The Task and the Target

Dark Side

 

First Chapter! I have no idea how long this fic will be so bear with me! And I can't update that often like other authors as I'll be buried under a huge moutain stack of homework. italics are notes.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hyunmi went out of her house and headed towards the opposite direction of her friend’s, Minah, house. She told her mom she was heading towards Minah’s house and she knew that Minah would lie for her if her mom ever called there to find her. Where she was going is dangerous and is a horrid place. People tend to avoid it if they can and only a handful of people had actually stepped in. Hyunmi threw her hoodie up and ran to the stone building at the outskirts of the town. As she approached a cross junction, her work friend Jongdae appeared and ran beside her.

“Running a little late aren’t you? Not as early as always.” Jongdae grinned at her as they sprinted towards the building together.

“Mom” was all Hyunmi said and Jongdae smiled softly.

They entered the building quickly and bowed to the panel before sliding into their seats. No one hold a grudge against them as they are the best of the best in the association. The meeting started and Hyunmi took notes and nodded to the head of the association when she was given the task.

“Hey, I’m not in the same group as you again.” Jongdae ran up to her as they left the building.

Hyunmi nodded absentmindedly and Jongdae gave her a weird look. “Who’s your target?”

“Kim Joonmyun, youngest CEO of the largest company in Asia have ever had.”

“What? Are you serious? But he… They usually give people like him to the seniors. Woah, Hyunmi, that’s so awesome!”

“I know right? But I don’t know if I can handle the heavy workload. You know mid terms are coming.”

Jongdae flashed a smile, “Of course you’ll be able to do it. You’re the only girl in the mission team. Doesn’t that mean that you’re awesome? You’ll probably end the mission in your first attempt.”

“Thanks Jongdae. That helped a lot. Bye and sleep early okay?” Hyunmi slowed down as they reach the junction where Jongdae makes a left turn and she proceeds forward.

Jongdae waved once and Hyunmi trudge on. She enters her house through the back window and climbed into bed to get the two hours of sleeping she has.

By now, dear readers, you would have known or guessed Hyunmi’s identity. Hyunmi is an assassin or spy. She secretly does this job to maintain her family financially. It pays well (about one million for every mission) and it has the thrills that Hyunmi likes. It a secret she keeps and Minah is the only one that knows. Minah used to be one to but she fell in love with her client and ever since her client returned the feelings, she left the association. The association doesn’t keep her and had allowed her to leave; on the promise that she’ll never blurt out any secrets. Now back to Hyunmi.

Hyunmi fidgeted in her seat during math class and gave a low sigh. Minah laughed softly and pushed a piece of paper towards her. They are desk mates and are inseperatable.

Can’t wait for the night to start your mission? Tell me the mission you got this time! You seemed to be very very excited about it.

Nothing. Just he is the son of the richest businessman and the youngest CEO of the largest company in Asia.

Oh. Is his name Kim JoonMyun?

Wait. How do you know his name Minah?

He is Jongin’s closest friend and they were friends since high school.

Hyunmi looked up and looked at her best friend. Minah gave her a sad smile and scribbled some notes on her notebook.

No way. Choi Minah. You’re not kidding me right!!!!

No, I am not.

Hyunmi felt her heart break when Minah absentmindedly wiped a stray tear that fell from her eyes. Hyunmi hated it when Minah cries and now she is the cause of it, Hyunmi hates herself.

Minah, I’m so sorry.

Minah flashed a weak smile and turned away from Hyunmi. Hyunmi played with her pen as the teacher droned on.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Minah, will you ever answer me?” Hyunmi pouted as she lean on her best friend’s bed.

They are at Minah’s house as Minah’s parents are overseas and the house is empty. Hyunmi is trying to get Minah to speak up as she was dead silent and answering with only a word.

“Here you go Hyunmi. But please don’t kill him will you? I know it unfair for you but I can’t stand it if Jongin is sad again.” Minah said as she passed Hyunmi a thick stack of papers.

“I’ll try Minah. Can we go and meet them now? I want to observe him.” Hyunmi smiled gratefully as she took the papers and glanced through it.

“Sure Hyun. Let’s go. They will be at Club SM. They are always there on Fridays.” Minah cracked a lopsided smile and Hyunmi nodded before both of them grabbed their bags and left the house.

When they entered the club, Minah steered Hyunmi to the far-end of the club where twelve guys were sitting at.

“Hey guys!” Minah greeted them and slides up to a dark guy.

The other responded and a tall chestnut blonde guy looked at Hyunmi. He nodded towards her and Minah introduced Hyunmi,

“This is my best friend Hyunmi. You know the one I always talked about? Yeah that’s her. Oh yeah, where is Myun oppa? I don’t see him anywhere?”

Hyunmi glanced at her friend just as a warm voice said, “Here I am, Minah!”

Hyunmi turned and a pair of warm brown eyes stared back at her. She abruptly took a step back and a face came into view. A head of red hair appeared in her line of vision that framed a pair of brown orbs looking at her curiously.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N: This is a horrible chapter, and a pretty short one. Hope it wasn’t too confusing! :D

I'll try to update ASAP but you know... Taking a very important National exam in about a month... Hope you guys will understand!

Comments/Criticisms are welcomed! :)

 

A/N: I just popped by the change the font. It know it is hard to read with this font.