Chapter 8

Coincidental or Intentional?

“Don’t go. Please.”


Jiyun broke away from her daydream, hearing the pleading voice in front of her. It was then that she had realised, that the director had already started filming. It was finally the last scene. Their last scene together before everything wraps up.

‘One week of filming, and finally everything is ending soon, right in front of their eyes.’

 

"Y.. Yoochun...?" She stopped. She had made a mistake of looking at him in his eyes; the eyes that showed her how he felt at the moment.

Full of hurt and guilt, yet having the determination to make everything right again.

 

"Don't leave me alone again. I've missed you, so much that my entire world was crumbling down. I couldn't continue with my facade any more..." He spoke, his hug getting tighter as Jiyun tried to wriggle herself out once she recovered from the initial shock.


She turned around, reassuring herself that it will be okay to walk away. Her heart clenched up. She was afraid to utter those words. She was afraid to hurt him once again.

 

“No, no more. We can’t be together, we really can’t. I already know we aren’t supposed to love...” With an almost inaudible voice, she added, “But why....? Why do i feel this way...?”


Her lips started to quiver as she tried to hold back the tears.

‘But why is it harder for me to send him away?’

 

"Jiyun ah..." Yoochun softly spoke, turning her around to face him. "You're the woman i chose and recognise as my significant other." Taking her hands in his, he continued, "Whatever stands in our way, we will go through them together. I'm sorry i failed to do so previously, but trust me, in times to come, i'll be there to protect you. Give me a chance to prove this all alright?"

 

She took a look at him, “I love you, but i don’t have the confidence in myself, that i will be strong enough to do so...”

 

"Trust in me." Yoochun smiled warmly, bringing both their foreheads together as he indulged himself in her warmth.

But his happiness was short lived, for Jiyun had pulled them apart once more.

 

"Why?" Yoochun asked anxiously.


‘He is really living his part well...’

 

"I... may run away again, you realise that right?" She finally mumbled softly.

 

Finally understanding what Jiyun meant, Yoochun broke into a wide grin, "In that case, i'll just have to keep chasing after you. I'm never letting you go, just so you know."

 

She finally smiled and lightly beat his chest. "Yah, you're such a fool..."

 

"Who do you think made me into one? Take responsibility, will you?" He said, grinning even wider as he pulled her into his embrace.

 

"Okay..." He heard her mutter. He smiled.

 

Pulling themselves apart, Yoochun stretched out his hand in front of her. “Where’s your ring?” He asked.

Jiyun looked at him, feeling puzzled.


‘This isn’t on the script. What is he thinking of? Hasn’t the ring scenes been brought forward to the picnic scenes?’

She instantly felt relieved that she had worn the ring on set. The one that Yoochun had went back to the company to exchange for a smaller size with. Reaching to the back of her neck, she unclasped the hinge on the necklace before pulling the ring out from the chain.

 

“Here.” She said, passing it to him.

He grinned, taking the ring from her. He reached into his pocket and retrieved something, an item so small that she wasn’t able to see what it is.

 

“I’m binding you up so that you will never run away from me again.” He claimed, producing the hidden items on his hands. It was two rings.

 

Jiyun looked puzzled. “This is the one that i’ve just passed to you...” She muttered, pointing at the one on the right, “What’s this one?”

 

A cute lopsided smile appeared on his face. “Look.”

Yoochun had merged both rings together such that they clipped on to each other perfectly, producing a new ring altogether.

 

“Fingercuffs!” He declared happily, slipping it on her ring finger.

 

Jiyun giggled. “That’s how you claim to keep me in check?”

 

He nodded. “This is screaming to the world that you belong to THE Park Yoochun.”

 

“Childish.” She muttered, turning away from him.

Truth to be told, Jiyun was blushing so much that she couldn’t face him anymore. The Yoochun that was standing in front of her right at that point of time looked so attractive. So attractive that if she wasn’t careful enough, she would be falling even deeper for him.

 

Yoochun immediately caught her by her wrist and spun her around. “You’re blushing.” With hands supporting her waist, his lips slowly landed on hers, causing the entire crew to gasp in silent shock.

 

Jiyun was certainly shocked as well, but fortunately her face was in an angle whereby her facial expression wouldn’t be caught on the camera. But soon after, she found herself enjoying the kiss as well.


A smile made it’s way to her lips.


Yoochun felt her the ends of her lips curl up, and realising that, his lips followed suit.

 

“Aaaaanndd..... cut! Good take guys!” The director’s voice clearly rang out after what seemed like eternity, waking the both of them back to reality. “And this wraps up our filming!"


Both of them looked at each other awkwardly, ignoring the noise the crew were making.

 

“Didn’t we agree that we will just film the kissing clip using the camera angle effect? Why... why did you kiss me?” Jiyun murmured under her breath.

 

“It was in the spur of the moment?” Yoochun suggested after thinking for a while, his slightly shocked look never leaving his face even once.

 

Jiyun thought for a while. “I guess so as well.” She smiled, looking up happily, realising it was nothing serious. “I was into the scenario myself as well...”

 

“I’m sorry...?” He apologised, a forced smile slowly creeping up onto his face. His usual friendly business expression then covered his entire face.

 

"You don't seem sorry, judging from that smile on your face." Jiyun replied, rolling her eyes for the first time in a few days.

 

“But friends don’t do that, i guess. I seem to have overstepped my limits."

 

“You’re always teasing or blackmailing me. I’m already used to it.” She jokingly mentioned.

 

“You’re sure about that? I mean, it’s your first kiss after all. I can take responsibility, you know?” He added.

The usual Park Yoochun that Jiyun knew was back.

 

“Mr Stalker Park.” She warned, "Stop reading my twitter post."

 

“Hey, i’m serious here!”

 

Jiyun took a deep sigh. “Me too! Look, i’m don’t really care about first kiss and stuff.”


‘Don’t care, my foot. He freaking kissed me. But more importantly, i don’t want the fragile friendship that we had painstakingly built up to be ruined by a mere impulse of the moment.’

 

“We’re still friends, aren’t we?” He asked leisurely, peeking from the corner of his eyes.

 

“Durh! Come on, everyone’s waiting for us!”

 

Yoochun grinned. “Let’s go for a celebration tonight!” He announced and hung his arm over her shoulder, dragging her towards the entire crew happily to thank all of them for their work.

 

 


'How can i continue to see you as a friend after that kiss we shared?' Jiyun thought to herself, reading the message that Yoochun had written on his album over and over again.

 

"My on-screen wifey, glad that we finally got to know each other through the MV production! (You know what i mean *winks*) Thanks for the awesome MV and the hard work put into the acting even though it was at a last minute notice! Let's meet up for dinner some day!

PS: I'm glad that you replaced that actress, my dear friend ♥

Your MV hubby,
Yoochun

She took a look at the album that had been couriered to her workplace once more. Turning it over, she saw the production number. #7.

'Hot off the press, not yet released in music stores. I'm number 7.'

Just months ago, she would've still been anxiously waiting for the pre orders to end, and the closest production number on the album would probably be #7000.

"Well," She mumbled, "At least we managed to become friends. It's something that can only happen in my dreams."

On that note, she lightened up. Rather than harping over something useless, she could've used that time to do something more productive.

'Ten more minutes before the meeting...'

Taking out her handphone, she got her colleague to take a picture of her holding on to the album and smiling. She happily typed a short message along with the picture before clicking on the send button.

 

"Mr Park! I've received the album! Thanks! Let's grab dinner together someday as a thanks!
PS: Why no life size poster?! You know i'm a fan >:|"

She giggled.

‘The perks of having your idol as your friend.’

Just as she was about to leave her desk to head towards the meeting room, her phone vibrated, indicating an incoming message.

‘Such a fast reply?’ She thought before pressing the button to view the message.

 

"Miss Kim, don't be ungrateful! Besides, why will you need a life size poster when you can easily see the real life me?
PS: Dinner at 7?"

‘I take back my words, i have an egotistical idol friend...’

 

"Sounds good to me. Where are we meeting?"

 

"I'll pick you up from your office. See you in a while!"


Jiyun stared at her phone.

‘Does he even know where i work at? I don’t remember giving him my name card or anything...’

 

“Jiyun! Let’s get to the meeting now!” Her colleagues called out.

 

“Coming!” Jiyun replied.

‘Oh well, i’ll just text him my office address later after the meeting...’ She thought and slipped her phone back into her pocket before trudging off to the meeting room.

 

 

 

A/N: A special update just for Chuseok! MERRY CHUSEOK EVERYONE! <3 

PS: Next update on either thursday or friday :X well, if i'm in a good mood.....