Jira Memories and Truth

Destiny 13

The group made it to part of the path where the gravity was being distorted.

 

“What is going on!?” Jihye asked as she started lifting off the ground.

“We are getting closer.” Sehun said looking at the group.

They saw Luhan fast asleep surrounded by crystals. As the group walked closer, the crystals shot towards them.

“Looks like this is his protection.” Kris said looking at the crystals hover around him.

“We can just use my crystal. They look similar to mine.” Jihye said as she raised the crystal.

Suddenly the crystal played a different tune than it had previously played.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inbwgWhnG9g (k.will dream music box)

The other crystals began to combine with Jihye’s crystals as a video appeared on the wall.

“What is going on?” Xiumin asked as the Jihye looked at the video being played.

“What’s that?” Sehun asked.

“It looks like a meteor hitting the ground.” Suho said looking as the video continued.

“It’s a lady and a baby!” Baekhyun shouted.”

“Who is that?” Kris asked looking at the woman.

“She looks exhausted.” Lay said looking at the women carry the crying baby.

The lady was barely able to walk as she carried the baby in her arms. She saw a house as she wobbled to the steps. She rang the doorbell as a couple answered the door.

"I can't hear anything." Kris explained.

“Who are they?” Xiumin asked.

“They are my parents.” Jihye said as tears began to blur her vision.

The guardians looked at her and then back at the video.

The woman handed Jihye’s parents her crystal before saying something to Jihye's parents before she smiled and vanished. Jihye’s parents were shocked by what they had just witnessed, but held the baby in their arms.

The video jumped to another scene that showed Jihye as a child.

“That’s me!” Jihye said walking closer.

Suddenly, the crystal blinded the group as it showed the woman again wearing the crystal looking very healthy. She seemed to be in the middle of telling a fortune to her customer as the sound returned to the video.

-------

"Ah~ I see, you are currently in a love triangle with two men." The woman said looking at the girl.

"That's right! I don't know who to chose." The girl said with a sigh.

"It rather simple, just date them both." The woman said laughing.

"Get serious, Ms Jira, I need your guidance." The girl said with pleading eyes.

"Alright." She said closing her eyes. The furniture began to lift off the ground as she slowly opened her eyes that were glowing. "Chose Erim." She said dropping her head as the furniture dropped to the floor.

"Erim!? He's such a nerd though, why not Wei?"

Jira blew the hair out of her face and looked at the girl. "Wei is just playing with you and if you choose him you will end up pregnant with his child. He will then try to deny your son and you will end up a crappy parent." Jira explained.

"No way! You just made that up! Erim must have paid you to say that." The girl said standing up. "Wei loves me and I'm going to prove you wrong!" She said storming out. Jira let out a sigh as she shook her head.

"They say they want the truth, but everytime I tell them the truth they call me a liar. Maybe I should stop reading people's future." She said getting up. She suddenly heard Jihye crying as she walked towards her room. "Hey there~ what's got you up at this time?" She said picking her up. "You are just the cutest little thing, you look just like your father." She said smiling. "Rest his soul." She said carrying Jihye to the kitchen. She placed Jihye in her high chair and walked towards the fridge. "You must be hungry, I wonder what you want today-" Suddenly Jira held her head as she dropped to her knees as a vision came to her. Jira was standing over Jihye's grave crying. She was able to read the year and it was only three years from the current date. Jira stood up and looked at Jihye who was now smiling. "The same vision again." She said holding her chest. "There must be another future for her." She said looking at Jihye.

After a few days of rest Jira was out with Jihye for a stroll when Jihye pointed to a toy store. Jira smiled as she pushed the stroller into the store. She walked around as Jihye smiled making noises as babies normally did. A toy caught Jihye's eyes as she desperately pointed to it. Jira followed her gaze and looked up at the solar system mobile slowly rotating above them.

"That?" She asked smiling.

A clerk came up to them smiling as she looked at Jihye. "Aw~ she's so cute. Would you like to have one of our new mobiles? She asked.

"How much is it?"

"It's actually on sale today. This is the newest one and it features a new solar system, they have this planet that has a similar atmosphere to ours. I think scientist called it little blue."

"Little blue?" Jira asked looking at the planet. "That sounds familiar-" Jira suddenly held her head as a new vision came to her. She saw Jihye laughing and smiling surrounded by people living happily. In the background she saw a sign that read Earth Day. Jira snapped out of it and looked up at the mobile looking at the little blue planet. "Earth." She said smiling as she looked at the clerk.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" The clerk asked.

"Earth! That's how she can be saved!" She said grabbing the clerk's hand as she spun her around.

--------

A few weeks had passed and Jira had managed to get aboard one of the exploration ships heading towards Little Blue thanks to her husband's past influence as a researcher. The vision of Jihye living happily replayed in her head as she looked at Jihye smiling up at her. "Once we get to earth we can start a new life, a life where you grow up happy and healthy. Of course we won't be able to use our psychic powers, but I'm sure we can get by. " She said with a determined look on her face. "I don't know all this science stuff like your father did, but this rocket should get us to earth within a few hours." She explained to Jihye who continued to smile.

Half way through the trip Jira had a new vision. Unlike her normal visions that showed other's future, this one showed her own. She saw herself handing Jihye over to a couple with a smile on her face as she breathed her last breath. She shot up as she looked around the rocket. "I see." She said letting out a sigh. "So no matter what future I see, we can't be happy together." She said softly caresing Jihye's sleeping face. "I've lived a good life." She said smiling as she grabbed the crystal around her neck. "Jihye... I'm sorry... I thought I'd be able to see you grow up but... She said tearing up. "I guess that's not what's supposed to happen. I guess it's better this way. You won't have to have paniful memories of me because... you won't remember me." She said as tears streamed down her face. "It's scary to know my life is about to end, but I want you to know I'd choose this future everytime if it means you get to live. One last thing I must say, I love you, Jihye." She said as a warning signal went off on the rocket as people aboard began to panic.

Jira remained calm as she surrounded Jihye in a small barrier. She made a similar barrier for herself, but knew it was in vain. In an insant the rocket exploded as Jira held tightly to Jihye who remained asleep. They're bodies floated through the empty of space for what seemed like an eternity. Jira managed to keep Jihye's barrier safe and warm while her own barrier slowly deteriorated. "I see it." Jira said smiling as they were pulled towards the earth. "She made it." Jira said reinforcing Jihye's barrier one more time as they entered the earth's atmosphere.

"Honey, look at that meteor, it looks like it's coming straight for us!" The lady shouted.

"Get inside!" The man shouted.

Jira came crashing near their house as she out. It wasn't until she heard the cries of Jihye did she manage to stumble to her feet. She made it to the couple she saw in her vision as a smile appeared on her face. "Please take care of Jihye." Jira said as she handed Jihye to the couple. "This crystal, it will help you raise her. It has recordings of everything you need to know about her.... With this, my daughter's happiness is secured." She said with a smile as she slowly vanished.

The video suddenly jumped showing Jihye's earth parents writing down what they saw on the recordings. They took extensive notes and compiled them into a book. Jihye never knew why her parents made her take up so many different sports or learn martial arts, but now it made sense. Her mother, Jira had listed different sports and activities she had seen in her visions that might interest Jihye, though they were from their home planet, her earth parents tried their best to find earth's equivalent. All the times Jihye got upset with them for that made her heart sink.

“I thought you said you were an earthling.” Baekhyun said.

“I guess…I’m not.” She said as the video suddenly stopped as the crystal fell to the ground.

“Why did the crystal suddenly show that?” Chen asked.

“It must have reacted to the other crystals around it and what it had recorded was suddenly played. I didn’t know that was a memory crystal too.” Suho said picking up the crystal.

The crystal suddenly began to glow as it floated above the group. It began to spin as it changed shape. It transformed into a star shape pendant as it floated back to Jihye. A small crystal chain looped through the star creating a bracelet as it wrapped around Jihye’s wrist.

“It changed shape!” Chen said looking at the star.

“I wonder why?” Kris asked.

“It absorbed those crystals and changed shape.” Suho said looking at it.

“It’s amazing that there were still some of those crystals around.” Xiumin said looking at the star.

“Luhan must have kept them protected with his ability.” Chanyeol explained.

“Ah, Luhan!” Baekhyun said turning around.

The group turned around to see Luhan still fast asleep.

“Jihye are you okay?” Xiumin asked.

“Un…I’ll be fine.” She said faking a smile. “Now, let’s wake this guy up.” She said as she held her wrist up.

The crystal star twirled as it played the usual melody.

Luhan opened his eyes and looked around. He noticed Jihye as he stood up. He walked over to her as he embraced her.

“Let it out.” He said as Jihye began to cry.

The other guardians remained quiet as Jihye cried. "I should have treated them better. All the sacrifices they made for me... I'm a terrible daughter." She said as she continued to crying. "I'm sorry!" She shouted looking up. "I'll do better for now on." She said burying her face in her hands.

 


*EDIT 10-22-12 Update on Tuesday~*(that could mean at midnight too!)

Closed but I'll still keep it up~