Chapter 7

Coincidental or Intentional?

"You're back? How's filming?"

 

Jiyun looked at her boss with a deadpan face. "Physically and mentally tiring. Remind me not to step into another filming site to observe unless absolutely necessary."


She had just returned back to the office after her filming in the early morning, and was actually dragging her feet to her cubicle until her boss decided to stop her for a chat at his office.

 

Her boss chuckled. "Come on, it isn't that bad."

 

"It is! I wonder how do the actors and actresses manage to endure living in the life of another. Ah so scary!" She complained fervently, with direct reference to the earlier scenes where she had been bullied and warned by her so called 'antis', to break up with Yoochun immediately. "Look, my hands are still shivering."

 

"You're such a scaredy cat..." He sighed, reaching over to his mini fridge to retrieve a small tub of vanilla ice cream. "Here, comfort food."

 

Jiyun grinned instantaneously and reached over to grab it from him. "Now, that's what we are talking about."

 

"So, how is it like acting alongside with Yoochun?"

 

"He kept bullying me! Look at this!" She complained, showing him her left shoulder where a faint bite mark could still be seen. "He freaking bite me in the middle of filming! Not that i wouldn't mind him doing that if it was off cameras, but still... he's so mean!"

 

"But i think he’s a nice chap..." He mumbled under his breath, of which Jiyun still manages to hear him.

 

"A nice chap who pulled me into this hellish filming situation." She retorted sarcastically. "Although it's partially my fault for creating upsetting scenes like today's..." She muttered softly.

 

"There, there... at least you managed to accomplish this much; both working and acting alongside with your idol. Not many can get the chance to do that."

 

"Idol, who?" Jiyun asked with a puzzled expression.

 

"You're still trying to deny it at this point of time? Yoochun, Park Yoochun."

 

"Ah." A look of realization spreaded over her face.


'I'd almost forgotten that he is my idol...'

 

"But from what i observed..." Her boss said, sitting straight up to get nearer to his desk, "He isn't the type to joke and have fun with his fellow colleagues unless he is absolutely comfortable with them. Just compare the treatment you have with him and then with mine."

 

"Like? All i see is constant teasing."

 

"Well. He is friendly, no doubt. But it is a friendly business attitude that he is having. He draws a line between us, in fact with the whole crew if you realised. Nothing more, nothing less."

 

"Right. So, what's your point of saying all these? To treat him better? I would if he hadn't annoyed me that much."

 

He shrugged. "I just want to point it out to you that he is cherishing you as a friend, so don't be so stubborn."


She choked on her ice cream.

 

"Boss, how can you say that so casually? Friends with my idol..?! That's absurd?"


He sighed knowing that his employee is rejecting the idea without even considering.

 

"I guess it wouldn't hurt knowing this..."

 

"What?"

 

"Yoochun specially requested me to prepare this ice cream for you. Apparently, ice cream calms your nerves?"


She nodded. 'That stalker is at it again...'

 

"And..."


'And?!'

 

"He called me near daybreak to ask me for the list of extras that were acting as your antis today. To make sure that they weren't real antis, or dangerous fans."


'Huh?'

 

"And, he specially called up the PD and coordinator this morning before filming to look out for you just in case he had overlooked on any potential threats."


Jiyun's lips formed a grim, straight line.

 

"Really? He did all that?" She finally asked.

 

"Durh. And here you are, complaining about how bad he is. You're so ungrateful." He scolded, shaking his head in an exaggerated manner just to get his point across.

 

"Well, fine. I get it that he is pretty nice at times, but it doesn’t change that fact that he’s an evil person. I mean he even threa....”


‘No, i can’t let boss know that he blackmailed me...’

 

“What?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

Her boss sighed in defeat. “Well, i just hope that you can treat him better. It’s not everyday that you meet such nice celebrities.”


Jiyun thought for a while before nodding her head. Being in a relevant industry enables her to have significant interactions with celebrities of all kinds. And to be honest, most of them aren’t the kind faces one usually sees on screen.

 

“I don’t deny that.” She finally uttered after thinking for a while.

 

“I’m granting you time off so that you can get to the filming site to visit your idol . He’s about to film his scenes right now. I checked with the PD earlier.”

 

“Why should i visit him? He’s not a celebri.... oh wait he is.” She pouted, annoyed that she wasn’t able to talk back to her boss.

 

“Patch up whatever misunderstandings you guys have! I don’t want to see another bickering episode at my filming site!” He grumbled. "The PD told me that you guys weren't talking, hence delaying yesterday's filming."

 

"It wasn't even for long... it's just 5 minutes of cold war..." She mumbled under her breath, poking the ice cream that was just starting to melt.

 

"5 minutes of precious film time, and it was even Yoochun who made the first move to break the ice. You're seriously more childish than him."

 

"Ahhhhh fine. I was in the wrong as well for being childish." She admitted reluctantly.

 

"Good that you realized. Now get going. Your on screen boyfriend didn't sound so happy in the phone just now, and i'm putting all the blame on you."


Jiyun pouted and tucked her arms in front of her chest.

 

After considering for a short while, she spoke up. “Boss, you don’t have to give me time off. I’ll be seeing him tomorrow for the picnic scene anyway.”

 

He frowned. "I don't care when you do that. Just don't mess up the atmosphere at the filming tomorrow." He said and pushed her out of his office.

 

"Tsk. Touche much." She uttered, pulling out her smartphone to google for some information while walking away.
 


Waiting has never been that awkward.


Jiyun shuffled in her steps as she turned around to walk back to the original spot. Then once again, she walked towards the opposite direction. She stifled a yawn.

 

"There are so many ways to make peace, why do i have to choose the hard route?" She whispered under her breath, reprimanding herself as she snuck a peek at the food that she had prepared since early morning, even before the sun is up.


Kimchi jjigae, Potato croquette, Grilled Pork Ribs and most importantly, Eggplant with Edamame salad...

 

"But isn't it weird to bring such food for a picnic?" She found herself asking.


She had originally thought of preparing the food for the picnic filming... as a facade for her indirect apology.


'Surely his favourite food will cheer him up?'

 

"Hi..."


Jiyun immediately turned around upon hearing the familiar voice.


'Deja vu?'

 

"Erm... hi?"


'This is getting awkward.'

 

"Hey! Look at what i've gotten for today's picnic! I cooked them all by myself!" She tried to say in her most enthusiastic voice."


'Oh gosh, kill me please, i sound so unnatural.'


Yoochun walked towards her to take a look at her picnic basket. His indifferent face slowly changed to that of a small grin.

 

"Miss Kim, you really amaze me at times." The curve on his lips grew wider and higher. "Kimchi jjigae for picnic?"

 

"I know! Ah forget it, we'll get the coordinator to run down the street to get some sandwich or something." She grumbled.

 

As she was about to turn and head to find the coordinator, Yoochun caught her by the wrist. With a childish smile, he said. "That's not needed."

 

"What do you mean? Eh? Where are you pulling me to?" She asked while getting pulled along by him somewhere. She later recognised that he was bringing them to his car. The black Land Rover that she had been itching to get.

 

“We’ll have the food you cooked after filming, but for now...” He spoke softly, a slight shy smile appearing on his face.


A press on the button indicates that the door is open.

 

"Open it." He prompted, pointing to the back door.


Jiyun did as mentioned, revealing another picnic basket, similar to the one she brought. She raised her eyebrow.

 

"Open it..." He said once again. This time his ears seemed to be burning red.


Once more, she opened it revealing the contents of the basket.


'Kimbap, sandwich and salad?'

 

She peered at Yoochun who was looking away, trying to avoid any eye contact. “That...” He uttered, his high and prominent cheeks burning red. “I drove over to Jaejoong’s house early in the morning and demanded that he teach me how to make all those.”

 

“You mean, you cooked all those?” She asked in awed. “I thought you don’t do cooking?”

 

He shrugged. “I’m a natural born genius. It all depends on whether i make the effort to attempt things.”

 

Jiyun narrowed her eyes. “Right. But, thanks. I really appreciate it...”

 

“So you’re not angry at me anymore?”

 

She looked up. “What?”

 

“I thought you were still upset with me, so i cooked these food to appease your anger...”

 

She stared at him. “Me too...”


The both of them looked at each other for a while before bursting out into major laughter.

 

“Shall we try the food you cooked right now, Ms Kim?”

 

“Sounds good to me, Mr Park.”



Filming has never been any more enjoyable than this.

 

“Mr Park, stop leaning your entire body weight on my left shoulder; it’s going to break seeing how broad your shoulder is!” Jiyun complained, although she had to admit that she wouldn’t mind him doing that for a while more.

 

“Ay, don’t mind don’t mind...” He replied lazily, reaching forward to pick up the kite that he had brought along with him. “Kite?”

 

She shook her head. “I don’t know how to fly it."

 

He shrugged. “Me neither. Just trying to follow your story closely.”


“Mr Park... i love you so much that i could’ve killed you on the spot if not for the row of cameras that are filming us right now...” She smiled happily, although anyone could’ve felt the degree of sarcasm in her words.

 

“Ms Kim, i love you too so please grant me a wish.”

 

“No.”

 

“Pleaseeeeee?”

 

She gulped. “Tell me what is it and i’ll consider.”

 

“I’m telling you and that’s final. You’ll have to agree no matter what.”

 

Jiyun rolled her eyes. “Tell me.”

 

With that, Yoochun shifted his entire weight down by lying his head right on her lap. He beamed radiantly before saying, “I’ve had a long day, lend me your lap as my pillow.”

 

“Mr Park, i didn’t remember me agreeing to become your pillow. Besides, the day is just starting!”

 

“Lalalalalala.... it’s so noisy, i can’t hear you.”

 

Jiyun pouted as she thought of a revenge plan. An evil grin appeared on her face. “Yoochun...” She called out.

 

“Hmm?” He replied leisurely, barely opening his eyes.

 

“You have such soft hair, makes me want to....” She slowly spoke. “... mess it up!” She said in a rush, ruffling his hair up at top speed.


Jiyun started giggling upon seeing how speechless he became, how he ignored his messed up hair and just looked at her.

 

“You naughty wifey...”

 

“Forgive me. my dear hubby?” She said in a fake voice, obviously not sorry at at.

 

“I’m gonna punish you a little.” He said, and sat right up. In an instant, he pushed her right down on the mat and gave her an evil smile of his own.

 

“Urm Mr Park, i don’t think this is in the storyboard that i’ve created....” She replied, a little scared as she has just seen another side of Yoochun that she would’ve never encountered in her eight years of fandom.

 

“So? The director gave me his permission to deviate from the storyline as and when i deem fit.” He smirked. “Now, shall we make this such that it gets a rated tag?”

 

Jiyun opened her eyes wide in shock. “No, you wouldn’t dare.”

 

“Why wouldn’t i?” He challenged, getting closer to her by the seconds.

 

“Cos there are 8 cameras surrounding us.”

 

Yoochun pondered for a while. “That’s true.”

 

She heaved a sigh of relief. “So, get up please?”

 

He shook his head. “No, not yet. There’s just one more thing for me to do...” With that, he lifted his left hand and showed her his last finger where a new ring lies. “I would like to do this scene right now.”

 

“Eh? Should we, really? You’ve collected the ring already?”

 

He nodded. “Better now than never. Besides, it’s really pretty, so i thought i should let you take a look at it.”

 

“It really is pretty. Get up, i want to take a closer look at it.” She requested, and Yoochun promptly sat right up. He slipped it off his finger and brought up her hand to put it on carefully.

What happened for the next few minutes were beyond anyone’s expectations, and brought laughters to the entire shooting crew. Except for two.

The ring was a size too big for Jiyun’s ring finger.

 

“Park Yoochun! Did you really get the correct size? It’s too loose for your pinky as well, isn’t it?”

 

“No! It fits perfectly fine! See?” He showed her, putting the ring onto his pinky. “It’s you who is too skinny!”

‘NOW he tells me that i’m skinny...”

 

“No, i believe that i’m in the healthy range. You’re too fat!”

 

“No! I told you i’m underweight already!”

 

“Hmmph!”

 

“Hmmph!”

‘Deja vu again?’

 

“This is childish...” Jiyun admitted.

 

Yoochun nodded. “Both of us are...”

They turned towards each other and started laughing hysterically, not even caring if the camera was still rolling or not.

When they finally felt tired from all the laughing, they lay down side by side on the picnic mat.

 

“Guess we’re not meant to be huh?” Jiyun suggested, looking at the ring that was hanging loosely on her ring finger.

 

“Yeah too bad, i guess?”

 

“Maybe i should try it with Jaejoong instead.”
 

“YAH!”

 

Jiyun giggled. “Fine, you’re my on screen boyfriend. Until the day we finish filming, we’ll still remain as a pair of lovers when the cameras are rolling.”

 

“How about off screen?” He questioned. “Friends?”

 

Jiyun thought for a while and smiled. “Yes, friends.”
 

 

 

A/N: As usual, 10 comments or a Tuesday update. :)

 

PS: I SAW MY LONG TIME CRUSH BACK IN HIGH SCHOOL! -_- And it seems like he is aging backwards. Tsk.