Chapter Two.

Wait For Me

 

It’s been days since Jonghyun had left for military services. Jessica cried endlessly, during the day and night, and hasn’t had any sleep. She didn’t have the energy to eat, to talk; heck she wasn’t even functioning like a normal person should! Taeyeon was fed up with Jessica’s lack of life and eventually exploded,

Do you think crying everyday will make two years fly by quicker? No it doesn’t! Do you think starving yourself and living like a zombie will make Jonghyun any happier? No it doesn’t! Can you not be so selfish and think of the members around you? It kills us to see you like this Jessica!”

Jessica cried silently to herself as she listened to Taeyeon lecturing her. It is true that the members are hurt because of her but opening up to them about her problems won’t solve anything. Jonghyun wanted to break up with her. The love of her life told her to move on with another guy. Her world was collapsing and her members won’t understand it they way she does.

Sorry” Jessica whispered half-heartedly – Jessica’s lack of effort ticked the members off.

Taeyeon who was now in tears shook her head, “Sorry doesn’t help Sooyeon. Show us that you have the initiative to move on with your life. Waiting for Jonghyun like this won’t do you any good. Make this two years worthy to live for”

Moving on… were the last words she wanted to hear. She doesn’t want to move on. And that was a fact. She can’t just live her life happily, when her world was gone. Jonghyun was like air to Jessica, he kept her alive and now that he’s gone she felt like she’s suffocating.

Move on? How do you expect me to move on?” Jessica asked bitterly.

The group of girls remain silent. They all knew that Jonghyun was everything to Jessica.

Unni, Taeyeon unni is right. You need to make these two years worthwhile. You can’t just sit and mope all day and night in this dorm. There’s great opportunities waiting for you outside and ---“

An agitated Jessica cut off Maknae Seohyun’s sentence,  “Why is everyone making me move on? First Jjong oppa, then Taeyeon and now you! You out of all people don’t have the right to tell me what to do. I’m older than you!”

The girls were taken back by Jessica’s words, especially Seohyun. No matter how tired and cranky Jessica might be, she had never, never, yelled or raised her voice at Seohyun. Jessica got up and locked herself in her room. Hiding under her blanket, she cried until she fell asleep – hoping that she could dream of Jonghyun. She longed for his touch. She missed his voice and teasing nature. She missed him.

 

Two days have past and Jessica remained locked inside her room, refusing to go outside to eat or wash up. The members were worried that something bad might have happened to her and so they called the ambulance and police. After half an hour of knocking on Jessica’s door, the police had no choice but to knock down her door. Upon their sight of the lifeless room, was a thin and pale girl who sat in the corner of her room. The paramedics rushed in and checked her health.

She need’s to be admitted into the hospital. Her health has deteriorated to the point where it’s a miracle for her to be breathing right at this moment”

The members of Girls’ Generation and SHINee stood around Jessica’s bedside in the hospital. She rested on the bed, with wires attached to her, and refused to look at her friends. Onew was feeling conflicted. Yesterday, he received a hand written letter from Jonghyun but can’t decide whether it is the right time to give her the letter.

She’s so fragile at the moment. What if the letter makes her become even more unstable...?” Onew thought.

But putting aside everything, he still gave her the letter.

Jessica... this is a letter from Jonghyun. He asked me to hand it to you”

Jessica sat up at the sound of Jonghyun’s name. She snatched the letter out of Onew’s hand and quickly took the letter out of the envelope. The letter read:

 

“Dear Jessica,

I hope you are doing okay, I heard from the media that you seem very fragile these days. I know you are hurt by the fact that I’m gone but living your life… waiting for me won’t do the both of us any good.

I stress the point that you must move on with your life. You’re young and beautiful with an amazing talent. Use these to grab all the wonderful opportunities that are heading your way.

It kills me to imagine you not smiling. Not being your beautiful self. Your bubbly personality that is yet to be discovered by the world is being outshined by this fear you have -the fear of losing me. I’m not going anywhere Jess. I’ll always be by your side.

I love you… I really do. But I don’t want you to wait for me… I don’t want to be a burden. If we’re fated for each other, then we will meet in two years time.

For now, please forget me.

From,

Jonghyun.”

 

Jessica burst into tears as she read the letter from Jonghyun. Taeyeon who quickly read the letter, placed her hand on Jessica’s shoulder,

Sica, Jonghyun doesn’t want to see you like this. If you don’t take care of your health, you might not live till the day he comes home. Why don’t you do what he asks you to… and prove to him that you two are fated for one another!”

Jessica cried even more when she realised that Taeyeon is right. She nodded her head and agreed to live her life the best it can be. She hugged onto Taeyeon tightly and cried to her heart’s content. Seohyun was touched and began weeping too, forgetting about the incident between Jessica and herself. Jessica reached out for maknae’s hand and hugged her.

I’m sorry Seohyun. I’m sorry for yelling at you. I feel like such a terrible person… making you all worry about me” Jessica apologized.

The soshi members were touched; they all knew how hard it is for Jessica to apologize, and all gathered around Jessica as they cried together. Key let a few of his tears escaped as he watch the touching scene play before of him.

Since that very day, thanks to Jonghyun’s letter, the bond between the members of SNSD grew stronger. Jessica became a stronger person – who promised to live her life by achieving all her goals. She was determined… determined to prove that Jonghyun and her were fated for each other. 

 

---------------------------------------------

Please show this story some love; subscribe&comment <3

I've decided to make this a full story! But I can't promise you that I will update this everyday. Currently, I should be catching up on lectures, but this story is much more entertaining than anatomy!

OOOHH, the poster for this story! Do you guys like it? ^^

And if you're interested in another JONGSICA fic, check out my other new story: "Locked To You"

link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/270766/locked-to-you-jessicajung-jonghyun-krystal-shinee-snsd