Interlude to Breaking

Forever and A Day

Myungsoo barged inside the apparently closed café fuming. He thought that today would turn out fine – after all, earlier he met someone that finally caught his attention – but he was so wrong with his assumption.

Finishing another lapse of his jog and stopping by a café for his breakfast, he went to his penthouse to freshen up himself. The company granted him a day-off after winning the marathon yesterday. He was enjoying his precious shower when he heard some crashing inside his living room. Startled, he abruptly finished his shower to check the source of the sound. If not mistaken, only one person knew of his current passcode and that would be his manager. But he still needs to be cautious, sasaengs and anti-fans are really out-of-hand these days. Wearing a black wife beater and black sweatpants, he cautiously sauntered towards his living only to find out that his manager has somehow entangled himself with his cellphone charger that was hanging on his coffee table, ending up with a broken vase on the floor.

Myungsoo eyebrows scrunched as he surveyed the havoc his manager cause. He wondered on why he hired this man to be his manager again. If only his cousin didn’t persuade him to take Jang Dongwoo as his manager then maybe he could have a not-so-hyper and overly happy manager by his side. But well, he has taken a liking with this hyung and he is really helpful to be around. And of course, this is the only man that did not resign on him after a day or two.

He carefully untangled the cord from the man and after cleaning the broken vase – he did not trust his manager to clean it since the disaster will only doubled – he slumped down his black couch while massaging his head to get rid of an upcoming headache.

“L, I brought you some breakfast.” Dongwoo stated with a laugh as he bashfully scratch his nape.

“What brought you here this early, hyung?” Myungsoo answered as he closed his eyes.

“Boss wants to see you.”

“And here I thought that I am supposed to have a day-off.” Myungsoo grumbled.

“He said that it is about Nam’s new movie.” Dongwoo murmured. Despite of having tolerance on Myungsoo’s explosive temper, he is still scared of this man. Lately, Dongwoo has been the receiving end of Myungsoo’s temper and he’s close to hiding in his own apartment just to avoid the wrath of this young artist. If only he had not promised his best friend that he will look after his younger cousin.

“Say that again, hyung?”  Dongwoo swallowed the lump on his throat, unable to reply.  Nam Woohyun is a sensitive topic to the younger and just stating his name causes all hell to break loose for Myungsoo.

Myungsoo stood up from the couch and marched slowly towards his manager. Dongwoo scampered to sit on the couch, feeling the strength of his legs going away with Myungsoo. He whimpered when the younger slam the door. Right now, he was really thinking hard on quitting. Damn that promise to his best friend. The poor manager was near on pulling all his hair out when the grumpy artist emerged from his room, again all clad in black.

The ride to the company was agonizingly and excruciatingly quiet and scary to Dongwoo’s opinion. Myungsoo was usually quiet but this kind of quiet was new to the manager. To say that Myungsoo was angry would be an understatement since Dongwoo could literally feel the steam that was going out the younger’s ears.

When they arrived at the building, Myungsoo did not wait for the manager and immediately marched towards the office of their boss, not even greeting the staffs and the other artists that he met on his way.

-0-0-0-

Dongwoo stood at the corner of his boss’s office, almost camouflaging with the wall. He was cowering with fear as he watched the intense argument that was happening between the company’s president and the younger artist.

“Are you trying to tell me something, L?” Leeteuk said, his smile already wiped off from his face.

“Yes. I have everything to say.” L shouted, not missing a beat. “I know Nam is your cousin, but I worked hard for this company. I bring fame to this label. So tell me why? Why, in heaven’s sake, is Nam’s going to have a new movie?”

“I’m not doing this because he is my cousin Kim Myungsoo. The reports and ratings reflected everything. The director wants him Kim, not you. If only, you read the reports and ratings that we give you then we can do something with your career.”

“ you and those reports.” Myungsoo cursed, not minding that he was talking to his boss. He was agitated. All his life, he wanted to be acknowledged for something that’s why he opted to be an artist. And now, he felt that he was overshadowed again and the worst thing is, it was the lover of his older brother.

“L…” Dongwoo decided to intervene but the glare that the younger was sending him makes him quiet again.

“Shut up, hyung.”

“Just think about it L. Maybe it can give your career a boost.”

“I don’t need any boost! I don’t need his movie!” Myungsoo stated, putting stress with every words. “And you know what’s funny; you are asking me to be his supporting actor, huh? Are you ting me, Mr. CEO?” He ended with a huff.

“You should take a break, L.” Leeteuk said with resignation as he slumped on his chair. “Cool your head off before saying anything else.”

Myungsoo was shocked with the CEO’s decision. He gave the older man a challenging glare.

“Fine, I’ll take a break.” With that said, Myungsoo angrily stumped outside the office to his car, leaving a traumatized Dongwoo and a frustrated Leeteuk.

-0-0-0-

That brought Myungsoo barging to where he was right now, “LUMINous”, a café located in the opposite direction of his penthouse. The dainty café with a very “dainty” name was owned by his cousin, Kim Minseok and his deer of a boyfriend, Xi Luhan.

 


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THIS STORY!

After exactly 1 year (last update was May 04, 2013, 20:00:09), I have posted the next chapter for this story. 

See, I did not abandon this fic *it just eluded my mind* *bricked myself*. 

Well, I finally graduated from my bachelor's degree last March and I'm just taking some short break before I started writing again.

So, different characters were introduced, Jang Dongwoo - Myungsoo's "poor" manager; Kim Minseok - Myungsoo's cousin and Luhan - Minseok's boyfriend. Minseok and Luhan will play vital role in this story and they will be properly introduced next chapter.

Additional characters will also be introduced in the next chapter. So stay tuned.

Comment and subscribe.

Thank you.

-Rhay