"Sweep up your trash will you? Oh, littering in the hallways is prohibited."

Destroying Oh Sehun's Pride.

 

“One more minute… … fifty one… forty two … “ Seungyeon’s eyes shift frantically from the school clock to her light blue digital watch strapped onto her pencil case.

“Thirty… twenty eight… … twenty two… “ The teacher continues to drone on and on about how heat produced from the incinerators can provide heat energy to warm homes. She doesn’t live near an incinerator and probably never will so who cares?

“Nineteen… … ten…” Giggling from the back. Of course, the pretty faces would be discussing about how Lee Minho decided that they were worth his time and would take them skinny dipping or something just as abhorrent.

“Three… two… one! “ The glorious ringing of the school bell sounds and everyone simultaneously stands up and amazingly, all their bags are packed. Within seconds, the humid classroom with its yellowed walls and stiff, grey chairs, is deserted.

Sehun saunters towards his locker. He is in a good mood today. Jongin is sick in bed, which means peace until he reaches home. Home to his hyung’s incessant chatter and frustrating dumbness. Sehun doesn’t even know why he decided to be roommates with that idiot. Perhaps it was the pity, or even the extra pocket to pay bills.  

He stones in front of his locker. What was password again? Oh, right. The first five numbers of the eight times table. One of eight is eight, two of eight is sixteen, three of eight is forty- wait. That’s not right. He sings a song with the tune of ‘London Bridge’ he created to help him remember. “Eight and sixteen, twenty four, thirty two and forty. Eight and sixteen, twenty four, thirty two and forty!” Still humming the tune, he twists the lock and it opens with a satisfying ‘click’.

Cue the epic slow motion camera and golden filters.

A massive amount of notes spew out of his locker like a waterfall. No, bad use of similes and hyperboles. This one should be better. Many notes fell out of his locker. Much better! Not as flowery as the first but much, much more accurate. Sehun checks the y trap he planted at the ventilation gap of his locker; a piece of transparent acrylic that seals the gaps and it was evidently broken.

He mentally face palms and curses the world for loving beautiful, more perfect than life men like himself and the heavens for cursing him with his Greek-god like appeal. Then he realises it’s his own fault since technically, he started it by talking self-pictures and posting them online on his blog. Word spreads around quickly and he’s instantly the guy girls should date. But then again, he never asked them to look so it really isn’t his fault. While considering all the reasons why it isn’t his fault for his very enviable plight, someone taps him on the shoulder. And what does one do when you are unsuspectingly tapped on the shoulder? One should jump in shock and Oh Sehun did just that. And he got pissed too.

“What.” He didn’t say it as a question but more of a statement. ‘What’ was a very good word to Sehun. Combined with his perpetual poker face, it usually sent a pretty good signal that meant, “Get lost.”

She was unfazed, though. 

“What.” He says again. Perhaps she didn’t hear him too well. She holds out a broom. “What in tarnation…”

“Sweep up your trash, will you? Oh, littering in the hallways is prohibited. “ she s the broom in his hands and walk away.  He stares at her, perplexed.

“What is your problem?” he asked, not daring to raise his voice in case this mad woman bites or something just horrifying. The mental image of her going gorillas on him made him shiver. He confesses to his ego that he is timid and it should not anger the very scary woman. The face was completely wiped of his visage.

“Student council. But it’s not really my problem but yours and every troublemaker in this school’s problem.” She takes a final glance at his perturbed expression before traipsing off.

 


Hello, readers! If you are reading this, it probably means you've read the first chapter. For that, I thank you sincerely and you deserve a round of applause and maybebubble tea, yes?

Some of you know me from my previous stories (I hope). I will be finishing up some of them ( I hope) and indulging myself in newer stories. As most of you, if you have read my previous crap, will realise that my writing has improved by leaps and bounds.

Also, do check out  The Seventeenth Blood-Moon: Breaking Momentum written by both tofumushroom and I. It's a taeny and taoris fic, set in a fictional-historical timeline. 

This, as mentioned, will be a short fic and I sure do hope I can update more often, especially since I have already planned the entire story. Once again, thank you!! 

Oh, I know somethings may be a little blury at the moment but it'll get better. Feel free to ask questions. I may write a post for the analysis of this story.