Alone

He's An Angel In My Life

It was a chilling morning as I sat on my bed, teary eyed, waiting for that gush of sorrow to fade away.

 

The typical morning started with getting dressed up and I headed down for breakfast.

 

The dining table still seemed odd to me as I stared at the empty spot. My brother used to sit right beside me and I felt empty and insecure without him. We only had each other in this cold and pathetic family.

Going against my Father to work for our family business, he couldn’t find a job in Korea due to my Father’s great influence.

The multinational companies had great relationship with my father and the smaller companies are afraid of offending my father.My brother had no other options but to venture abroad and my mother’s last words made him anxious about leaving me behind.

 

I remember him hugging me really tightly at the airport. I can feel that he wanted to protect me so badly.

“Oppa will come and take you away as soon as I have the ability to”, he whispered. There are no guarantees that nobody is watching or listening to us, therefore the whisper. The both of us are so accustomed to being cautious and maintaining that high level of alertness.

“Call me if you get bullied again”, he added. I squeezed his hands a little and I urged him to get going, giving him a faint smile.

I know that it would be a lonely fight for me after he’s gone.

Especially against Shin Se Kyung who is after everything that I own.

 

I sat down at my usual seat as the ajhuma placed my breakfast on the table. I took a sip out of the glass of milk and as I was about to put it back, a strong impact behind me caused me to spill my milk.

I stared at the slim figure who was constantly trying to find fault with me. Her face displayed her gleeful expressions as she sat proudly on her seat which was right opposite to mine.

I wiped my uniform which was stained with a little milk and I finished my breakfast quickly just to get out of the house as soon as I can. I get motion sickness very easily and thus gave me an excuse not to ride in the same car as shin se kyung when going to school and going home.

As the daughter of a wealthy family, I have to appear in school riding a limo and everything. Thus, I was forced to join Shin se kyung some distance away from school.

The both of us are considered to be popular in school because of our social status and our family background. Shin Se kyung is part of the popular gang in school and she was famous for being pretty and rich.

I was much known as having god grades and also from a wealthy family.

The reason why I studied so hard;

I was determined to decide my own fate and live the life I want instead of being manipulated.

.......

I have to first say that I am very proud of pulling myself out of lazy zone and updating. I'm sorry that it's pretty short. 

Btw, I don not hate shin se kyung or anything. I just need a character and a name.