Chapter One

Turned

   Uncomfortable. That’s the only way to describe how I felt. I shuddered as I recalled the events that led to this. The boy running down the hall, him not seeing me, and the collision that led to coffee and whip cream stains all over my new school uniform. Great and it was my first day too. I know what you’re thinking, did I really go to my first class in a coffee stained white shirt and whip cream covered black slacks? Nope, it was worse, much worse. They couldn’t find me another uniform. So what did they give you ask? The girl’s uniform. That’s right, white shirt black blazer and a short, pink p, pleated skirt. It barely covered my . Of course I laughed and said no. the office lady kindly reminded me

 

     “Honey, you’re at boarding school and your bags haven’t arrived yet. What other option do you have?” She was right, I had no other clothes in my room and hadn’t had the chance to make any friends as of yet…so I took the stupid uniform and went to the bathroom to change.

 

   I got a lot of stairs on the way to class, boys checking out my legs and girls with jealous looks. I suppose having long straight brown hair doesn’t help ether.

 

   I walked in to the classroom last and the teacher asked me to stay up the front. I explained why I was dressed like a girl to only him, stupid me.

 

   “Alright class, we have a new student joining us this term, please introduce yourself.”

 

   I bowed to the class “Good morning everyone, my names Lee Taemin, I’m 16 and it’s nice to meet you all.” Some student nodded in acknowledgement.

 

“Alright Taemin, you can sit next to Kibum, just there.” He pointed to a boy with short, light brown hair; it was streaked with various colors. He had this devious smirk on his feline face. Kibum raised his hand to make himself known and I took my seat quickly.

 

   “Alright everyone, history text books out and open up to page 23, Alexander the Great.”   While the teacher was distracted with writing notes about Alexander the Great Kibum leaned over to me.

 

   “Hey Taemin,” he startled me “nice to meet you” He reached his hand out and I shake it.

 

“Ehh, you too Kibum”

 

“Oh, you can just call me Key” he winked. “I have a question, and I don’t mean to sound rude if you are, but, you’re not a girl are you?”

 

“Whoa, you can tell!?”

 

“Of course,” he began “no girl with legs as y as you is uncomfortable in a mini skirt~” I sighed, relieved that someone could tell. “But, why are you in the girl’s uniform? Are you trying to prank everyone or something?” he turned his head to the side and waited for an answer.

 

“Oh no, it’s nothing like that! On my way to class this morning some idiot ran into me with a tray of coffee and pastries!”

 

“Ha! That was probably Onew; he’s a year ahead of us and likes to help out the teachers, only problem is he’s a massive klutz.”

 

“Kibum, please stop distracting the new student, not everyone can pass without studying like you can” The teacher interjected.

 

Yes, sorry sir” Key winked at me again and returned to copying notes. Maybe this wasn’t going to be so and after all.

 

                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

    That first class of Ancient History seemed to drag on forever; maybe it was because I just finished a unit of Alexander the Great in my last school, so I already knew all this stuff…

We were just talking about Alexander’s relationship with his parents when, slam, be walks in. he shuts the door with ease and strolls into the classroom like he hasn’t just disrupted the class and causally says.

 

“Sorry i'm later teach” The teacher mumbles something and waves this guy of to his seat, which just happens to be next to mine.   He sits down and the first thing I notice is the incredible smell of smoke, it makes me want to gag and vomit, but I somehow manage to resist. . I looked over to him, now finally being to see him up close. I notice he’s got wavy longish (for a guy) brown hair, but, it’s almost black. He has large brown eyes, I found I was unable to look away, despite his bad attitude and horrible smoking habits, he was mesmerizing and breathtaking. It too me a second to realize he had caught me staring and was looking at me now. I also noted that he looked like a frog.

 

“Like what you see?? Cause I sure do” his voice is low, raspy and very seductive. He his lips (Who the hell does that, by the way?) and then he’s touching me, his hand in on my thigh, slowly sliding in and inwards. Just as I was about to tell him off, Keys got his hand.

 

“Hands off Choi!” It seems Key is very perceptive AND protective, like a mother even. . The teacher finally turns around.

 

“Hey! What’s going on here!?” Key drops his hand and turns to the teacher.

 

“Oh, Sir, Minho here was just ually harassing the new student” The teacher process' for a second then “Mr Choi, principles office, now.” Minho smirks and stands up, he looks at me as he walking out the door and he his lips and winks again, I visibly shuddered at that.

 

Key takes his seat and the lesson resumes like nothing happened. Key puts his hand on my shoulder and whispers; “hey, don’t worry about Minho, he’s an ” And with that , the bell for lunch rings. I pack up my belongings and grab my bag. Key grabs my hand and starts pulling me out the door.

 

“I can’t wait to introduce you to all the guys! Let’s go!”