Three

Figurines with Coffee in Winter

 

CHAPTER 3

Sunggyu stood on the side between Kaye and Myungsoo. She tried averting her eyes but the static glare that Myungsoo was giving her made her shiver.

“H-him?” Kaye asked Sunggyu, but pointed at Myungsoo. Sunggyu smiled and nodded. “You collect anime figurines?” This, she asked Myungsoo.

Myungsoo was more than surprised to see and meet the girl here. Plus, he found her prettier without make-up.

“Don’t tell me you know each other?” Sunggyu eyed me.

Kaye didn’t know if she should tell them that she met Myungsoo just last night from the café, or completely ignore they actually met. She glanced at him, and he was smiling!

“Ah, hyung. I met her at the place I went to last night. The one I told you about. She was a-” Myungsoo said, but was cut off by Hoya.

“A hostess?” Hoya exclaimed, followed by a gasp from Sungjong.

“What! No!” Kaye immediately explained. “I work as a waitress! And I sell the stuff I make there! And plus, it’s not like it’s illegal!”

But Sunggyu chuckled a little bit, which made them crack up. Myungsoo tapped my shoulder and tried to keep from laughing.

“Kaye, I know. Just don’t mind them. We just like to tease people we like.” Myungsoo said.

“Teasing! Huh! Like I would believe that. You-you guys are so…”

But Dongwoo cut her off, which already has a cup of whatever drink he was drinking in his hand. “Hot? I know.”

Kaye was surprised! But she didn’t even realize what Myungsoo had said, and she just couldn’t take any more teasing. Her life was more important, well money is.

“You guys aren’t taking me seriously. Why don’t we just get to business?” She said with a straight face.

“Awww… someone’s angry.” Sungjong retorted.

Kaye didn’t want to get angry. She just spent a lot of time crying, and now because of these guys, she’s going to cry again. Kaye is strong, but with the hell of life she’s living, she’s not gonna let 7 guys make fun of her. She quickly stood up, but was surprised yet again to find Hana in front of her.

“Hey, uhm… you’re Sungjong, right?” Hana asked the kid.

Sungjong was giving her a smug look. She was still taller than him. Hana then asked again.

“Do you like this store?”

Sungjong nodded. “Of course, the drinks here are delicious.”

Hana smiled at him. “Well then, Kaye here is the best friend of the owner’s daughters. That means us.” She pointed to herself and Min. Min didn’t even move. “I don’t want any trouble in my store and since Kaye is in a dire state, I don’t like anyone messing with her physically and mentally. Or else…”

“Or else what?” Sungyeol asked this.

She smiled at him then back to Sungjong. Hana slowly moved closer to Sungjong and whispered something to him. He stiffened. Then his cheeks became red.

“Or else, you guys won’t get free cups and discounts ever again. Do you understand?”

“Y-y-yes… noona…” Sungjong muttered. Myungsoo and Kaye heard him and then Hana smirked.

Sunggyu then interrupted everything. “Well, that didn’t go well. L, why don’t you discuss it properly with Kaye?”

“Kaye, uhm, I want to see the figurines first. Do you have them now?” Myungsoo asked.

She shook her head. “I’ll just bring it over to your house or dorm, wherever you want.”

He told her to meet him at their dorm on Saturday. He was the only one who doesn’t have a schedule at night. Sunggyu then gave Kaye an address of their place. They all left except for Myungsoo. He was writing down on the paper his phone number. Before he left, he told Kaye to call him.

Min was so quiet until they left. She was still debating whether she should go out with Sunggyu. She barely knew the guy. But then, she did notice something.

“Unnie, they all like you.”

Both Kaye and Hana looked at each other and Hana just winked at Kaye and smiled at Min. Kaye didn’t like getting teased by other people who she barely knows, and Hana’s interest was in Sungjong. She had thought of something, and now, was pushing Kaye to go to Infinite’s dorm and sell her stuff.

Saturday came, and she was just waiting for the time. They had agreed to meet at 10pm. Before Kaye left, Hana gave her discount cards. She wondered why.

After getting off the bus, she just walked and walked until she reached a gated subdivision. What she didn’t expect was how humongous the houses were, and it looked like one of Hana’s villas. Another thing she wasn’t expecting was a Myungsoo who impatiently waited for her outside the gate.

“What took you so long? You know how long I waited?” Myungsoo said when Kaye approached him.

“Well, let’s see. First, I’m not rich, and so I can’t afford a taxi. Second, this thing is heavy. And lastly, who the heck told you to wait for me? I’m not some stupid little girl who has no sense of direction.” Kaye said flatly.

Myungsoo actually knew that she will have a lot of stuff and that’s why he waited outside. But his personality just makes it hard to say good things and express his feelings. He looked at her in awe as she slowly walked to him. He was speechless. She’s so beautiful. He knew Kaye was probably hurt when he didn’t greet her. Instead, he took the bag from her hand and told her to follow him.

Kaye was led in a really big villa. She later found out that it really wasn’t Infinite’s dorm, it was more of a private house. Whose house is this then? Kaye thought.

“This is a gift from my parents who are out of the country. Actually a gift from my parents and Sunggyu’s. Our families are very close. So, this villa is sort of mine and his.” Myungsoo told Kaye and he smiled. “Come on, let’s go to my room. I have to show you something.”

He put the bag down slowly, and then walked up stairs. Kaye followed. She was amazed at his collection. “I bet these are all the premium type figurines. They are all so lovely! Now, I don’t want to show you mine.” She felt so embarrassed.

Kaye thought he didn’t hear it, but Myungsoo did and he just smiled at himself. He went to his room and showed her. It was quite enormous. Right then, Kaye knew he was such a geek and a total otaku.

“Hmmm… not bad.” Kaye said with a satisfied voice and she eyed him. “Not bad for someone like you.”

“I’m really into it. An otaku like you should understand.” He said. “Okay, let’s go back to the game room, since my collection is there. I’m going downstairs to get your bag so wait there.”

Kaye finally took off her coat. She wore short shorts and socks that were thigh high and a plaid shirt. She sat on a couch and looked around. She found a game console and took an xbox controller. She heard someone clear and looked back. Myungsoo was a few feet behind her and he was blushing from her position. Her knees and hands were on the floor, kinda like she was crawling.

“What are you doing there? Come here, I’ll show you my figurines so you can buy them and I can go home.”

She opened her bag and took out her figurines carefully. The recent ones she made were of vocaloids. Myungsoo took one and examined it.

“It’s made of wax!” sounding so surprised. “It really looks like Miku. Wow, Kaye, they’re really great. Isn’t it hard to make one especially from wax?”

Kaye was now smiling that someone is appreciating her work. “Well, it takes time and it isn’t easy at all. One figurine, depending on the character and specific outfit or accessories takes about a week or two for me. Or sometimes, I finish 2-3 figurines in two weeks.”

Myungsoo was still admiring all the figurines and so Kaye wasn’t able to ask him if he wants it or not, but she chuckled unexpectedly and he looked at her confusingly.

“What?” he asked.

She smiled. “Uh-uhm… nothing. Can I play a game on the xbox?”

He nodded and told her to pick any games. She picked Call of Duty. It was live, and so she managed to get 5 kill streaks and she just started! Myungsoo noticed how good she was and so he decided to play against her.

When Myungsoo started, he went ballistic on the opponent and started a killing spree. He was good. But later on, when Kaye’s character got a hold of a sniper, she shot almost everyone without dying. And she was catching up on Myungsoo’s team’s score. He was good, but Kaye was better, and that pissed Myungsoo off. He doesn’t like losing and if he does, he tries to get back what was his in the first place.

He threw the controller, and it made a loud crashing noise. Kaye didn’t even move from her spot and still concentrated on the game.

“Hey, stop playing.” Myungsoo told her, but she didn’t listen. “Kaye! I told you to stop playing!”

She shot a glare at Myungsoo. “Dude, it’s just a freaking game. Don’t freak out just because you lost to a girl. It’s just a game. Don’t take it so seriously.”

He was quiet, and when Myungsoo’s character respawned, Kaye shot his character and her team won. She didn’t even bother looking at the TV. Then Kaye smirked, “It wasn’t just a lucky shot.”

“That’s it! Give me that!” He took the controller from Kaye’s hand but failed. She evaded. He still went for it, but her hand was faster and she still evaded it. She quickly moved back.

He was in rage! But Kaye kept teasing him and not give him the controller, when suddenly Myungsoo jumps on her and pins both her hands down. She eventually loses and leaves it alone, but she doesn’t like to get beaten up as well. She struggled to break free and bam!

She accidentally hit Myungsoo’s sensitive part. His face was giving a really hurt expression. He rolled to the side and curled up.

Kaye looked at him with a shocked expression. “Oh my gosh! Did I hit it too hard? I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean too. It was an accident!”

Although she apologized, it still sounded as if she was mocking Myungsoo.

“Shut up! J-just help me up onto the couch.” She ordered Kaye. Kaye was pretty strong, so with his one arm around her, she managed to pull him up and slowly walked him to the couch. When he lay down, her hand was still on his back [her hand stuck between his back and the couch], he didn’t notice this, and so Kaye ended up on top of her.

Kaye thought it was starting to get awkward for her in the position, but Myungsoo didn’t listen. Their faces were so close.

“Myungsoo-ssi, I really am sorry. I didn’t mean it, believe me! You pinned me down, and I was taught self-defense. I panicked okay? I’m really sorry.” Kaye apologized again and this time it was clearly true.

“Hnnnn….” Myungso mumbled.

“Oh my gosh. I’m so sorry. Let me make it up for you. I… I… I’ll do anything! I can’t afford to get sued by you, so I’ll do anything. Just forgive me! I’m so sorry!” She said in a very panicky voice.

“You can’t take back your words.” Myungsoo opened his eyes and they were inches apart from hers. She could almost feel the smirk forming on his lips.

She was tricked again.

But that awkward moment was finally cut off  by a loud gasp and a, “WHAT. THE. HECK. ARE. YOU. TWO. DOING?”



 

 

Ayiiii.... and update! Finally!

Sorry, it took me a while to update.

enjoy this chapter and hope you crave for more!