Chapter One.

Wait For Me

 

Jonghyun & Jessica was the couple that everyone envied. When they first announced their relationship to the public, they received a lot of hate – especially Jessica. She would cry everytime she reads a hurtful comment and her members would be there to comfort her. Taeyeon defied their relationship at first, and the couple almost broke up. But a miracle pulled through and Jonghyun begged Jessica to stay with him and that he will protect her.

It’s been four years,” Jessica whispered as she caressed Jonghyun’s face. They were relaxing in the apartment that they bought together near SM Entertainment.

For what?” Jonghyun asked, pretending to not know what his girlfriend was talking about.

Jessica rolled her eyes and pushed him away, “Since we went public with our relationship!”

Jonghyun snickered and pulled his girls towards him, embracing her with all his might. Leaning down, he stole a quick kiss from Jessica.

How could I forget? It’s day that I was the most proud of. I love you Sooyeon-ah”

Jessica didn’t reply. She smiled and snuggled closer to him. Jonghyun didn’t need to hear her reply; he knew that she loves him too.

 

A couple of days have passed and the members of SHINee and Girl’s Generation were with Jonghyun as he left for the army.

Jessica tears were uncontrollable. She won’t be seeing the love of her life for two years. TWO YEARS!

Jonghyun couldn’t bear to see his girlfriend cry over him, his heart was aching. As the couple was left alone to say their own goodbyes, Jonghyun let his tears fall. He didn’t think that he would say this to her.

Jessica… let’s break up”

A distraughted Jessica looked up at Jonghyun, “Why? Did I do something wrong?” She panicked.

Jonghyun shook his head and caressed her cheeks, “Baby you did nothing wrong. But we won’t be seeing each other for two years – that’s a long time”

Jessica held onto Jonghyun’s hand as begged him, “I’ll wait for you. I will”

Sadness was visible in Jonghyun’s eyes. “I don’t want you to wait for me. This is two years of your life Jessica”

“And you’re worth two years of my life!” Jessica retorted who was now angry.

You’re saying this now but we don’t know what will happen in the future! What if you love someone else six months later? A year later? Or worse tomorrow!” Jonghyun shot back.

Jessica, who couldn’t believe what she was hearing, slapped Jonghyun. He wasn’t angry, and felt that he deserved to be slapped by her. He could’ve sticked with a sweet goodbye and made Jessica wait for him. But he didn’t want to be a burden – hindering her from the great things that she could experience in the next two years… like a new man who will love her more than he does.

By now, Jessica was sitting on the floor – still crying in front of Jonghyun. His heart pain was now unbearable. He bent down and embraced her, holding her close to his chest, “Jessica, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make you cry. But I don’t want you to wait for me – I don’t want to be a burden” He confessed.

Jessica clutched onto him, “I will wait for you, and I love you and only you!”

Jonghyun let her go and wiped her tears away, “How about we give each other a break for now? In two years time, I will wait here for you. And if you want to continue with our relationship then come find me. But if your happiness and… heart lies somewhere else…then forget about me”

Jessica couldn’t argue back. She felt an excruciating pain in her heart. She was feeling weak. The two walked back to where their respective members were and Jonghyun bid his goodbyes to them. Before leaving, he the side of Jessica’s face and kissed her forehead.

He didn’t want to say goodbye. He didn’t want to part ways with his girlfriend. He was afraid that once he said ‘bye’ she would no longer be his. And in two years time, he will be waiting in the cold… and her shadow won’t appear for him. He feared the day she won’t come back for him.

Jonghyun let the last few tears escaped from his eyes as he entered the gate of no returns. Unexpectedly, he felt a pair of arms around his waist. His shirt was soaked from the back and he knew it was Jessica. He turned to face her and looked into her eyes. Jessica pulled him down by his neck and crashed her lips on his.

I’ll be back” The girl whispered.