Chapter 1

It's True

 

Loren Garrett sighed and rested her head on her hand as her elbow rested on the arm of her seat on the airplane. She felt someone elbow her arm. Looking up, she saw her friend and band-mate Phoebe Myers (otherwise known by her nickname Alex) looking at her. Loren removed the earbuds from her ears and looked at her.

“What’s wrong?” Alex asked.

“I am sick of being on this damn plane.” Loren said. They were on a flight to Seoul, Korea to meet up with the Koren label YG since the girls (Loren, Alex, and their other bandmates Cassie and Nicole Ziegers, and Janelle Lee.) were going to tour and collaborate with one of YG’s acts. Along with YG agreeing to produce and release their album in Korea, making them the first non-Korean act YG has signed to their label.

“We’ll be in Seoul in half an hour, Lo.” Alex said.

“After like a 13 hour flight, that is still a long time to wait.” Loren groaned.

“We’re flying on a private jet that we are able to use thanks to YG, you should be happier than this.” Nicole said, who was sitting in front of her. Their seats were facing each other with a table in the middle. Loren looked at her.

“Shut up, Nikki.” Loren said crossing her arms across her chest. “I am happy.”

“Liar.” Nikki’s sister and the oldest member Cassie said not looking away from her laptop.

“What is this? Gang up on Loren day?” Loren asked glaring at Nikki and Cassie.

“Yes.” She heard from behind her and felt a flick to the back of her head. Looking behind her, she saw their youngest member, Janelle standing behind her with a smirk on her face.

“Y’all are rude.” Loren said with a pout and then crossed her arms across her chest.

“I thought you were sitting with Matt and company?” Nikki asked looking at Janelle. Matt being their manager.

“They’re all talking business and stuff and it’s boring me to death.” Janelle groaned. “I just want to get to Seoul and sleep on a nice hotel bed.”

“Unfortunately, that’s not gonna happen right away.” Cassie said. “We’re going straight to the YG headquarters after we check in.” Both Nikki and Janelle groaned.

“This blows.” Janelle said.

“Oh you get on me about groaning and not them? Jerks.” Loren said.

“Shut up, Loren.” Alex said punching her arm.

“Will y’all stop picking on me!?” Loren said.

“No.” She felt another flick to the back of her head. She was about to punch Janelle for doing it again but instead she saw the head of their security team and head body guard Steve standing next to her.

“Like I said earlier… y’all are rude!” Loren said.

“You’re y when you’re tired.” Cassie said looking at Loren, who stuck her tongue out as a response to Cassie. Cassie did the same thing back and went back to looking at the screen.

“Janelle, you need to sit back down.” Steve said.

“Do I have to?” Janelle groaned and then did her best puppy dog pout.

“Yes, c’mon.” Steve said not falling for the pout.

“Bye girls. I’m going to go die from boredom. Have fun in Seoul without me.” Janelle pouted and walked back to her seat with Steve behind her. The girls were like daughters to him, so he usually did anything for them… usually being the key word.

“So, do you know who we’re going to collaborate with?” Nikki asked.

“No dang clue.” Cassie said still looking at her laptop.

“Damn…” Nikki said and then looked at the screen of Cassie’s laptop. “What are you watching?”

“Videos of other YG acts to see who may work with.” Cassie said.

“Yeah there’s a chance we’ll work with Se7en, Gummy, Psy, Tablo, Big Bang, 2NE1, and a possibility of working with Jinusean at one point too.” Loren said as she nonchalantly named off all of those artists as she looked at her iPod. “Teddy also.” Nikki and Cassie looked at her with wide eyes. Feeling the eyes of them on her, she looked up from her iPod. “What?”

“How’d you know all of those names?” Nikki asked.

“Um… hello? Who’s are the KPOP fans here?” Alex asked. By here, she meant between the four of them cause Janelle was also a KPOP fan along with Loren and Alex.

“…oh yeah. But I didn’t think she knew that much about YG.” Nikki said.

“I don’t know that much, Nikki. It just happens that the YG family is my bias label.” Loren said.

“Bias?” Cassie asked.

“It means it’s her favorite. It’s KPOP lingo.” Alex said. There was an announcement over the PA system saying they were going to land soon and all electronic devices should be turned off.

“FINALLY!” Loren exclaimed only to get punched in the arm by Alex again. “Will you stop that?!”

~~~

“So who are we meeting today?” Daesung asked.

“Do you ever listen to us?” G Dragon aka Jiyong asked looking at Daesung.

“Yes. I just can’t remember who you said we were meeting.” Daesung said rubbing the back of his neck.

“We’re meeting the new group YG signed from America.” Seunghyun aka TOP said not looking up from the magazine he was looking through.

“Are they guys or girls?” Seungri asked.

“You would ask that, maknae.” Youngbae aka Taeyang said as he walked into the office with a water bottle in his hand.

“What? It’s a legitimate question!” Seungri said.

“You only want to know so that if they are girls, you can get ready to hit on them.” Jiyong said.

“That’s…not true.” Seungri said.

“It so is. So don’t even try to deny it.” Daesung said.

“No one asked you, hyung.” Seungri said.

“Ya! Don’t be rude.” Daesung said throwing his empty water bottle across the table at him. Seungri moved so it instead hit the window.

“Ha! You missed!” Seungri smirked. Daesung went to grab the water Jiyong had but instead he got hit on the top of his head with it by him.

“Both of you knock it off.” Jiyong said looking back and forth at the maknaes of the group. “We don’t need you two to do something stupid before the president gets here.”

“Fine.” Both Seungri and Daesung sighed. Jiyong smiled, happy that they actually listened to him for once.

--------

AN: Hey everyone! Here's the first installment of this! I have this posted on my tumblr (xwildandyoung) as well, but I decided to share this with the people who aren't on Tumblr! Feedback will always be lovely!