Must have been love

Moiety

 

 Must have been love

 

Kyungsoo basks in the way Jongin feels in his arms. 

Jongin is warm, his bones and blood overlayed with soft flesh and lean muscles; creating the perfect  balance between being soft enough to cuddle yet firm enough to gravitate toward when Kyungsoo can't find the strength to stand up on his own. The fact that Jongin is a few years younger than him doesn't faze Kyungsoo, instead it increases his dire need to protect and care for the indifferent seventeen year old that he took under his care. 

To Kyungsoo, Jongin makes him feel like tumbling through rows of cloud nine; landing on a roller coaster ride that he calls his emotions before finally realizing that he's nothing but a tangle of arms and limbs that's under Jongin's power, incapable of doing anything else yet delighted by the mere fact that he's Jongin's

Too bad that Kyungsoo can't be confident about how Jongin feels. 

Arm draped lazily over his bare waist, Jongin stirs. The older takes his arm off, allowing enough space for the tanned boy to sit up. His movement made the sheets turn to a heap of pattered stripes on his hips and thighs. Kyungsoo sinks deeper into the bed that they nearly wrecked last night; his dark eyes never leaving Jongin as he lazily gets out of the bed. 

Dust particles follows an invisible string in the air, Kyungsoo notices this alongside the fact that Jongin doesn't bother to look back before walking out of the door. 

"Good morning to you, too." He greets nothingness.

What a good way to start a bright Sunday morning. 

 

--------

 

Jongin has been crazy over Kyungsoo ever since day one. 

But of course, what with his poor language skills and undeniable shyness, the supposedly romantic and lyrical words that he wanted to tell Kyungsoo ends up as a jumble of syllables and series of scoffs that mutates rudeness. He's never been good with words so quoting Kyungsoo's favorite books to him is out of the question. 

Lately, he apprehends that Kyungsoo is deeply affected by the lack of response from him. 

The clang of metal as he stirs his coffee fills the silence in the kitchen. Jongin decides to do something about it. 

 

--------

 

Kim Jongin's very brilliant idea was to cook something for Kyungsoo. After all, they say that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach and Kyungsoo had never failed to warm the cockles of Jongin's heart through his cooking. 

It took him approximately two hours to get everything ready. His eyes examine the ingredients lined neatly against the countertop of Kyungsoo's kitchen. Now, Kyungsoo is comparable to a paranoid mother who doesn't let her kids go anywhere near the kitchen. Jongin knows that from experience, almost a year of living in the same house and this is his first time having the large kitchen to himself. [thank God for all the kind Luhans in the world who are stupid enough to tow Kyungsoo out in exchange for a chance to date Sehun]. Luhan had even offered his fancy apartment to use as a surprise for Kyungsoo. 

Fingers tighten the strings on his apron. Lungs take in a deep breath. Fingers are once more cracked. Neck slowly turns in a slow, rotating motion. 

Jongin is finally ready to cook Kyungsoo the best meal he has ever tasted.

 

--------

 

Kyungsoo doesn't trust Luhan. The Chinese guy's skin is too fair and smooth for it to be experienced. Kyungsoo thinks that Luhan's eyes are creepy but there are no words to describe the uneasy feeling in him when Luhan is excited. If possible, Luhan's eyes turn creepier when he's happy. 

Kyungsoo isn't one to talk, for his eyes are wider than a pair of marbles but hello, he is Do Kyungsoo. His eyes are his assets and they're not weird and girly like Luhan's. 

"I'm sure, you'd be surprised when you see what Jongin has prepared for you!" Luhan's deep voice booms and Kyungsoo can only plaster on a polite smile. 

No, it's not going to turn out well. Kyungsoo thinks, Jongin is the kind to mess up. 

 

 

--------

 

And mess up Jongin did. The first sign that alerts Kyungsoo is the way Jongin looks--dressed in a tuxedo with a huge, cheshire grin on his face. The hair on the back of Kyungsoo's neck stands up as Jongin ushers him inside Luhan's flat. 

The whole place screamed romance. 

Luhan apparently, is nowhere to be found and for once, Kyungsoo is glad. The living room of Luhan's large flat is filled with little lit candles; creating a warm and soothing aura. The curtains are parted, showing a beautiful view of Seoul's streets below. As if it isn't corny enough, there are roses scattered all over the floor and even on the clothed table placed in between two mahogany chairs. 

With each little observation that the wide-eyed man notices, the harder it is to decide to be happy or freaked out. Happy because, kim i n g Jongin made all this and freaked out because kim i n g Jongin made all this. 

"Why don't you take a seat, my love." Jongin offers and rolls his tongue; imitating a french accent. 

Kyungsoo decides to get freaked out. "Are you okay? You know, maybe you should chill it a bit with playing basketball. All those dibbles and hoops must have screwed something loose off you."

"Just sit down, Kyungsoo." Jongin drops his facade and pulls a chair out harshly; just the way he usually does. This calms the onslaught of nerves in Kyungsoo's system. Kyungsoo sits down and a silver platter is laid out in front of him, he smiles; thinking that it can't all be that bad, right? After all, everything seems to go on smoothly. 

"Uhm, before anything else. I'd like to tell you sorry and that I like you." Jongin stutters, completely unable to look at Kyungsoo in the eye. He's already shaken up as it is. "I just can't, you know, uhm. Find a good way or know how to tell you that --"

A growl from Kyungsoo's stomach interrupt Jongin's speech. If it didn't, Jongin wouldn't have noticed the shade of red his face had morphed into. "So, huh. I guess I'll just let you eat." 

Kyungsoo smiles, hands gripping the edge of his seat to keep himself from throwing his body straight into Jongin. The younger opens up the platter and Kyungsoo tries to not belch at what he sees andsmells. "Uhm, Jongin. What's that?"

"It's a spaghetti, of course." Jongin rolls his eyes, as if unable to believe Kyungsoo's naivete.

"Why is there a whole cheese in the middle?"

"The cook book says to sprinkle grated or shred cheese over the cooked pasta and sauce." Jongin defends. "I don't know what those words meant so I figured I might as well just put the cheese there, right? It's still pasta."

Kyungsoo is just about to protest and say no, thank you I'm full when he sees Jongin waiting for him expectantly. He's seen this look on Jongin enough to know that it's important and Kyungsoo thinks that it must be love because never in his life would he eat half-cooked pasta while munching on half a bar of cheese aside from this time. 

And really, it must have been love; that fleeting look he sees in Jongin's eyes as Kyungsoo fakes a large grin as he consumes the meal that Jongin prepared specifically for him. 

"So, do you like it. uhm, my love?"

Blotches of red decorate Kyungsoo's cheek and he nods sparingly at Jongin, too tongue-tied to say more. 

"Really? I never thought it was that good! I wanted to try it but I guess you might want more. Don't worry, I'll cook you this tomorrow, and the day after that and the day after that." 

Kyungsoo nearly chokes, not because of the exurberant thought that Jongin looks forward to being together in the future but because of the fact that Jongin looks forward to being together in the future, eating the 'spaghetti' he's so proud of. 

Jongin looks at him; well at least they're together and Kyungsoo is rest assured. 

Jongin grins; and Do Kyungsoo is suddenly willing to eat bucketfulls of uncooked pasta, slimy sauce and bars of cheese. 

--------