Doing it Wrong

The Wrong Thing to Do

 

“You know, Yuri, when a good thing goes bad it’s not the end of the world.” Yuri shook her head in disagreement. To her, it felt like the world as she knew it was really ending. “She’s just acting like that because she doesn’t want things to change.” Taeyeon reasoned with her. Yuri kept shaking her head.

“It’s easy to say that if you don’t know what I’m going through, unnie.” Yuri said, downing her shot of soju. The older girl widened her eyes.

“You can’t drunk drive every night, Yuri. You’ll end up killing yourself.” She warned, wisely taking the bottle of soju and hiding it. The younger girl was already dizzy enough to not notice her move.

“I don’t even know why I come to you anymore, Tae, you’ve ran out of good advices.” Yuri said with a bitter (and drunken) laugh. The older girl rolled her eyes.

“You only hear what you want to hear. If that’s the advice you want, you should just tell me what to say.” Taeyeon scolded, quite jokingly.

“You see, this is what really happens. I don’t think she loves me… She just likes the idea of us being together. That, and she’s scared to see me with somebody else.” Taeyeon furrowed her brows at Yuri’s estrange reasoning.

“She doesn’t love you? Yul, she’s irrevocably in love with you. Everyone can see that! Everyone but you, wait no, you can see it as well. That soju has you talking nonsense.” Yuri snickered, shaking her head and looking for the bottle of soju that had disappeared all of the sudden. “I don’t know what happened to you two, you used to be all over each other before.” Taeyeon muttered, too bad she wasn’t as quiet as she thought she was. Her words made Yuri frown as her mind went back to good times.

Flashback

“Hey, stop making out, we are trying to study here.” Sunny yelled as she threw a cushion at the couple. Yuri and Tiffany pulled away from each other sheepishly. They hadn’t meant to make their friends uncomfortable with their kissing, but being so close to each other, the temptation of kissing was always there. Everyone else in the room laughed, except for Seohyun, who blushed as Yoona covered her eyes playfully.

“Yeah, and you’re corrupting our innocent Seohyun. Shame on you two.” Yoona added, taking her hands away from the maknae’s eyes to wrap her arms around her shoulders in a playful hug. The younger girl kept blushing.

“You’re just envious.” The older choding said, sticking her tongue out to Yoona, who blushed and quickly retrieved her arms from around Seohyun. Everyone in the room (but Seohyun) knew what Yuri meant with her words. Tiffany, who was sitting in-between Yuri’s legs, turned her head to pout at her girlfriend.

“Don’t be mean to her, Yul.” She scolded. Yuri lowered her head adorably. Tiffany giggled.

“It’s just my way of making her confess already. I was just trying to help, but I’ll stop if that’s what you want.” Yuri whispered as she raised her head to meet Tiffany’s gaze. They stared into each other’s eyes and noticed how close their faces were. Tiffany caressed Yuri’s cheek tenderly as they leaned in for a kiss. It was hard for them to control themselves being so close to each other. As always, sparks flied once their lips made contact.

“Aw, not again!” Jessica and Taeyeon yelled in unison, once they realized, they turned to look at each other with a blush.

“They are so cute together, I’d like to have someone who would do everything I ask them to, and to have my face touched like that, and to have sweet things whispered in my ear…” Sunny started rambling in a dreamy voice.

“You’re watching too many dramas.” Sooyoung said, creating a collective laughter in the room.

Tiffany and Yuri, on the other hand, were still in their own world, oblivious to everything else in the room. When they finally pulled away, remembering there were other people with them, they stayed with their eyes closed, enjoying each of the breaths they took together.

“I love you.” Tiffany whispered against Yuri’s lips, feeling Yuri’s smile.

“I love you too, Fany.” Yuri whispered before once again claiming the American girl’s lips.

End of Flashback.

“To be honest, I don’t know either.” Yuri sighed. Taeyeon noticed the younger girl seemed to sober enough, which made her feel just content. They both heard footsteps coming down the stairs as Jessica came to join them. She sat next to Taeyeon, giving her a light kiss on the cheek and snuggling into. Yuri could only wish she and Tiffany still felt that way for each other. Scratch that; she could only wish she still felt the same for Tiffany.

“What time are you going to go home? Tiffany just texted me asking if Taeyeon knew where you were.” Jessica asked in her usual ice-princess fashion. Yuri looked at her watch, noticing it was 11:45 p.m already. She grimaced.

“I’d better get going. It was nice seeing you, Taeyeon-unnie and Jessica-unnie.” She said as she stood up to hug her friends goodbye.

As she drove home, she tried to do so as slowly as she could. The time she feared the most everyday had come; when she’d be on the obligation to go home. Seeing Tiffany there, with her sad eyes that now rarely showed her eye-smile, waiting for her… It was a heartbreaking scene. She’d usually prefer to get home when Tiffany was sound asleep and leave earlier than needed, so that they wouldn’t spend too much time together. To her, Tiffany was like a time-bomb; it was only a matter of time before she’d start asking questions and asking for the love Yuri had promised to give her but failed to. She loved Tiffany, indeed, but she wasn’t in love with her. Their continuous fights and arguments, and most importantly, the cheating had changed everything. Maybe they had decided to move in together being too young, after all, Tiffany was 21 and Yuri was only 20. Perhaps they had moved too fast?

As she reached the house, her heart started thumping. She was thankful when she saw the lights were completely off, which meant Tiffany was asleep already. She had contemplated sleeping on the couch several times, but she figured out Tiffany didn’t deserve to be alone at night. Taking off her shoes, she climbed upstairs to hers and Tiffany’s room. Yuri smiled lightly when she saw Tiffany’s silhouette under the covers. Not wanting to take the risk of waking Tiffany up with her noise as she changed, she decided she might as well sleep in her underwear. She took off her shirt and jeans, remaining in her bra and girl boxers. She got inside the covers, right next to Tiffany. As she took a look at Tiffany’s face, her heart churned seeing that her nose and eyelids had a pink-ish color. There was no doubt that the girl had cried herself to sleep, and she was the reason to that. Her own eyes started to burn with tears, but she kept them in. She turned her back to Tiffany, not being able to look at her anymore without crying. Just as she thought she’d be safe for the night, an arm sneaked around her waist and a warm body pressed to her back. Yuri’s breath hitched.

“You came home. I thought you wouldn’t…” She bit her lip at Tiffany’s husky voice. Said girl pressed a small kiss to Yuri’s bare shoulder. “I love you, Yuri.” Yuri bit her lip harder, until she could almost taste her own blood. This was exactly what she always feared about being face to face (figuratively, this time) with Tiffany. The American girl would always have those words to say, while Yuri feared she’d end up lying, saying them back when those feelings were gone. “What’s happening to us?” Tiffany asked, hurt by Yuri’s silence. The younger girl turned around and wrapped her arms around Tiffany. The American girl, fed by the gesture, tightened her arms around Yuri and buried her face in her chest, crying. Yuri immediately felt uncomfortable; she was only wearing her underwear, while Tiffany had her nightgown on. It was strange; before, they couldn’t wait until they got each other’s clothes off. Tiffany took a hold of Yuri’s face in her hand, and almost violently, she kissed the younger girl. Yuri, impulsively, kissed back. Once she realized what she was doing, she stopped and pulled away. But as she looked at Tiffany’s slightly darkened eyes, she realized she couldn’t resist her. She never could.

“Just for tonight, arasso?” Tiffany asked as she the side of Yuri’s face, as delicately as if she was touching a fragile porcelain doll. Yuri’s eyes fluttered close.

“Arasso.” She whispered, before Tiffany smiled lightly and claimed her lips again. It definitely wasn’t like the innocent kisses they shared as youngsters; these held much more emotion and hurt than they could ever thought they’d put in a kiss. For Tiffany, it was like trying to hold on to the last speck hope that things with Yuri would be the same ever again, while for Yuri it was clear; this was goodbye. The younger girl soon took control and climbed on top of Tiffany, hovering over her. She stared deep into Tiffany’s eyes, which were screaming ‘I love you’. She lowered herself and let her body rest on top of Tiffany’s, sandwiching her against the mattress. The heat of their bodies was slowly escalating. When Yuri’s lips moved down to the redhead’s neck, Tiffany tilted her head slightly so that was right next to Yuri’s ear. She could feel Yuri’s hands reaching her chest, making her moans a little more audible, as she held onto her for dear life. She didn’t know how she had missed Yuri’s skin until she ran her hands over her spine and shoulder blades. When she felt she could trust her voice, she braced herself to pour her heart out.

“I know you’ve been cheating on me, Yuri. I’m not stupid.” She whispered in between ragged breaths. Yuri’s eyes opened wide. She was amazed by how much of a masochist Tiffany seemed to be. How come she would stay with a cheater? She thought Tiffany’s hopes on her remained on her belief that Yuri was at least being faithful to her.

“I don’t know why you’re still with me, Fany. You deserve better.” Yuri said as she pulled her lips away from Tiffany’s collarbone and her hands paused their work. She looked deep into Tiffany’s glazed eyes once again.

“I love you, Yuri. I can’t help it.” Yuri averted her eyes at Tiffany’s words. The American girl, understanding her beloved’s silence, brought her hand to Yuri’s cheek, making her look into her eyes. “Remember it’s just for tonight.” Yuri nodded before lowering herself onto Tiffany’s body, taking her face in her hands and kissing her hard. If this was goodbye, it’d better be a good one.

The bright morning light brushed against her face. Her eyes slowly fluttered open, as she woke up from another dreamless sleep. As she stirred, she noticed she was , instantly remembering about the night before. As she turned to look at Tiffany, she found her, with a contented face, sound asleep. Yuri carefully stood up from the bed, covering Tiffany’s bare body with the blanket. Soundlessly, she put on some clothes, and went to get the biggest suitcase she owned. She went to their big closet. She chuckled; most of the things in there were Tiffany’s, not hers. She opened her suitcase and threw her things in, careful to not make a sound. It was around the time she’d usually wake up and go jogging, so if Tiffany woke up, she wouldn’t be surprised to not find Yuri next to her. Once her side of the closed was completely clear, she inhaled sharply. The idea of leaving finally seemed real, because it was. She shrugged all feeling off; her goal was to be numb all through this, but then again, how can you be numb when you’re leaving the person you’ve been with for almost five years?

As she went down the stairs with her suitcase ready, she decided to make up for all the mornings that Tiffany had to wake up on her own. She started making breakfast for the both of them. She couldn’t help the few tears that escaped her eyes at the thought of this being the last time she’d do that for Tiffany. She was almost done when she heard footsteps approaching her. She turned to look at Tiffany, who gave her a bright eye-smile. Yuri’s heart churned.

“Good morning, sunshine.” She said in English, making Yuri chuckle slightly. The younger girl didn’t trust her voice, knowing all that would come out would be a sob, so she just acknowledged Tiffany with a nod. The American girl sat down as Yuri started to serve. She didn’t know if she could take Yuri’s silence as a good or a bad thing. She had failed to notice the suitcase right next to the front door. Yuri and she sat down in silence as they ate. Tiffany kept stealing glances at the other girl, now convinced that there was something wrong. She took Yuri’s hand over the table. “Is something the matter?” Yuri finally looked up to her, and Tiffany could see the traces of tears on her cheeks.

“Tiffany… I’m leaving today.” The American girl widened her eyes. Yuri’s heart thumped on her ribcage.

“You… you’re what? Where are you going?” Tiffany asked as calmly as she could. Yuri pulled her hand away from her grasp.

“Anywhere… I can’t make you suffer anymore. Cry all you need to, but I can’t stay here to hold you.” Yuri said as she stood up from her seat. Tiffany stood up right after, going to her and taking her hand in a firm grasp.

“Why are you leaving me, Yuri? I told you I love you!” Tiffany exclaimed, trying to talk some sense into Yuri.

“I’m cheating on you, Tiffany… You said it yourself last night… You know that something’s been missing for some time now… I think we’re better off without each other.” Yuri whispered, the tears in her eyes falling freely now, as she turned around to leave again. This time, Tiffany stuck to her like glue. She wrapped her arms around Yuri’s waist in a back hug, burying her face into her shoulder.

“Don’t leave me, Yuri, we can work this out together.” The American girl whispered desperately, her tears wetting the back of Yuri’s shirt.

“You’ll be okay, Fany. I don’t deserve you, I’m sure you can find someone who does.” The younger girl answered as she turned around, cupping Tiffany’s face in her hands. “I’m so sorry, Tiffany, but staying here… It’s just the wrong thing to do.” She whispered, before kissing Tiffany’s forehead. Yuri turned around and, without another word, left the house with her suitcase. At least now, she knew she was finally doing things right.

So… ta-dah! Here’s my promised one-shot. In case you’re wondering who Yuri was having an affair with, I’ll leave it to your imagination ^^ Thank you all for reading, comments are extremely appreciated! :)