In the Sky that Day

In the Sky that Day

 

(A/N: This is a sequel to Dearly Beloved. If you didn't read it, then please do so, or else this might be confusing to you)
 
 
Oh how it was so cold...
 
My footsteps were weighing me down with every step I take. But most of the weight came from my heart. I could feel sky's tears falling on me,and that made me hold onto the black umbrella tightly. Although the rain was very cold, it burned whenever it had made contact with my skin. I was wearing black skinny jeans, held up by a white belt, and a white graphic t-shirt paired with a dark grey blazer. I don't know why I chose those clothes. It didn't help me fight against the burning chill. I just had a feeling like I had to go outside, despite the weather . I felt something wet roll down my cheeks as I walked slowly on the sidewalk. Thinking it was the rain,but realizing it was just hot tears. Why am I...?
 
"Why is the sky crying?" I asked myself loudly, earning a few stares from passersby. 
 
I felt a presence next to me shrug his shoulders, and say "I don't know"
 
I sadly smiled and nodded. I continued walking down the streets of Seoul. The tears shed from the sky seem to be coming down harder. I could hear the rain pounding against my only protection.I gripped onto my umbrella,making sure that it didn't leave me. It protected me and I don't want to lose that. I looked up to the small cover. The inside was pushed out,making it look like it was going to engulf me in darkness. Too bad I already was.
 
"Where are you leading me?" I asked my lover. He just smiled and nodded,continuing to walk forward. I felt an unexpected cold gush of air. My skin was tightening up to keep the warmth inside. But I know that the warmth was gone long ago.
 
I silently sighed," Sehun, why is it so gloomy today? This doesn't feel right..."
 
He gave me a sad smiled and slipped his hand into mine. "It's okay" he mouthed.
 
I blinked twice and turned my head to the path in front of us. We were on top of a small hill. The road slithered down the hill to downtown of Seoul. From the top, I could see a small part of the city. Everything was grey and dull. The tall skyscrapers that desperately try to touch the sky, but have failed to. The clouds invaded the blue sky and its light. There were barely any people around, everyone taking refuge inside their home from the pounding rain.I would take refuge in one,but...
 
I have a house, but not a home...
 
"Why are you so sad,Mr. Sky?" I tilted my head a little.The rain let up a little bit and was now drizzling lightly above. I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around in curiosity.
 
"Young man, a-are you alright?" An elder said with a concern voice and worried eyes. He had a brown cane in one hand, and a dark grey umbrella in the other. The fine wrinkles on his face were detailed and marked his age. His voice,however, was strong like any other adult. 
 
I gave him a smile and said "Everything is just fine."
 
That smile was fake. Everything was fine? That was a lie. Something was off. I don't know what. 7 years ago was when everything collapsed. The darkest period of my life has come. I tried holding back the empty tears, but I couldn't...
 
I nodded to the old man,turned around, and walked again. "Why do people think I'm not alright,Sehun?" I looked to my lover. He had the same concerned look as the man.
 
"...Why are you looking at me like that?" As soon as I said that, his eyes widen and he looked away. A chilling whisper silenced the city and its people. I just stood there,clenching my jaw together.
 
"What do you think is wrong with him?"
 
"Why is he talking to himself like that?
 
"Why is he so alone?"
 
The thoughts of people from the past came flooding back to me. I had become so lonely..? But..I had Sehun...Wasn't Sehun with me? Where was I at that time..? Oh...that's right..I was lost.
 
"Luhan-ah?" A familiar man placed his hand on my shoulder as I was writing in my journal.
 
"Hm? What is it?" I looked up to him, his face but a blur. My eyesight transmitted everything as black and white. It was dull to the point where I felt a pounding in my head from all the lack of liveliness.
 
"Are you alright?Why are you always at home all the time? Go play with some friends" His voice was monotone. 
 
"Of course I'm alright. Dad, I have Sehun with me right now. He's sleeping right now," I couldn't make out his expression,but I knew he made a disgusted face.
 
"Sleeping? Where?" The man's voice got angrier.
 
" On my bed, right there." I pointed to the right where my bed was.
 
"Luhan, there's no one there," His voice was firmer. 
 
"No, there is. Sehun-ah is there," My tone of voice became more defiant.
 
"Luhan, stand up," 
 
I obeyed his command and a hard cold slap ran across my face. My eyes widen and a stinging sensation was left on my cheek. I looked back at the blurred image of the man, in disbelief to what he had done.
 
"Luhan! Get over him! He's not coming back!! He's gone. He's not here for you anymore." He raised his voice and slowly enunciate the last few words.
 
What?
 
I had been walking the whole time while looking at the wet gravel. The rain never stopped. The clouds didn't move. The flashbacks ran through my mind again, destroying every happy memory along the way.
 
My ears had gone deaf for a moment. All was silenced,but then returned to loud rain and thunder above. As I looked back again, my eyes were slowly getting blinded by a sudden light. A dizziness occurred in my head and I could feel my legs becoming weaker and weaker by the second. My left leg crossed the other leg,making me fall to the side a little. As a quick reflex, I switched my right foot back to where it belonged. I stood still,not wanting to move anymore. I closed my eyes waiting for the blinding light to pass. The light passed and darkness had greeted me. 
 
I opened my eyes again to see a lifeless world. The street lights had been indicating nightfall has taken its place. Little cars drove by with their lights reflecting on the rain on the ground. So...lonely..
 
Mixed emotions occurred in the pit of my stomach. My heart clenching in pain. It was so cold,but why do I feel so hot...? As time passed, I found it harder and harder to breathe. An icy,yet burning feeling traveled up my throat and I let out a scream.
 
The rain was pouring harder than ever,but I just dropped everything and ran. Ran as fast as I could. Away from this burning city. The debris, the controlling people, the fear. I'm scared. Yes, I know it. I'm scared of everything right now. Even myself...What have I become? What's going on? Why is the world treating me like this?!
 
I ran faster and faster. My legs were getting tired ,but I still had a lot of breath left in me. I picked up my speed,making random sharp turns. Where am I going? I wonder where my legs were taking me, where my mind was taking me. Where should I go?
 
I ran through a gate, into an area where stones were laid all over the ground. I kept sprinting and went deeper into the place.The water splashed onto my legs and made it wet. The lower part of my jeans clung onto me,making it uncomfortable to run or even walk. But I kept going. 
 
My legs slowly came into a jog and stopped. A large stone was present in front of me. The name Oh Sehun was etched onto the grave. 
 
Why?
 
And all this time...
 
I felt weak all over again. My legs wobbled and I fell onto the ground. Hot tears streamed down my face and mingled with the icy rain. Sehun-ah. Was I blind the whole time? Have you been laughing at me? Or are you pitying me?
 
I..don't know anything anymore. My mind has become void, erasing all of the stored memories. I could feel the dullness in my eyes and soul. I forgot to breathe. I forgot how to breathe. My lungs were screaming for air,but I didn't allow it. I didn't allow myself to breathe. I forbid myself to live any further. 
 
I stared at Sehun's grave for a few more minutes. The image of Sehun smiling appeared,but was gone in a second. I could feel the temperature drop quickly. The image's lights blinded my eyes. Blackness soon took over and it was the only thing my eyes saw.
 
------
 
I gasped for the wanted air. My eyes shot wide open. My body was all tense,but soon relaxed under the warmth of the sun slightly peeking out from the clouds and the coldness of the air. I sat up and took a look at my surrounding. I was lying on a bench in what seems as an all too familiar park. The trees beside me were covered in white fluffy snow. Snow dropped from the leaves and in the distance, children all dressed up for the coldness and were playing with smiles on their face.
 
The image was all too familiar. The smiles on the people's faces. I let out a short breath and saw the foggy air disappear in the sky. I looked up and noticed the clouds were still together,but in a gentle feeling.
 
 
How many years has it been since I've been here? It felt way too long ago...
 
I shifted my position a little and found out I had another jacket on me. Along with a dark red scarf and gloves. I narrowed my eyes at the mysterious clothes. 
 
"Good morning," A voice from the side said calmly. I turned my head to the owner of the voice and widen my eyes.
 
"I saw you passed out so I brought you out here. Sorry, I should have taken you to the hospital, but you were...it was too far..."
 
I still had owl eyes for a moment before the corner of my lips lifted to make a smile.
 
"Thank you..My name is Luhan...Yours?" I asked gently, afraid something might break.
 
Oh Sehun.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Yay~ I made a sequel~! Err Oneshot sequel~ XDD Hmm, should I continue this? ;)
I was gonna make the ending sad again, but i was like eh, why not?, and BAM failed ending. :D
 
Thanks to my editor, MusicalOtaku, for editing this~ She has no AFF account, but she's one hell of an editor. ;D
 
Comments=♥ and FREE HUGS~ O u O
 
~Dia is Out!~