Ghost Of You

Ghost Of You

 

He sat on every spot he found comfortable enough to sit. He rolled on the floor. He jumped. He ran around the living room. He rummaged through every room, closet, and anything that had a door attached in Junhyung’s house. Still, he was feeling bored and out of place. Hyunseung sighed heavily, stood still near the window and staring at the blue and empty sky in front of him. ‘Junhyung sure is late today’

 

Just then he heard a click sound on the door and Hyunseung can’t help but grinned like an idiot, hopping in the air to welcome the owner of the house, also his best friend since childhood.

 

When Junhyung opened the door, Hyunseung was already standing there, smiling from ear to ear like a little kid hoping for some kind of reward for being good at home while the daddy went for work.

 

“Welcome home” but Hyunseung wasn’t a kid. When this situation occurred, Hyunseung more or less looked like a wife greeting his husband’s return from work.

 

Junhyung shot a quick glance before he closed the door behind him and walked pass through Hyunseung.

 

“Junnie~” Hyunseung whined, immediately followed Junhyung’s steps further into the house. Junhyung ignored him completely, sinking down on the couch and leaned his back comfortably. He was dead tired. Work gave him hell and he didn’t need to deal with another random outburst from Hyunseung.

 

“Junhyung, are you that tired?” there was no reply from Junhyung and Hyunseung wasn’t expecting one either. He knew. He understood enough. When Junhyung acted like this; giving him a silent treatment, looking extremely tired with a soft breathe coming from his mouth and eyes closed tightly, Hyunseung quietly sat closed to the other and watched. Traced Junhyung’s features carefully with his eyes, Hyunseung realized that Junhyung was a very good looking man. His beautiful eyebrows, his well-shaped cheekbones, his love-shaped lips, his long eyelashes; Hyunseung thought that Junhyung will be a good partner in life for anyone. ‘If only I realized this sooner’

 

“Seungie” Hyunseung looked up; his gaze met with Junhyung’s weary one. Looking at Junhyung like this, Hyunseung thought every possible way to make Junhyung felt better. But he knew he can’t do anything, anything at all and that somehow made his heart sank. So he smiled and leaned closer.

 

“I’ve been really good when you were away. But it’s kind of bored though” Junhyung smiled this time and bent forward. With Hyunseung sitting on the floor in front of him, right at his feet and looking up with that adorable smile on his face, Junhyung knew there won’t be any better place than his own home.

 

“Really? That’s good. You didn’t do anything weird, do you?”

 

Hyunseung titled his head to the left and pursued his lips, pretending to be in a deep thought. “Does doing a full inspection in your house count?”

 

Junhyung laughed before he leaned back on the couch. “You did do something weird again”

 

“It was worth it this time” Hyunseung smiled cheekily. “I found your hidden treasure”

 

Junhyung had to raise his eyebrow at that statement. “And what is possibly my hidden treasure that you’ve found, baby?”

 

“Your magazines; two full boxes. You are one ert guy Junnie~” Hyunseung stuck his tongue out and Junhyung can’t help but laughed louder this time.

 

“I don’t regard that as my hidden treasure Hyunseung. Try harder next time”

 

“Oh I’m sure I did work hard today. I found the photo albums as well” Junhyung stopped laughing in instant. He stared at Hyunseung and the pretty boy was having this smile he didn’t quite understand. Somehow, the atmosphere changed. He felt his face was burning hot and his heart was beating rapidly. “The photo albums you refused to show me the last time we had a real conversation”

 

Hyunseung stood up, walking toward his favorite spot in Junhyung’s house; near the window of the living room. Hyunseung didn’t have that smile on his face anymore. Junhyung’s eyes didn’t leave the figure, how he wish he had the courage to follow the steps and do whatever it takes for him to see that smile again.

 

“We always have a real conversation Seungie”

 

“You know what I mean” Hyunseung turned his head to look at Junhyung and smiled; a smile that was full with sadness and regret. Junhyung knew what he meant; he perfectly understood. He just refused to acknowledge it. Nothing ever makes sense.

 

What will make more sense if he told his family, his friends; that he was living with a ghost? Did anything make more sense than he was now a crazy man? No, Junhyung didn’t think so. Yes, truth to be told, Hyunseung’s a ghost. No one will believe him; even he didn’t even know if he could trust himself. Everyday he woke up, he would like to think that this was all just a dream; a dream he had every night because Hyunseung was his best friend, because he loved Hyunseung, because he missed Hyunseung, because they were always together and it felt right. But what didn’t was Hyunseung was already dead. Hyunseung had an accident, a very unlucky event that even Junhyung never thought could have happened to either of them. Out of countless days of them fighting, it had to be the day that Hyunseung had to leave him forever.

 

“I was meant to show it to you. I mean, I wanted you to have it” Junhyung’s words sounded so heavy in his throat. “It just I don’t think it’s time for it yet. And I hate myself for thinking like that”

 

“No, it’s not your fault. And I don’t think I can accept it”

 

“Yeah, I know”

 

 

 

 

A/N: First chapter! I'm actually managed to write up to 4 chapters already. I'll try to post the rest as soon as possible. Thank you!