Jongin

Destroying Oh Sehun's Pride.

 

Like a vicious cycle you can never escape, school had to start at seven in the morning, at the crack of dawn, five days a week. Jongin is back in school and Sehun is trying to sublimate. As much as the latter dislikes his hyung, he detests the hoard of twenty-odd people surrounding them, asking about Jongin, even more. As usual, his collar line was slightly too low. It jas been the case ever since that one time when he tore his shirt completely on accident and he got a pretty good response.

Thankfully, the bell sounded, marking the start to his peace and quiet.

“Bye bye,  Sehunnie, take care of yourself!” Jongin sings in a fashion Sehun finds utterly annoying. Not to mention cheesy and unnecessary.

“Yeah, yeah.” he raises an arm to acknowledge the message before ambling off to class.

“Let’s have lunch together later! “ the older boy calls after him, still smiling like a fool. Wait, he is a fool. Sehun pretends not to hear.

But by lunch time, he has forgotten that he did not hear Jongin’s invitation to lunch and places his tray at his table anyway. Then he realises he has forgotten his juice box and leaves the table for a few minutes. When he comes back, Jongin is already seated with a few of his friends. “Oh, hi Sehun! You don’t mind that I invited some of my friends along right?” the elder’s grins were bright. Too bright.

“I guess not.” he nods sullenly. One thing about Jongin, was that he had too many friends. He has friend in every class at every level. And it wasn’t just one or two friends per homeroom, but almost half the class. He even has friends in the general office, the nurses’ office and the cleaners’ store. You can say that the ratio of Jongin’s friends to non-friends in the entire Yeouido province was 6:4. No, it isn’t an exaggeration.

Sehun buries his head into his rice in an attempt to be invisible but he fails miserably when two more seniors squeeze into the circle with their trays, causing his juice box to topple over. Thankfully, for the sinners who dared to knock over his beverage, it was still sealed tight or their food might end up in the wrong stomach.  

But he becomes cognizant that he was crushed against a person and all murderous thought of avenging his juice box were brought to naught. To be precise, a female person. It seems that she realised that fact just as he did since the jerked away from each other like two positive magnets. Females, as he knows from experience, can either be very, very annoying or very, very scary. Annoying like the ones who comment on his pictures on his blog with many hearts and odd symbols that do not make sense and scary like the women he had back at home. And that scary girl with the evil broom!

He takes a quick glance at her face and then a second look. She was smiling gaily at Jongin, deep in conversation and Sehun swore he could see the bubbles and rainbows forming around her. “That scary lady from yesterday…” A thousand and one warning sirens blast through his amygdala.

“Sorry.” He mutters. The girl simply smiles back at him before turning back to give Jongin her undivided attention. There are no signs of recognition whatsoever in her expression and Sehun feels his ego being pricked.

Seungyeon on the other hand had different warning signs. She knew from the years of watching school-themed dramatizations, that good looking people with fans like Oh Sehun, only meant trouble. They have been classmates for years now and she knew he wasn’t the friendliest person in town. He wasn’t one to be nice to someone to start a friendship but he wasn’t antisocial either. That guy is different and different spells unnecessary problems to her very joyful, uneventful life.

“Oppa, stop that! “she hisses at Jongin who almost cakes himself with a slice of strawberry shortcake. Talk about impeccable dining etiquette. He flashes the girl a sanguine smile and puts down his dessert like an obedient toddler.

Sehun cringes. Oppa?

He decides that she must like Jongin. 

 


Hello readers! again! This is now chapter two. Why do I feel like everything has been more of a filler than a story? I guess it's ta little lacklustre since no dramatic event has occured. Everything will be more like 'moments'. Well, AFF really hates me right now so i shan't talk too much. 

Here, I introduce Jongin. He is more of a supporting character and relatively important for the development of the plot. Compared to Sehun and Seungyeon, our protagonists and in some ways their own antagonists but that'll be revealing too much, eh? Jongin is a much shallower character and infinitely easier to express through writing, than the other two. The stronger emotions felt in my story shall be expressed through actions more than in speech or by me telling you how they feel. In fact, I only write their basic emotion. Their deeper feelings are for you to decipher. Not so much complications at the start though, so you may ignore my words for now. 

Please leave comments, they help me improve and once again, feel free to drop questions anywhere as long as I can see it. 

Lot's of Love, seonmin97