044. Freak ; Sunggyu/Myungsoo

INFINITE 100-fic challenge
044. Freak ; Sunggyu/Myungsoo
Rating: PG-13
Length: 1261 words
Type: Angst, a hint of supernatural/mythology

 
There was a boy in his class, Myungsoo remembers.

He was quiet; always sitting alone in the corner seat at the back next to the window. He would normally wear clothing with a hood, which was always covering his head and shielding his face, but from the way it was angled Myungsoo knew he was staring out the window.

Sunggyu was his name. Kim Sunggyu, according to the attendance roll that the teacher called. He would simple raise his hand without breaking his gaze from the window.

Myungsoo could recall him never having a partner for partner work, never eating lunch with friends or talking to any of his peers. In fact, Myungsoo couldn't even recall seeing him ever pick up a pen. All he did was stare out the window.
 
No one but the teachers knew what he looked like or what he sounded like. He seemed mysterious, and he was obviously a favourite topic of gossip around the classroom; Myungsoo heard multiple students speak about him in hushed voices. Only, their voices weren't so hushed.

“I wonder what's wrong with that Sunggyu kid.”
“I know, he doesn't speak and I don't think anyone's seen his face.”
“Maybe he's the devil's child and he's trying to hide his red eyes?”


Myungsoo recalled seeing a slight shift in his posture at that comment.

“Or maybe he's so ugly he can't show his face. It could probably kill.”

There was a slight twitch from the fingers he laid atop his desk.

“Maybe he's like part of a gang. The mafia or yakuza. That's why he can't associate with us, otherwise he'll get caught and the police will come get him.”

“Or he could think he's better then us. Obviously he's way off on that though. He probably doesn't even have emotions. Not that anyone could tell anyways, you can't ever see his face.”


A slight tense in the boy's shoulders became apparent and Myungsoo stared at him with empathy.

“Maybe he should just disappear.” It was a snotty voice that had said it. Said it out loud, at that. And Myungsoo, as well as most of the other students in the class, jumped as a loud screech was heard, followed by a bang.

The boy was standing and looking down at the ground, his hands balled into fists by his sides and his chair lying idly on the ground behind him. Everyone stared at him; (Myungsoo was no exception). The boy had suddenly bolted out of the classroom, his footsteps loud and echoing down the hallway.

Myungsoo recalls seeing wisps of caramel brown flying out from under the hood, which had slipped off just as the boy had ran out the door. And when he turned, Myungsoo noticed the oddly coloured eyes. It seemed that he hadn't been the only one to catch the boy's strange eye colour.

“Haha, he's so weird. Did you guys catch the colour of his eyes? They were like aqua! I mean, what are those? Contacts? They certainly don't make him look any better.” There were a few laughs that had emitted from the room, Myungsoo recalls, as he had thrown his seat back and left the room in search of the blue-eyed boy.
 
Just as he turned the corner, he saw the door to the rooftop slowly swinging closed, and he could make out the faint sound of crying coming from the stairwell beyond it. He had followed his instincts and made his way up the stairs, and when he had reached the top, what he saw almost made his heart stop.

The mop of caramel had been clearly seen leaning over the edge of the bar. Myungsoo had also taken notice that the boy was about to swing his left leg over the railing as well.

“WAIT!” He remembers screaming, taking a few steps forward. And then he remembers seeing Sunggyu's head snap around. He had been beyond shocked by that point. Sunggyu's eyes had been filled with tears, almost b over the edges.

It was the first time Myungsoo had been able to actually appreciate the boy's face. He had looked quite cute for his age, with rounded cheeks and pouty pink lips. His eyes were small, but piercing. And it took Myungsoo by surprise when he noticed the colour of those eyes. They were a deep ocean blue.

Myungsoo recalled thinking to himself that those eyes had been ice blue before, so how was it possible for them to become darker? Could it be the lighting?
 
But then he remembered seeing those eyes turn amethyst. And they had widened, and a look of fear had crossed the boy's face, his actions frozen.

“I'm not going to hurt you, don't worry.” Myungsoo remembered saying, before he saw the boy's eyes reach a calming shade of violet, before dulling to an empty gray.

“W-What do you want from me....?”

It had been a quiet murmur, almost reaching a whisper, but Myungsoo could remembers his heart feeling fuzzy at how sweet and honey-like the voice had been.

“Nothing... I just came to see if you were alright.”

Sunggyu's eyes had flashed to a fiery red, “You came to- to see if I was al- alright...?” It was a whisper this time, but with a hint of anger, and Myungsoo had nodded in response. The eyes melted back into the dead gray.

“You wouldn't care if I was alright... No one would, because I'm a freak.”

Myungsoo can remembear leaping forward in an attempt to grab the material of Sunggyu's uniform as he had flung himself over the railing. He had missed, though, and Sunggyu's body had lain in a mess on the concrete ground below. Myungsoo had screamed and everything had gone black.
 
 
When he awoke, he had been surprised to see the interior of his room. Myungsoo wondered how he had gotten there, and then the images had flashed back through his mind. He sat up in realisation that one of his classmates had just jumped from the roof of their six-level building.
 
And as soon as that passed, he slumped back in regret that he was unable to stop it, only to have washes of colours blur his mind.

Aqua, ocean blue, amethyst, violet, red and grey.

It had suddenly occurred to Myungsoo that the boy's eyes had shifted colours. And that had driven the boy to fish for his laptop from below his bed. He had searched for things about mythology and whatnot, before he had come across a certain slab of information that caught his eye.

Colours.

Aqua, he had learned was a colour that expressed healing. Ocean blue, sadness. Amethyst, fear, and violet was peace. He had always known red was anger. Grey was known to represent isolation.
 
Myungsoo had his fingers splayed across the keyboard for a few minutes before he had reached the conclusion that Sunggyu's emotions were shown through the colour of his eyes.

At first, Myungsoo was ecstatic. He had never met anyone that had their eyes change colours depending on their mood, and he found it a bit exciting. But then had he realised he wouldn't know anyone that unique.
 
And after analysing his discovery of colours a little deeper, he became consumed with guilt as he realised that when the boy had jumped from the roof, his eyes had been a dull shade of grey.

Myungsoo's hands slipped off the laptop and his eyes glassed over;
 
 
Sunggyu had just been lonely.
 
 
 
****************
 
Uhhh... Ok wth was that LOL IDEK WHY I WROTE THAT. or what i wrote, for that matter LMAO. It's weird, and now i feel bad for killing of my honey 3 LOL I just really REALLY like the mythical stuff, and especially colours. i am absolutely in love with colours and their meanings. idek.

And as a note: The colour meanings were altered; they're not completely right, but they're not completely wrong either. ^^;;;
 
 
Started school again, and it's almost midnight and im tired, so excuse any mistakes. I beta'd it, but i probably missed a lot in my tired stupor. If you read, thanks for dropping by! Leave a comment if u have time?? ^^

As always, happy readings!!
--K