I Do, I Still Do

Too Late for Everything : I Do, I Still Do

 

I hope you'll like it :) 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

*alarm*

 

“Uh.” I sighed then looked at clock beside my bed. It’s 6:13 am. Why so early? I looked at the date. November 11.

What’s with the date today? It has to be something. Oh! It’s my wedding day.

 

Wait.

 

Where’s my dress?

 

Where’s my flowers?

 

Where’s everyone?

 

I sighed. “This can’t be happening.” I ran to the bathroom and took a bath. After that, I ran downstairs and asked my driver to drive me to where the wedding ceremony will be held.

 

---------------------

“Aish. Traffic. Uhh!” I hate this. I’m going to be late.

As the cars didn’t move, I let my mind wander around.

 

 

 “Sunhee~” A sweet voice called my name. I can recognize it. Jonghyun.

“Kim Jonghyun!” I called and he suddenly hugged me.

“You’re here. I thought you’re not going. Happy 5th Anniversary.” He smiled and pecked my forehead.

“Yeah. I canceled all my events just for this special day.” I winked. He laughed.

 

We talked and talked while eating. Uh. This special day.

He suddenly held my hand. “Sunhee, I want to be the first one you see every morning. The one who will make your breakfast and eat it with you every single day. I want to be the one who will make you extremely happy. I want to stand beside you even when things get hard. I want to be the one who you will talk with when we are bored. Maybe we’ll be talking about the future… Our future. But then, talking about it is not enough. I want to be there in your future. I always want to be there on your side, forever. So, Sunhee, my love, my heart, my world, my everything. Will you be mine forever?”

After a few seconds of feeling numb, I felt that my hands are wet because of tears falling down. Did he really say that? I felt so happy that all I can say is, “Yes oppa yes.” We hugged each other tightly and shared a sweet kiss.

When we pulled away, he put the ring on my finger and pecked my forehead.

I really felt so happy that day.

 

 

I just realized that tears were falling down from my eyes. I remembered exactly what he said. How can I forget that?

The car is now moving. Finally.

 

“Ma’am, we can’t move on any further. I have to stay here.” I nodded and opened the door.

 

I ran to the sidewalk. It’s the same sidewalk we used to run together. But now, it’s just me who is running. No Jonghyun beside me, holding my hands while laughing his low but angel like voice.

I finally saw the little chapel where the wedding should be held. I ran a bit faster.

 

 

I answered the call. It was from Jonghyun.

“Hello”

“Sunhee, honey. How are you? I’m on my way now. I’m so excited to see my beautiful wife.”

“Not yet. Haha. We’re just getting married today. I’m still your fiancée. But I’ll be your wife today.”

“I know. I love you.” He whispered.

“I love you too, Jonghyun. Don’t even dare to forget that.”

“I won’t. Hahha. Why would I?” He laughed his angel-like laugh.

“I don’t know. Maybe when you forgot about it. I don’t know.”

“Haha. Even my mind forgot about it, my heart will keep telling me that Sunhee Park loves me.”

“Yeah yeah. Just keep listening.”

“Of course. Oh! I’m going – Ahhhhh!” A loud scream came from the other line of the phone. No way! That can’t happen.

 

 

. I hate this. I remembered it. Yeah.

 

I kept running. Why am I getting slow.

 

 

I ran to the Emergency room. No. That didn’t happen to my Jonghyun.

 

“Miss, are you Sunhee Park?” I nodded at the doctor. “We have some problems with him now. His head bumped onto something so hard. The problem is, he may not remember some events in his life. But we’re not so sure about that since he’s still asleep. Yet, it’s a possibility. That he may have an amnesia.

“No!” I cried in front of the doctor. That can’t be.

 

Haha. Even when my mind forgot about it, my heart will keep telling me that Sunhee Park loves me.”

 

I remembered his line earlier. Yeah. I should believe that he’ll not forget about our love. He doesn’t have amnesia.

 

 

I shook my head trying to throw away the memory. I’m crying now. I just can’t stand remembering the truth.

 

I’m getting nearer. I passed through a sign. It says:

 

Jonghyun Kim and Jaein Choi’s Wedding

 

No! It’s my wedding! I tripped and fell on the cemented sidewalk. But I stood up and ran faster.

 

I was getting nearer to the door. But it seems that time is getting slower every second.

 

Running…

 

            Running…

 

                        Running…

 

 

I finally reached the door. When I opened it, I saw the worst thing I should see. The groom is about to kiss the bride now. Jonghyun.

I tried to find my voice to shout ‘No’ but I failed. When their lips finally touched each other, I felt that everything stopped. Even my heart stopped.

They shared a romantic kiss.

I stopped there then suddenly ran somewhere. I can’t look at it anymore.

I covered my face and sat down on the floor. I cried loudly. No! That’s not Jonghyun. But it is Jonghyun. The groom. ! I can’t stand thinking about it. They are married now. I’m supposed to be the bride kissing him now. But no. It’s a different girl.

I’m feeling regretful now. Regretful for not fighting for him. Not telling him who I am. Just letting another girl win his heart. How can this be happening?

I cried loudly.

“I love you, Jonghyun oppa.” I whispered.

 

 

 

I heard someone’s voice. As I looked up, it’s Minhyun. Jonghyun’s best friend.

“Minhyun?” He grabbed my arms and pulled my upwards. He hugged me after that.

“I’m sorry.”

“For what?” I asked, sobbing in his chest.

“For not keeping my promise. I promised to help you in remembering. But he did insist that he doesn’t know you. He just remembered his ever-so-obsessed ex-girlfriend.”

“It’s okay. It’s late anyways.”

“I know. I’m really sorry.”

“I still love him.” He ruffled my hair.

“I know that.”

“He did tell me that he’ll listen to his heart. His heart says I love him.”

“He didn’t listen. He didn’t listen to anyone else. Just to Jaein.”

I cried harder in his chest.

 

 

 

*I miss you, Jonghyun oppa. I hope I can turn back time and tell you every time that I love you even though you won’t listen to me. I’ll still love you. But I know it’s late now. Too late for everything. *