It's Time

Born From A Rose

Taemin laid on his bed, tapping his fingers against the mattress as he watched the hand of the clock move slowly.

 


"Can't time move faster?" he flipped over and buried his face into his pillow. He groaned and kicked his feet, suddenly stopping as the clock ticked, signaling a new hour: midnight. Taemin shot up, a wide grin  painted across his face. "It's my birthday." he whispered. He sat up and swung his feet just above the floor. "Should I?" he cocked his head to the side, glaring at his closet. "I'm sixteen now..." he pouted and pushed himself to the floor, silently shuffling to the closet. "Happy birthday Taemin." he slowly reached out and pulled the closet door open. He stepped up onto a small crate and stretched his arms all the way to the back of the closet. He smiled as he felt the wooden box on the shelf, just where he had left it. He stumbled out of the closet and onto the floor. "Can I open it now mama?" he looked up at his ceiling. "I'm opening!" he slowly ran his fingers over the dusty garnished wood. He on his bottom lip as he carefully opened the lid, leaning his head forward to see what was inside. "A bottle?" he reached in and held a small glass bottle. "There's nothing in it..." he squinted his eyes and shook the bottle. His eyes widened as he heard quiet clinks of something hitting the glass from the inside. "But I don't see anything!" he looked back down at the box and found a small slip of paper. "Inside this bottle are magic seeds." Taemin began to laugh. "Once planted, their magic will grant any one wish you desire." Taemin drew his attention back to the bottle. "Invisible magic seeds?" He fell back in laughter. "That's great." he held the bottle up and shook it, listening to the soft pattering sound. "Why not." he sat back up and started for the door. "Minho..." he swung back around and gazed out his window into the forest. "It won't take long..." he pushed open the window and felt the cool evening breeze. He quietly sat on the window sill and jumped down, landing silently on the roof over the kitchen. He stood still for a moment, listening for any movement. Once he was sure his brother wasn't around he leaped off the roof and darted off into the woods.