Dancing in the rain~

What did i walk into?

    You never fainted before in your life. Being unconscious was a lot like sleeping, you really hoped this was just a dream. You woke up fast at the idea that anything like aliens could exist, that would just be crazy! , but when you actually looked at your surroundings it was very much true. The ones you saw coming out of a spaceship when you were just minding your own business walking peacefully were right there in plain sight. “What the hell are you still doing here get up pabo!” you scream at yourself mentally.  Only three of them seemed to care about your presence seeing as they keep looking back in your direction. They noticed you woke up and started walking to you.  “Plan B” you think quickly of something which turns out to be playing dead. One kicked your side just hard enough to make you sit up and run a hand over it. Okay not your best plan.

“What did you see?” The one giving you the death stare asked with his arms folded.

“Nothing I swear!” You plead just wanting to go home and forget about the whole thing. He turns to talk to the one with a curly haired tall boy glued to his side about getting rid of you and even though you heard a “Himchan no” it still marked the end of your eavesdropping.

        The boy was named Zelo and he went to another hyung who was less busy to answer his questions. He approached him with curious eyes and asked about what you were, why you looked so different and what was going to happen to you. His hyung sighed and explained                                                                    “She is a female, they pair up with males and pass down their genes to their children and find love and etc. They have different appearances as you can see with your own eyes and also she is most likely American while we resemble Koreans.” Zelo nodded taking in the information.                                                                                                                  “But Youngjae what is this thing you call love?”He looked at him with eager eyes fascinated by the idea “That is a feeling that you, just like everyone else on this planet has to figure out on your own. Now go back to Yongguk and don’t think about it too much” he ruffled his hair.

        When he went back he heard you were being freed under multiple threats, they reminded you of the men in black…except they weren’t sporting black suits, but blonde hair styles.  It’ the only weird thing about them, other than that they were oddly perfect. “Zelo I want you to the intruder out and come straight back understood?” The tall kid saluted Yongguk with a “Yes sir!” and led you out of their home which happened to be nowhere near your neighborhood. It is going to take forever to get back home, you thought about asking Zelo for help, but decided you will figure it out on your own.  You looked at him before walking away, he was too cute to be a alien. “Can I come with you?” he called out desperately wanting to do so, such a curious boy. “Wouldn’t your commander guy or whatever get mad?” you didn’t want any trouble they already seemed to hate you.

“Aniyo I just have to be back for charging” He replies with a smile you can’t say no to. You gesture for him to follow you and he runs up to your side.  It was going to be a long day, your plan was to keep walking until you find a train. Zelo kept marveling at everything you passed by until one thing in particular caught his interest and he headed straight towards it like a little kid. He had latched himself onto the gate of a skate park admiring everything going on inside it.

“That’s a skate park Zelo people go there to ride their skateboards, do tricks with them and have fun.” You explain to the mesmerized kid.  

“Skate board” he test the word softly.

“You can go in if you want” you granted the wish you knew he was thinking of.

“Chincha?! Kamsahamnida!” Zelo gives you a really tight hug before going inside. You felt your heart skip a beat at the contact, what was that? It was just a hug! So why are you blushing? You decide to go get something to eat to get yourself feeling back to normal.

            After finishing your ice cream you decide to get him one too. When you got back you hear a lot of people clapping. It turns out Zelo is a natural, he has asked some guys to teach him and now he’s doing kick-flips , grinding on rails and doing tricks you haven’t even seen before. Wow….he really is something! You thought while watching him. He bowed to the guys and thanked them for everything before making his way back to you.

“That was amazing there was nothing even close to that on my home planet!” He is still feeling the rush of it all.

“What is your home planet?” you almost didn’t want to ask, but he proceeded to tell you all about it, there purpose for coming here and the bunnies.

You were speechless all you could say was “Want some ice-cream?” It was melting already.

“I can’t eat anything” he said like it was no big deal, but you felt bad you would hate to not be able to eat anything especially ice-cream. You started to eat his while waiting for the crowd of people to clear out of your path, someone had just got married and everyone was just leaving the venue. You and Zelo had a clear view of the blushing bride in her beautiful white dress and the very happy groom in his suit. You sighed at the idea of marriage that was lingering in the air after you and zelo had continued walking.

“What was that?” he asked never have learned anything about weddings.

“That was a wedding! When two people love each other very much they end up getting married like the couple we saw” you explain finally entering the train station after all this time.

        There goes the idea of love again. Zelo imagined what it would feel like to be loved, he was going to ask you, but was interrupted by you pulling him on to the train. “So is skateboarding the only talent you have discovered so far?” you ask sitting down.

He thought on the word talent “ Oh I can dance” he stated before showing off some of his moves. He was like a pro! You clapped at his mini performance “ You are amazing, now sit down before you hurt yourself” He slid in next to you making you feel short.

“I can rap too” Zelo spits a few bars effortlessly and so fast you didn’t even catch what he was saying towards the end.

“Wow” was all you said.

“Do you have any talents?” he asked listening intently .

“Um not really” you cause him a disappointed look.

“Okay maybe one, but I’ll show you later” you promise trying to cheer him up before you leaned your head back trying to rest.                                                                                                                                                                   

   Zelo watched you as you slept on the train thinking you looked so soft. He started wishing you would wake up since he had no idea what stop to get off and he had never been on a train until a few minutes ago. He tried lightly to shake you awake, but you just slapped his hands away and became comfortable on his shoulder. He slightly started to panic because you didn’t want to wake up and he had no idea how to feel about you touching him like that. “Yah! Wake up I don’t want to get lost” he breaks the moment and you get up sighing.

“We aren’t going to get lost  and if you’re this worried about getting lost how do you expect to get home?” you say while fixing your hair a little in case it got messed up during the shortest nap ever. “Homing chip” His perfect smile returns. There he goes again homing chip, can’t eat, charging? Are they all like this too?  Almost like a robot or something , but nonetheless you actually didn’t really want him to go back home at all. You were starting to love his presence and didn’t know why. Was it his perfection? Curiosity? Maybe his smile?  Whatever it was there was something and unlike in the beginning you really don’t hope it’s just dream.  You finally get to your stop and start on the long walk to your house.

       On your way thunder started to rumble and the sky had turned dark. It caused a really loud sound that you didn’t expect and scared Zelo so bad he ran into the nearest store like a kitty not wanting to get wet. He was sitting down against a wall with his hat pulled down over his bangs.

“Zelo what’s wrong you don’t like the rain?”you sat next to him trying to comfort him.

“My hyungs never let me out in the rain and the thunder……it startles me..” He trailed off.

“Why don’t they let you?” you take his hat and try it on for size.

“They think I will rust” he says with all seriousness taking his hat back.

You laugh a little “Zelo your skin is just as resistant as mine, actually yours is lighter could probably survive acid rain and thunder isn’t visible like lightning so all you have to do is..” you take your headphones and put them on him. The music was loud and you give him a thumbs up. You buy an umbrella just in case and take him by the hand and lead the way to your house.

      Zelos hand felt nice to hold you felt like you wouldn’t mind walking for miles as long as you got to hold it. He stops suddenly and takes the headphones off looking at the sky. You look up with him and felt the drops of rain starting to fall down. He held on tighter to your hand scared that his hyungs were right and that he would rust in a instant. You had to let his hand go and open the umbrella. The second you did it started raining cats and dogs and Zelo was still worried and stood frozen where he stood. “Zelo we need to keep walking now it’s okay your fine aren’t you?” you try getting through to him with no luck. Instead you try a different approach, your mother had taught you that whenever you were scared all you had to do was sing and you would feel better.  You looked up at him and started to sing

                                 “We’re just dancing on the floor –I keep falling for you

                                                 We’re just dancing in the rain

                    The moment I first saw you, Inside my heart was a hot heart beat

                               Come to me tonight we’ll stay up all night together

                          Drenched under the lights in this town town town town

                                              Coming to me is you you you you

                              Your small lips, your moist hair~ I’m falling in love …”

He listened to you singing and forgot about the rain, this was your talent. You were both smiling and having fun instead of just marching bored on the way to your house. When you finished the song you started laughing feeling sort of embarrassed since you were shy about singing in front of people and acting silly in public.

“You have a beautiful voice” Zelo compliments making you blush even more.

“ aww thank you! you’re so sweet, I don’t think it’s  anything special though” you sit on your front porch no longer wanting to go inside. 

Zelo sits next to you “I think you are very special” he smiles and you feel your heart skip a beat like when he first hugged you.

“ Ah you are the special one Zelo I’m sure everyone you’ll meet will love you  alien or robot or not” you say almost to yourself. The rain left a very clear sky with a crescent moon you choose to stare at it during the awkward silence you have created.

There it goes yet again, love. Zelo thought hard about what you said, can anyone really love him? He can’t have kids like Youngjae mentioned people paired up for, who would want to marry him? He didn’t want to look at you when he asked the question,you would probably be disgusted or laugh in his face he thought. “Do you love me?” he had to ask.

             You felt like you must have imagined it, him asking you that question. What do you say? Should you say anything at all? So many thoughts buzzed through your head, but it all came down to your feelings. You cupped his face in your hands and kissed him. Do aliens/robots have to breathe? Yout  just wanted to stay there kissing him showing him that you  loved him even if he didn’t love you back.  When you parted from him remembering the time and well air he had a funny expression on his face. You can’t believe you had done it either and now your face was burning red and your heart was racing. You stood up quick to enter your house “Good night Zelo” you called out opening your house door. Zelo reached for your hand making you turn to face him and kissed you on the cheek u before you went inside “Goodnight”. When he got home his hyungs were made specifically Yongguk. 

“ Zelo where the hell were you?! Didn’t we say come straight back?You never disobeyed me before what’s gotten into you Aish I will deal with you in the morning now go charge!”Yongguk shouted at him and shook his head  “Teenagers”.  Zelo on the other hand felt like he could fly, he passed Youngjae on the way to his room.“Hyung do people  kiss when they are in love ?” he knew it was a kiss because at least once in  Yongguks war movies there is a woman kissing a soldier goodbye. 
“Yea they sure do now go charge before you have to kiss the world goodbye” Youngjae joked amused at the only person angry still.
 “Night” Zelo told him and went to charge his last thought was the image of you smiling.