The Truth

To Be, Or Not To Be

 

Taemin’s P.O.V(Yay, Taemin’s first pov)

“Taemin-ah! Hurry up! I made your breakfast!”

I walked out into the kitchen to find Key washing the few pans and forks he had just used. Many extravagant dishes were displayed on the table.

“Wow, Key-hyung, how are we going to finish all of this? It’s only the two of us.” My mouth began to water as my stomach growled. Key hadn’t heard what I said. He’s probably daydreaming.

I heard Key chuckle a little to himself over at the sink as I walked up to the refrigerator to get a beverage.

I took my seat first as Key finished washing the dishes.

“Why didn’t you wait until after we ate? Now you’re going to have to wash the dishes twice.”

“Huh? Oh yea, why did I do that? I guess I wasn’t really thinking.” I looked at Key in confusion as we ate.

I saw him smile again. “Key-hyung, are you okay?”

“Hmm? Yea…”

“Is it Jonghyun-hyung?”

He didn’t reply but just giggled a little.

“I saw you two yesterday. You really like him?”

He still didn’t replay but giggled again shaking his head.

I saw you two. I saw how you rested your arm on his shoulder while you sat on the couch yesterday. I saw how he had his hand on your thigh. I saw how touchy you were and how flirty you acted. I saw those passionate gazes and those loving smiles you made with each other. I saw how you drank together and how you drank from the same bottle at times. I saw how he closed his eyes and rested his head on your shoulders when we watched that movie.

“Key-hyung…”

“Yea?...Yea, Taemin, you know I like him.” I saw Key-hyung blush. I haven’t seen that in a really long time.

“I saw how you guys interacted yesterday. I think Jonghyun-hyung might feel the same way.”

“Really? You think so?”

“Yea. Have you thought about telling him?”

“No… I’m not too sure about that. I don’t want to start anything I’m not ready for yet.”

“But you are. I like seeing you happy with Jonghyun-hyung. It makes me less worried about you hyung. You seem more vibrant around him. And he’s really nice. He bought you that phone, he took you shopping so many times, and you told me about that café…”

“I guess he does see something in me…” Key agreed with me.

“Maybe you should tell him hyung. If he doesn’t feel the same way yet, I don't think it'll be hard to get him to fall for you.”

I myself am straight but I’m very supportive of Key-hyung being gay. He’s like family to me. He's been taking care of me for a long time now. As long as Key is happy, I am as well. And I like Jonghyun-hyung. I’ve actually talked to him and his friends unlike Key-hyung’s past boyfriends.

“Key-hyung, if you really like Jonghyun-hyung, you should tell him. He’s a really nice guy and I think it’d be great if you really trust in your feelings and tell him the truth.”

Key placed his hand atop mine. “I’ll think about it.” He smiled. “Well hurry up and finish your breakfast. I have to go to work later.”

 

Jonghyun’s P.O.V

The alarm sound from my phone startled me awake and I turned over to dismiss it. I gave my arms a long stretch and turned back over in bed. Sekyung had already gotten up. I rubbed my face and hair to wake myself up. I trudged over to the restroom to tidy myself up for breakfast and work later. I smiled as I brushed my teeth, reminiscing the time I spent with Key yesterday. We didn’t get drunk but I felt much better having those drinks yesterday. I was able to loosen up and have a good time away from the stress Sekyung has been putting on me recently.

 

I walked out into the kitchen dressed up ready for work. Minho and Onew came out of their rooms at the same time. We all went in to kitchen to get our breakfast. Sekyung only made a few omelets and some soup. Minho and Onew grabbed their shares and went to the living room to eat while watching TV.

Sekyung sat down at the breakfast table so I joined her.

“Here, have some soup.” She picked up my empty bowl and scooped in some hot soup.

I ate slowly and almost unwillingly but didn’t show it in my expressions. Sekyung said she was trying to learn how to cook more foods. I was almost done with my rice.

“Jonghyun-ah…”

“Hmm?” I looked up with my mouth full but closed.

“I have something to tell you.”

“mmm..” I didn’t want to open my mouth before I swallowed.

“You know I don’t really like your gay friend, so can you stop going out at nights with him?”

I coughed a little as I forcefully swallowed the rest of the food down my throat. “What?”

“It’s not that I’m trying to be mean or telling you who you can be friends with or not but I’ve seen Key. And I’ve confronted him. He definitely likes guys and likes you so…”

“Wait, you talked to him? When?” I suddenly remember that story Key was talking about, about that ‘crazy lady’ who confronted him about her husband.

. We were all talking about me.

“Yesterday on my way to the store. I bumped into him outside. I told him to back off. I didn’t get a chance to tell him I was talking about you but…”

I raised my voice in frustration.

“Why did you do that?! Sekyung. How many times do I have to tell you? Now he’s going to have a huge misunderstanding!”

Minho and Onew got surprised from out in the living room. I could hear the TV volume being lowered.

“Well I know it was him you are constantly texting and calling. Whenever you say I’m going out, you always end up going with him. And those days you went shopping, you don’t even have everything your receipt says. The money in your bank account is decreasing as well.”

I was just shocked at how closely she’s followed me.

“So? What does that have to do with anything?! He’s just a friend!”

“Ummm… That’s not how he sees it. Jonghyun, he’s gay. He likes guys. Can you not see it?!”

“Wow. You’re just so judgemental. He told me about you yesterday. He even thought you were crazy for confronting him like that.”

“So he was the one you were drinking with last night.”

“So what?! Minho and Onew were there too! You went out last night and stayed later than I did. Do I have any questions about your trip?”

“Well my friends are normal. One of them is married and has a kid. The other has a boyfriend. I saw Key flirting with Minho, and I saw him with his blonde boyfriend. He had a few fading hickies on his neck.”

“Normal? So straight is normal and gay isn’t? He doesn’t have a boyfriend. And you don’t even know what happened to him.”

“Jonghyun, you really love sticking up for him don’t you? I’m your fiancé here. You should be accompanying me.”

“Forget it Sekyung. I’m going to work.” She was really pissing me off. I just got up and grabbed my work binder off the counter and walked out the door. I slammed the door hard but on the way down, I heard the door open and close. She better not be following me.

“Yah! Jonghyun.” It was Onew. I didn’t turn around and kept my fast pace walking towards my car. I heard his footsteps catching up with me from behind but I ignored it and climbed into my car. I slammed this door too. As soon as I sat down, Onew got into the passenger side.

“Hyung, I’m going to work.”

“Were you guys arguing about Key?”

“It was nothing. Go inside, I’m going to work.”

“Yah, I’m your hyung here.”

I didn’t reply but sat there in a short moment of silence. Only the car engine and air conditioning broke the silence.

“Jonghyun-ah, you know Key is gay right? Minho and I have had suspicions for a while now that he desires more than a friendship with you.”

I tried calming down to have a more mature conversation with the more understanding Onew. So they think the same as Sekyung.

“No, I wouldn’t say that…”

“You can’t deny it Kim Jonghyun. He has some feelings for you and if you know that, you shouldn’t lead him on. Does he even know you’re getting married?”

“No I don’t think so.”

“Well have you ever told him?”

“No.”

“Well then you have to. Things are turning out bad. Sekyung knows about Key and you guys are fighting because of that. You guys are going to get married soon but you are already having fights like an old couple. You have to learn to contain your temper.”

“It’s just that she’s so absurd. How can she say those things. And the ‘crazy lady’ Key was talking about yesterday was her. And all of you guys were making fun of the husband. The husband was me.”

I was just really frustrated. I shifted the gear into reverse ready to back out as soon as Onew gets out of the car.

“Jonghyun, aren’t you going somewhere with Key tomorrow? Tell him the truth. You have to stop leading him on.”

I sat there for a while trying to swallow his words. For some reason, I felt hesitant about telling Key. I didn’t want to tell him.

“Tell him that I’m getting married?”

“Yea… Both Minho and I really believe that he likes you. How you acted with him yesterday made it seem like you like him too.”

Maybe because I do…Maybe…

“Jonghyun, just go to work, but think about it. You can’t keep doing this to him.”

Onew slowly made his way out of my car.

I have to tell Key I’m getting married? How will he react? Why does everyone keep saying that Key likes me? He doesn’t really like me like that so it shouldn’t matter right? It’s nothing big, he’ll be happy for me. Why should I be worried or hesitant? That’s right. I’ll tell him tomorrow to clear things up. No more misunderstandings.

 

 

 

 

----------------

 

 

 

OMG! Lol thank you all for reading<333

80+ Subscribers?!??!?!?!? *cries* Thank you. I’ve never felt so accomplished in lifeXD

 

Shawols please don't forget to watch Why So Serious? We MUST increase the views!

 

 

Thank you again<33