Chapter 8

Happy Endings

.08


Excerpt from the previous chapter:

I could feel him smirk. “You like that, Minnie?” his hands were sliding inside her baby tee.

He continued to nibble my lips until, 





*crash!





Bang*




“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH” Sunmi’s high shrill was heard. 




We both stopped for a second and stared at each other’s eyes. It took a minimum of 1 minute for us to realize what was happening, so without saying anything Jiyong and I dashed outside the room downstairs to the kitchen where the noise came from. 

Sunye’s P0V

My heart was beating violently, so viciously that it feels like bursting out in front of me anytime at this moment. I scrambled down the stairs but because of the fretfulness I was feeling; I made an imprudent mistake of missing one step of the stairs. 

Sh.it.

I mentally prepared myself to hit the floor when a hand, as swift as the wind, caught me off guard. I looked up and saw HIM.

Oh, I almost forgot. 



Jiyong’s with me. 

His arm draped around my waist, our faces inches apart. 

“Be careful” his husky voice sent shivers on me.

That’s where my defense broke down and my eyes started brim with tears. The fear of what might to Sunmi coupled for the alarm for my current situation which were gnawing inside me shattered the wall I’ve been casting for months, paving the way for yet another memory of the past that I’ve tried so hard to disregard,

Flashback~

My feet were beginning to get numb but I continued running. I was late.! 

Super Late.

I did not dare look at my watch fearing that one stolen glance would interrupt me form trotting up the stairs.


It would be alright if our first class was homeroom, but unfortunately it’s not.


It’s Physics.


Dar.n Physics,! Professor Jung, our physics teacher is not just an ordinary terror teacher but a real MONSTER TEACHER. -_-



He doesn’t allow any forms of insolence from the students. 
He gives quizzes with topics that we never discussed yet, so I had to practically browse my Physics book every night to review some unfamiliar topics he might give, especially he likes to give Surprise Quizzes all the time.

When he thought that one student disagrees in his faulty opinion, he will make the student stand and let him or her explain in front their point of view but nevertheless ridicule the student and his or her belief.

He hates people who he thinks do not deserve to go to school because they are not as clever as him. I still remember what he said to us, 

'Almost half of the student population in this preposterous institution does not deserve even the least possible amount to be studying here. Their empty brains are so hollow that it cannot stand a chance to be educated by the same brainless teachers whose deliberations appear to be unrefined and irrational. In other words, this school is far beneath my standards because everyone just seems to be DUMB’

I still recall how my patience snapped at that time. Who does this ugly teacher thinks he is?  Is he the incarnate of the God of Intelligence that he keeps on boasting his astuteness to us? Pssh,,, Such a feeler.

But regrettably, I don’t have sufficient time to contemplate on this matter since I’m still scuttling along the corridors towards my class room.



Gosh, I’M IN A DEEP SH.IT.


Did I ever tell you that HE DETESTS LATE COMERS?



I turned around a corner when something slippery caught my foot. 



Oh NO!!!



I’m gonna fall!


I closed my eyes waiting for the inevitable impact when I felt a strong arm wrapping itself around my waist.



I opened my eyes and saw HIM. 



Kwon Ji Yong.



The campus’ BIGGEST (100x) PLAYER.


“Be careful,” his husky voice rung through my ears.

And that’s where it all started. 

End of flashback~


“Sunye-ah, why are you crying?” he asked me softly. I was still cradled in his arm. He looked at me gently; his eyes were drenched of emotions I know nothing of. 

I harshly shoved him aside. ”Get off me”

I ran towards the kitchen and by opening door, I saw one of the enormous shocks in my life. 

;










;








;


The place looked like HELL.















;








;


The kitchen window was smashed into pieces and the kitchen itself was doused with dried leaves. 

 

The whole area was in a mess. A TOTAL MESS, I say. 

Chairs hunched down.


Tables up turned,


Kitchen utensils thrown everywhere,



And dead moths sprawled the sink. 


Then something caught my eyes,

Daseung was at the far end, clutching his right arm which was profusely bleeding. 
O.O

“What the HELL HAPPENED HERE?” I almost yelled. 

Daesung just winced and tried to move but was halted when he noticed that his left leg was hurt. Jiyong went to his side and helped him moved towards me.

Panic struck through me. Sunmi!?

WHERE IS SUNMI!?

“Where is Sunmi?” I asked hysterically. He did not respond. I shook his shoulders hardly. “Where is Sunmi?!???” 

“Where is she? Damn it! Speak up Daesung. If something happens to Sunmi, you won’t get a chance to see the next sunrise! I swear” 

I shook him harder this time but he just grimaced more. 

“Sunye stop it!” Jiyong interposed, prying my hands off Daesung. “Can’t you see his lips are busted? How the hell can he talk, huh?” 

I glared at them.

“N-noona, don’t worry, Sunmi’s safe. She’s with me” A faint voice called me from behind. 

I turned around to see Seungri carrying Sunmi in a bridal style. She was motionless. 

“Oh my God, Sunmi. What happened to her?” I asked softly, looking at Seungri’s battered face. His lips sported a wound and there were cuts on his neck (He’s wearing a loose t-shirt). His arms were also bruised but he still managed to cleave to Sunmi.


“She fainted.” He replied.



“Then what happened here?” I asked. He cleared his throat first and glanced at Jiyong uneasily. 


“Some uh. Some robbers tried to – to break in.” I can sense the hesitation in his voice.


“Tell me the truth.” It was apparent that they were hiding something. Seungri has been avoiding eye contact with me, one indication of a hidden truth.


“N-noona. That’s the truth. Robbers came-



“Do you think you can fool me?” Something’s wrong and I can feel it. Sense its proximity but oblivious of its existence. 



“Sunye-ah, I think we should let them rest first. Take Sunmi upstairs and I’ll just fix the-



“Who are you to order me around?” I snapped at Jiyong,



“I am not ordering you around” Jiyong answered back, his voice louder this time. “I am just suggesting if you co-“



“I suggest you shut up! I do not give a damn about your suggestions because I didn’t ask for any of it!”



“MIN SUN YE. GO UPSTAIRS NOW” Jiyong’s words were like daggers that pierced through me. He may have said it calmly but the emotions entrenched there were dark and heavy. This was the voice he used to me when I discovered for the first time that he was part of a gang. 




The memories of my fateful discovery of his inclusion to such undertaking were vague but the type of tone he used to let me follow his orders left an imprint in my mind.

~
“You’re way dull and uncool for a gang leader’s girl. That’s why I’m dumping you.”
~
Those were the same words he told me when I asked him for a second chance subsequent to the break-up he stated the day before. 



G-dragon.



I admit that the moment I heard his voice I was scared. Nonetheless, I held back my composure. Sunye. Who is he to instruct you with commands which are highly against your will? Are you going to adhere to his bids? 



N0. I am not a fuc.ken dog to follow his commands. 

Now, I’m angry. 



“G-DRAGON. YOU ARE NOT THE BOSS OF ME. BEAR IN MIND THAT YOU ARE NOTHING BUT AN UNWANTED GUEST HERE IN OUR HOUSE AND YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TELL ME WHATAM I SUPPOSE TO DO.”


“Sunye-ah” his voice became gentler, softer and full of concern. “I didn’t mean it that way I j-


I turned my back on him and wed towards the counter filled with dried leaves. “You’re nothing but a mere stranger, G-dragon”


Jiyong’s P0V



“You’re nothing but a mere stranger, G-dragon” 


It struck me severely. 


Bulls eye Sunye. You hit me to right into my heart.


Congratulations.


Dam.n you, Donghae. 

When Seungri looked at me a while ago, realization started to disperse throughmy mind,.





Skulls. 






This is their doing. 





I am not frightened. Why would I be? I am BIG BANG’S great leader, KWON Ji Yong.


Is there a reason for me to be frightened of them? There are just a gang of LOSERS, anyway. 


Oh,


-_-



There’s one thing, 











That 









I fear the most,























If ever









Sunye would find out the reason of our disappearance before.






The reason why we left them,









No.









She can’t. SHE MUST NOT KNOW IT.














Knowing it would cost her life. 









And if there’s one thing in this world that I care so much above anything, even my life,









That would be her.














MIN SUN YE.













“What’s this?” My thoughts were interrupted by Sunye’s inquisitive question.











She picked something from the floor.











I hastily moved closer towards her but maintained a good distance.


 


She turned to me distrustfully.












“Skulls?”













Sh.it


This ain’t happening.