Water Girls

y Football Guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNpUyXGOzNE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

JR slammed his hands onto the desk and peered at his teammates. His face showed not an ounce of his usual playful side. “Everybody got the game plan?” JR went over the game play once more. He pointed out every single detail and made sure everyone was paying attention. When it came to football, JR was dead serious.

 

At that moment, Park Haneul and Kim Seohyun, this year’s volunteered water girls were walking down the school hallway. Haneul carried an angered expression on her milky, pretty face.

“You’re going to get wrinkles if you keep frowning.” Seohyun, a girl with short, brown hair and doe-like eyes poked Haneul’s cheek.

Haneul glared at Seohyun. “Remind me again why I’m doing this.” She growled.

Seohyun hooked her arm through her arm and rested her head on Haneul’s shoulder. “Because you want to see your bestest friend happy.”

With a roll of her eyes, Haneul shrugged Seohyun off her shoulder. “Go away.” She left Seohyun behind and sauntered down the hall.

“You know you love me!” A cute giggle escaped Seohyun’s mouth as she went running after Haneul.

The two girls turned the corner and walked into the P.E. director’s office. The football players stopped talking and looked up at them. *What are they all staring at?* Haneul raised an eyebrow.

Her breath caught in when her eyes landed on who seemed to be the captain.

He looked up and met eyes with Haneul. For a brief moment, she lost it. She cleared and looked around the room. JR smirked and stood up straight. “You two must be this year’s water girls.”

Seohyun waved with a bright beam. “I’m Kim Seohyun. Annyeonghaseyo~” She good-naturedly bowed her head. Some of the guys whistled while others clapped with swooning smiles.

Everyone looked over at Haneul with expectant looks. She returned the stares. “What?”

“Yah.” Seohyun lightly nudged her side. She placed her hand on Haneul’s arm and smiled, “This is my friend, Haneul.” Haneul just nodded.

A bemused smile crept onto JR’s lips. He walked over to them with a thin notebook in his hand. “Here’s the schedule for this year’s games. We have a scrimmage tomorrow here at school. I can expect to see you there, right?”

“Of course!” Seohyun exclaimed, earning a low chuckle from the football team.

Haneul mentally rolled her eyes. *I’m gonna hit this girl.* She shifted her weight to her other foot and looked up. JR was looking at her. Haneul awkwardly looked away. JR turned his head to the side and tried to hide the smile forming on his pink lips.

He cleared his throat and waved over one of his teammates. “Minhyun-ah. Can you please get the lovely ladies their packets?”

“Packets? What packets?” Seohyun tilted her head in confusion.

A tall, thin boy with brown hair walked over with plastic packages. He held them out to the girls. “We always provide our water girls with a uniform. Simple yet shows off the school spirit.” Minhyun said.

Seohyun’s eye glittered with happiness. “Wah! Kahmsahmnida!” She bowed her head. Haneul shook her head. *What a weirdo.*

Minhyun chuckled. “I can tell you will be awesome water girls.”

“We’ll do our best! Please take care of us while we take care of you.” Haneul just walked to the door without a word while Seohyun kept bowing to the football players.

Haneul grabbed Seohyun by the back of her collared shirt and yanked her out the door. “Oh will you hurry up?!” The door shut with a loud bang.

*This football season’s going to be very interesting.* JR playfully smirked and returned to the board.

---------------------------

The next day, after school, Haneul and Seohyun returned to campus. The football scrimmage would start in a half hour.

Seohyun stood by the bleachers on the home side and looked around for a sign of Haneul. *Where is this girl?*

“Where’s your friend?” JR came from behind her.

She jumped and turned around. “Oh, she’ll be here soon. She’s just around the corner.” Seohyun fibbed.

JR nodded, not so convinced. He walked back to his teammates but kept looking around for Haneul.

“Haneul!”

JR quickly turned around when he heard Seohyun’s squeal. His eyes nearly popped out of his head when we saw her. Her black hair was in a ponytail that bounced with every step she took. JR swallowed hard and blinked at her. Shockingly, Haneul wasn’t glaring or frowning. She was actually smiling. *Wow…*

“Dude, I just saw some guy fall of his bike.” Haneul held onto her stomach and doubled over in laughter. Her laughter sounded like music to JR’s ears.

“Why aren’t you wearing the uniform?!” Seohyun yelled.

Haneul just shrugged and looked down at her black pants. “The shorts were too short. But I’m wearing the shirt, aren’t I?” She pulled on the end of the red shirt and waved it at Seohyun.

Seohyun rolled her eyes and pushed her shoulder. They were about to start a poke war when someone cleared their throat. Haneul and Seohyun looked up. JR was standing there in his football pants and thin tank top.

*Holy crap he has nice arms.* Haneul thought and mentally face-palmed herself. *Stop thinking such things!* She looked up and met eyes with him. For a moment, it felt like they were the only ones left in the world.

JR ‘coughed’ and looked away. Haneul pursed her lips together and looked anywhere but him. “You’re not in uniform.” He stated.

Haneul furrowed her eyebrows. “The shorts didn’t fit me.” She crossed her arms with a challenging look.

“But I thought you said they were too short.” Seohyun thought aloud.

Haneul shot her a death glare that clearly said ‘shut up’. JR smirked and walked away. *I guess it’s a good thing you didn’t wear the shorts. I would have been distracted.*

She shot a quick glance at JR, shot another glare at Seohyun and walked towards the table with the water barrels. Haneul grabbed the black water bottles and started filling them up. She accidentally dropped the cap and bent over to pick it up.

JR’s eyes traveled up and down her body. They stopped over the curve of her bottom. “What are you staring at?” Baekho clapped him on the back.

“Huh? Oh, nothing.” JR turned away and gathered his team.

A knowing smile fell on Baekho’s lips. *That wasn’t just a ‘nothing’ nothing. I know you better than that Kim Jonghyun.* He glanced over at Haneul and slipped his shoulder pads on. Baekho spun around and joined the team.

--------------------------------

I know it's a short chappie, but I was thinking about

making this into a 'long' oneshot! About four or five chapters, maybe.

But please do enjoy! (:

Comment and subscribe! ^^