 surgery. 

1/4/13 due. 

Room 549.'

 

Her eyes widened, *I-Is he getting surgery..?* She thought. She flipped over the paper and there was a work schedule. She squinted and looked at it closely. It was a planned ahead work schedule for him. By 12/15/12 he would have recieved the money, but the schedule was unreasonable! 

It was nonstop work afterschool on schooldays. Even during the holidays! She looked at the paper sadly but she had no idea what she could do to help. It wasn't her plan to pry into his business. She didn't even know what he had. She just hopes that he could get through it. 

A door swang open, banging it's other side onto the wall. Sungmi flinched and dropped the paper. She turned and saw Jonghwan glaring at her. She quickly picked up the paper and walked up to him. "Y-You left this," She said handing him the paper. 

He rudely snatched it from her and sent her a 'don't-look-at-my-stuff' glare. She felt so little under his glare. *What kinda looks through other peoples stuff. What a , and I thought she was .. cool.* He thought. "Thanks," He said rudely and walked away. 

After a few steps, he turned around, and said, "Next time, don't look at my stuff." He warned her. She gulped and nodded. He turned away and left. She trembled under his gaze, and her knees turned weak. 

*What-what is wrong with me?! Everytime I talk to him, he always says something really mean?! But... I did look through his stuff.. But.. He didn't have to be mean about it!* She thought in her mind. But she knew what she did was wrong and couldn't help but feel guilty for doing wrong. But she was more guilty about his fate. *What's going to happen to him...* She thought. 

~~~~~~~~~

Jonghwan dashed to the hospital. *Please, be okay.* He thought. He began speeding up and rushed through the hospitals door. Sweat came running down his head. His mind started getting twisted and mixed thoughts about the future. He saw the title 'emergency room' and ran into the room. 

The doors slid open and he saw woman, worriedly sitting on the chair. She was impatiently tapping her foot and her body was practically shaking. She was wearing baggy clothes and her lip makeup was smuged. She looked younger without her makeup, but for her job she had to. 

"Umma!" Jonghwan shouted. She stood up in her chair, and tears formed in her eyes. Jonghwan softened. His mother ran into his arms, and peacefully wrapped his arms around her. She began wailing and bawling into his shirt. He her back and rested his head on her head. *It's alright Umma.. I'm here.* He thought. 

The doctor walked into the room and his mother pulled away from him. She walked up to the doctor and weakly asked, "How is she?" The doctor looked at her with concern and he sighed. 

"We are certain that she has brain tumor," He stated. His mother gasped and she almost fell to the floor. Jonghwan looked at doctor lifelessly and then caught his mother before she fell. "You got her here just in time though, we were able to give her shots and get her head to stop hurting. We really encourage you to get the surgery though. She may not remember her past but she will get to live." He said.

His mother regained her balance and stood up. "We're considering, but we haven't made a decision yet," She stated. The doctor nodded, "That's fine, but as soon as possible," He said, patting her shoulder. She nodded.

The doctor walked away and she turned to her oldest son. "Jonghwan, I know this is a burden.. But can you-

"Already covered it. I can raise most of the money by her birthday." He said. She looked at her son with pity and she gently his cheek. "Kamsamida Jonghwan-ah.. You and Jooyeon are all I have left.." She began to form tears in her eyes again. 

Jonghwan knowing his mother, patted her shoulders and said,"Let's go see Jooyeon," She wiped her tears and nodded. Jonghwan began pulling her into the room. 

~~~~~~~~

"What the ?! Where'd that nigga go." L.Joe said outloud. Sungmi raised an eye at his language and he winked back at her. She gave him a weirded out look. 

"Sorry, he just broke up with his girlfriend, so he's flirty towards everyone." Chunji said shoving his best friend away from him. L.Joe rolled his eyes and hugged Chunji's waist. 

"You know you want this~" L.joe said wiggling his eyebrow. Sungmi's face flushed pink being near them, she then scooted her chair towards the other side a bit. Chunji jabbed L.Joe in the stomach and he clutched his stomach and held a sour expression. 

"Sorry, I don't do the D," He said. Sungmi chuckled, thinking that L.Joe just got rejected. Mr. Park walked into the room. The first thing he noticed was Jonghwan missing, he then immediately glanced at Sungmi, who was chuckling at L.Joe. 

*Maybe I was wrong about them..* He thought. He then walked to his desk and tried to act 'normal'. Hyosung pulled her chair towards Sungmi with an unhideable happy expression. 

Sungmi guessed it had something to do with Himchan. "Sungmi, he asked me on a date!" At the same time both girls shrieked in the class, and it caused the class to stare at them. "OMMMG, he was so romantic.. It was an unforgetable moment.. He makes me feel so fluttery and happy!" She exclaimed. Sungmi's mouth slightly fell but she didn't want to seem bad towards her friend. 

*I'm happy that you found your guy, how is it falling for someone?* Sungmi thought, but she couldn't ask her. She didn't know why.. *I guess, I want to find out myself,* She thought. 

"OMMMMMG, I'll tell you all about it. So like he asked me if I wanted to see the Han river with him, I said okay and we went. We splashed each other and etc and changed. But like at night there were fireworks, towards the end, there was a heart one. He slipped something into my pocket and kissed me. HE KISSED ME!" She fangirled.

She smiled widely for her friend, and someone's heart began thumping loudly for the angelic smile. *Smile of an angel... . CRAP. . SHUT UP HEART.* L.Joe thought. L.Joe turned away with a flushed expression, *Damn, heart, stop this!* He thought and whacked his chest hardly. Recieving weird looks from Chunji.

"And he asked me to go on a date, for reals. And I agreed. But he slipped this note into my pocket." She said. She dug through her bag for something and pulled out a folded paper. 

'I know this is very wimpy and stupid. But ... I was wondering if you liked me too? Because I like you, I admit it. I like Jeon Hyosung, the girl with 'thunder' thighs as she claims. I think they're y~~~ (; & the girl with a smile that shows off her gums. I'll still kiss you, don't worry babe. I like how you are, protective of your friends, and motherly. I like you for you. L.Joe was a jackass, but I do like you. I know it doesn't look like it through this wimpy note.. But I'm hopeless, especially towards the girl I like. I hope you like me too, ttyl. You're forever my babe.'

Sungmi's heart warmed up to her friend's boyfriends sweet words. "That's so sweet.." She said, and smiled. L.Joe chuckled and smirked. *What kind of idiot writes his girl a love letter? what is he? a first-grader?* He thought. He rolled his eyes and began gazing on Sungmi. 

Sungmi looked up and noticed his gaze. He smirked and made a heart towards her. 

She raised a brow towards him and slightly feel her cheeks turn crimson pink. *He's cute.. Wait, what?* She thought. She turned away, and L.Joe didn't see her blush. His face fell, *So, she doesn't like the flirty appoarch.. She's gonna have to get used to it soon.* He thought and smiled. 

Chunji rolled his eyes at his best friend, *He's gonna go overboard. I feel bad for you Sungmi..* He thought and shook his head. 

L.Joe walked over to Sungmi's chair and placed his hands on her shoulders. Sungmi stiffened, and Hyosung looked at him with an unreadable expression. She was feeling jealous, hatred, and betrayal. *Why do I feel like this?* She thought.

He bent down and whisphered into her ear, "I know you're not used to the flirty me, but you gotta get used to it, if you love me," He finished and smirked. Her face turned bright red and he quickly smacked a wet kiss on her cheek and then walked back to his seat. 

The two girls froze with shock. Her face turned bright red and her heart began doing flips and flops and she couldn't, no she wouldn't dare, look at him. She quickly turned away, leaving her back face towards him throughout the rest of the class.

L.joe watched her and smirked. *She's shy,* He thought. Chunji gave his best friend a weird look and rubbed his temple. *This is going to be stressful with these two..* He thought. *I hope he hits rock bottom soon, she isn't interested,* He thought.

~~~~~~~~

Sungmi and Jieun were exiting the classrom while Hyosung was telling Minwoo how Himcham was and what happened. The two girls rolled their eyes at their friend, sure, they love her. But then, Himchan, Himchan, Himchan, never left her lips. The two chuckled watching Hyosung scream and smile retelling the story.

"She really does like him a lot, doesn't she.." Sungmi said. Jieun nodded, "You have no idea.." They both gazed at Hyosung as she began telling Rockhyun when a thought popped into Jieun's head. 

"Oh! What was with you and L.Joe, are you guys together?" She asked. Sungmi's eyes widened as she felt blush to her cheeks and instantly shook her head. 

"Why did he kiss you though?" She asked raising an eyebrow. Sungmi shrugged, "I thought you guys would know. But it was weird...." Jieun saw the blush on her friend's face and giggled. 

"You like him, don't you?" She accused. Sungmi's jaw dropped along with her eyes becoming big as saucers. She furiously shook her head. "No..I mean.. I don't know." She admitted. *I don't think I do?* She thought. 

Jieun threw her head back laughing, and then she patted her friend's back. "Don't worry, we're all in crush mode. Zinger on Chunji, Hyosung on Himchan, Sunhwa on Minwoo and you on L.Joe." She said. Sungmi raised a brow. *Sunhwa has a crush on Minwoo..?* She thought. "What about you?" She asked. 

She smiled and turned, she pointed at a boy's back and he turned around. Sungmi's eyes widened. "H-Hyukjin..?" She said. Jieun gave her a strange look, "No, um, next to him," She said. 

Sungmi looked again, and her eyes landed on the person behind Hyukjin, ChangJo. "C-Changjo?" She asked. Jieun smiled and nodded. "But I'm a noona, he wouldn't like me, I know Hyukjin likes me though. I know who everybody likes in our circle of people. Well, most of us, " She said. *Y-You sure about that?* Sungmi thought. 

"Niel & CAP aren't really into anybody here. Chunji may or may not like Zinger. ChangJo, I have no idea.. Ricky & L.Joe like every single pretty girl," She said. *Every single pretty girl...?* She thought and her face slightly fell. 

"Trust me, they've liked all of Secret before, but none of us liked them except for Hyosung." She sadly said. Sungmi's face fell and Jieun quickly changed the subject. 

"Um, Minwoo, Rockhyun, Hyukjin, Chanyang, Changbum, are like flirtly with girls but not found their right one yet. & Sanghoon has a girl that he loves but he won't tell us who, yet. & Jonghwan's never loved or liked anybody," She said. *Just like me... No! He isn't like me! He's- He's mean..* She thought. 

"But, out of all of them, Jonghwan is the most mysterious. Well, to us, not really 100%," She said. Her ears perked up. *100%..?* She thought. 

"He's only close to his friends and will open up to only them," She shrugged. "He never really talks outside of that then," She finished. Sungmi gave her friend a 'really?' look. He's talked to her before, but then, not exactly the words you want to hear.

"But he has a hell of a good voice," She finished. Sungmi chuckled, *That's a good thing about him,* She thought. 

"Let's go get food, I'm straving!" She said and yanked Sungmi into the lunchroom. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Sungmi sat on the table with her on the chair and food in her lap. That's how everybody sat there. She sat next to Hysoung and listened to her friend babble on about Himchan. L.Joe smoothly glides into the seat next to her that isn't occupied. She bit into her pasta when she noticed. She looked up and saw him gazing. 


She titles her head in confusion, *What are you doing?* She thought. L.Joe smiled and bit into the piece of the pasta, (like the peppero game) 

Her eyes widened and the piece of pasta in fell to her bowl. She shook her head and awkwardly coughed. 

"I-I-Im not so hungry anymore.." With a flushed face she got up and threw away her trash. That backfired on L.Joe, he wanted to continue doing that. 

Sungmi didn't know what to do, she- she- felt like she actually liked that. And she felt pink in her cheeks. She glanced around and her eyes landed on someone's unfilled seat. 
She felt a little sad that he wasn't here. And she didn't know why. *I hope he's okay..* She thought. 

L.Joe followed her gaze and landed on the seat. He raised a brow and grew a bit uneasy. *Does she like him? That's why she's pushing me away?* He thought. 

Sungmi walked back to her seat but she didn't sit down next to L.Joe. She stood in front of him awkwardly. They were both thinking about Jonghwan.

*Why am I worrying about him?* She thought. *I just hope I'm wrong, plus, it's not like he has any power over me. He can't take what's mine.* He thought and smirked. 

The doors swung open. And in walked a Jonghwan, with his usual poker face. Sanghoon, Minwoo, and the rest of 100% ran towards him. 

One of them accidentally shoved Sungmi forword. Sungmi was surprised and gripped onto the first thing she could grab, which was someone's waist. Her eyes were shut and her face was buried in that person's chest. The whole cafeteria stopped and stared at the scene. Sungmi finally opened her eyes and looked up to see who she was hugging.

The moment she wrapped her arms around him, his world froze. Stopped. He felt her face against his chest, breathing heavily. His face turned bright red and his heart became all he could hear. It was racing as fast as the wind. 

Jonghwan didn't care if he was staring. He looked at Sungmi's arms around L.Joe. He gritted his teeth bitterly. He knew he disliked her but he felt some sort of hatred or jealousy in his core. He gave them both a stern death glare. 

Her eyes widened when they landed on L.Joe's eyes. She felt embarrassed. She felt as if she committed a crime. Her stomach had a whirly bad feeling and she felt like crying. But at the same time, she turned red. She couldn't tell if it was embarrassment or blush. She didn't know what she was feeling.. Confused was all she knew, and she wanted to run away. 

"M-Mianhae, e-excuse me," She said and fled the cafeteria. On the way out, the girl that got in a fight with Sunhwa stuck out her foot. Sungmi's mind was occupied and she didn't see the girl's foot. She tripped over it, scrapping her knee. Sungmi began hearing laughter. *I-I've never been so humliated..* She thought. She stood up dusted her hands and continued running out. 

Jonghwan's eyes grew alert and he felt like rushing towards her. But his friends surrounding him wouldn't let him go without and explanation. "YAHHHH!" Someone roared. She turned back and saw L.Joe winking at her. She just turned away and continued to run into the halls. 
 

Jonghwan rolled his eyes at the scene, but he managed to slip away from his friends and followed the girl.

"Why are you guys picking on her? If I find her crying, or sad, and know it's someone bullying her. They're going to be dealing with 'The L.Joe' and you guys know I'm not afraid to murder, cause I've done it before," He threatened.  
The girl who tripped Sungmi shouted, "Who cares about her?! Why is she so important?" She screamed. 

That pissed. L.Joe off. He stormed towards the girl and yanked her up by her hair. "Don't ever say that. She's not a , a , a e. That's what I like about her." He said.

She wrapped her arms around L.Joe and whispered into his ear. "Why'd she do this earlier?" She asked. L.Joe shoved her arms his body and gave her a threatening look. 

"She fell. And anyone who messes with my girl isn't going to end up still pretty," She looked at him frightened. They all knew L.Joe was capable of killing her on the spot. The room froze with fear and L.Joe's mind began wondering in all sorts of directions.

*W-Why am I so protective of her... Why does she make my heart beat faster.. Why is she so special to me..* He thought.  

 

Author's Note:

Merry Christmas Eve! (: