I Want To Be . . .

What Do You Want To Be ?

 

“What a beautiful sky…” she said to Kai, while the boy just looking at the different object. She took a long breath while the wind blow her hair, and the girl greets it wind hand spreading as wide as she could. Kai just chukled and look at that girl doing. "So, you like blue sky, white clouds, wind, coffee, raindrops, and . . . after-- what is it ?"

"Afterlife."

"Oh yeah, whatever." Kai take step forward. "Why you believed that such of . . . stupid mind ?"

"That's not stupid, Kai." said her. "It's a mystery of life, so, actually, I love mysteries."

As usual, Kai never minded her words.

Kai never understand this 4D-character young girl. She is a teenager but her mind is like a priest, her temperament is always down and stabile, she never get upset easily. And the most weird part is the last thing she said: she loves mysteries. Maybe she got it from her own life as soon as she born to the world without knowing anything. Until today, she even did not know who are her biological parents, siblings, and families. Rumour said she was born because of a couple of young lovebird who married by accident and threw the baby after born. She spent her young life in an oprhanage, at age of 10 she adopted, and she lived normally with her parents now.

"And so I love to obsevered everything I want to know. You can say I can't stand with this questions in my mind." said her again, point her head. "But there is one question I want to ask you."

Kai glanced at her.

"What is on your mind ?"

Kai sighed, "Empty." he said.

"No no no, mind is never empty." she said. "Tell me what is it."

He doesn't want to talk much, really.

"Do you believe reincarnation ?" and he ask that stupid question again.

After long silence, she nodded happily. "Of course I do, silly, you know, life is a circle, it always turn back to the beginning." said her.

"So, if you're reborn again, what do you want to be ?"

". . ."

~* * *~

[Kai's POV]

"So, if you're reborn again, what do you want to be ?"

And that is how my question became a part of the mystery. No, between us.

Days had passed just like I wake up from bed, go to school, come back to school, eat dinner, get sleep, and wake up again. She was right, life is a circle, it has no end and always turn back to the beginning. But she was wrong, because every single day is not the same, you can't celebrate your birthday everyday, you can't celebrate Christmas or Easter or anything that indicate date everyday. That's why yesterday remains memories.

I look at the blue sky, her most favourite thing in the world. Slowly, I put my two fingers as a frame to get this moment, the sky is beautiful, really. While my fingers stay still, I looked at her tombstone. I smiled, even though I'm not sure, I know what does she want to be, if she was reborn.

"So, you want to reborn as the blue sky ? Not bad, all you can do is just stare from above without feeling anything but clouds, eh ?"

Crazy. Yeah, really crazy. But that's how I understood her, like she understand me. If she didn't come to my life, maybe I would jump from my school roof or slice my wrist with a razor. It's okay she leave me alone again because of stomach cancer. In fact, I become stronger than the day before I met her. Call her freak, call me forever alone, but do anyone believe we could get along together ?

I cherish all those memories, I swear. Want some proof ? My eyes are now forming tears, ready to slide down.

 

"Anyway . . ."

 

"What is on your mind ?"

 

 

 

 

 

I supposed to say that instead of reincarnation things.

 

 

 

 

 

"The sky is beautiful, isn't it ?"

 

~* * *~

 

If your heart loses its way
I will stand there,
To show you where is love

[Sakura no Ki ni Narou - AKB48]

 

~* * *~