Surprises In Store

Minew's Den

Onew.240.1092862.jpg

a/n: old fanfic. the reference for the story is long forgotten so sorry I can't guide you through the event. Rated (partly) for implied y time but since it didn't go all the way, I won't put it officially under M. ~


 

After their goodbye stage performance for Show Champion and a little after partying with the other artists later that night, the SHINee members went straight home. They’re were all dead tired and mute—metaphorically—that the moment their manager unlocks their dorm, the boys went straight to their respective rooms and climbed swiftly on their beds to rest. In literally a matter of seconds, they all slept peacefully as SHINee complete with their stage clothes on.

The next day, they woke up at twelve noon like robots in panic, until their leader came to them after hearing the rumbling sounds they were making. Onew understood their actions because he was an equal wreck when he woke up an hour before them only to find a message from their manager of their schedule delay.

“Chill… the show’s in the evening.” The leader finally mumbles, taking a drink off of his water bottle. They all snapped their heads on his way confusingly and he only presented a sticky note on his palm as a reply. 

[ I’ll pick you guys up in 6:30 pm sharp. Don’t leave your phones unattended. –manager- ]

“So…” Jonghyun, who was first to recover from their shock, tilted his head to see their wall clock. “…we have at least 5 hours free time, not bad.” He smirked and swiftly took his cell phone that hasn’t left his pocket since last night as if he planned for it to happen. He dialed on Sekyung’s number and went to the living room. “Sorry to call you…”

“I’m going back to sleep then,” Taemin said next as he yawn his way back to his room with Key following behind him without uttering a word. Their leader shrugged and went to get his toast off the toaster as it went ‘cling’ followed by the lankiest male in the group in silence.

“Hyung…” the tallest member mumbled as he watched the shorter guy look his way, his bangs covering one of his eyes. “Wear this,” 

Minho took of his black leather jacket he wore at the performance yesterday and placed it over Jinki’s shoulder, finding him looking a little cold since he was just wearing his trousers.

“I just took a shower…” Jinki mumbled, furrowing his eye brows with an awkward smile. 

“Oh, I’m sorry.” Minho blushed in embarrassment while withdrawing his used jacket, averting his gaze down the floor, disappointingly. “I just thought you were cold…”

“I’m not.” The other responded quickly, his eyes creased into a pair of crescents when he attempted to smile with his mouth already partly chewing on the toast. “You want some?” he offered to the slightly dazed member who was just staring at him as if in shock. With Minho’s big doe like eyes, it was really hard to tell.


“Not interested,” Minho says as he turns his back on the leader and dismissing the perplexed look the other was expressing with his harsh choice of words.

Not interested?


Jinki blinked as Minho headed to the bathroom, contemplating on how the younger man replied to him earlier. It was the first time he acted like that towards him—well maybe he did act like that before but it was prior to when they debuted and they didn’t know each other yet when he did it—He was really taken aback.

It was after another cling-ing sound of the toaster when he finally understood why the younger acted like that. He took a deep breath and ran his hand on his side bangs, trying not to pull it and just squeezed the ends from frustration. He frowned as his eyes rested on the white door before being pulled by a certain member out of nowhere.

≈♦≈


Minho came out of his hot bath, still upset about how their leader acted in front of him. He was trying to deny it before but Jinki’s definitely changing. His passiveness around him was stirring him the wrong way. He doesn’t care about him now. Whatever affection he shows to their leader, the other will just brush off. He doesn’t pay attention to him so much anymore.

After staging a lot with Jinki he thought their relationship was going on the right track. They have more time together and all but recently he became uncaring to the fact he was treated like any other member. And he isn’t any other member. He’s his lover for crying out loud. Jinki confessed to him six months ago after he, Choi Minho, deliberately kissed the leader backstage because he planned to confess too while the others were busy with the dry rehearsals and the staffs were out helping with the props. He was the happiest that time and Jinki did look at him with the same happiness but he wonders now…Was he unhappy now?

Minho froze at his own thoughts, almost banging his head on the door frame for thinking such thing before freezing again as he spotted Kibum and Jinki hugging. That was the last thing he wanted to see that day when his mind was already torturing him enough.

“ this…” he muttered under his breath, his deer-like eyes turned to a glare at the two, hoping it would magically make them let go of each other but to no avail. Why are they hugging? Why does it look like they’re consoling each other? Wait… is Jinki asking Key about how to break up with him?! Minho honestly felt like he was going to lose himself and he ended up running towards his room to calm himself down.
 

≈♦≈


The door banged loudly from across the other rooms and it successfully surprised all of the members: Taemin tiredly walked out of his room again because of it confused and partly worried of what’s going on; Jonghyun dropped his phone and was now frantically apologizing to his girlfriend from doing so; Key and Onew, who was the closest, finally let go of each other and eyed the close door with the leader giving a knowing look on his face—guilt.  
“It’s alright.” 

“How can that be alright? He hates me now!” 

Jinki ran his hand to his hair again, really tugging on it hard that Key scolded him and held both of his hands in his.

“Calm down, I got everything covered.” 

Jinki blinked, feeling a little weird, but let Key drag him their shared room where Taemin stood, looking confused as he was. “Glad you woke up Minnie, I need a hand.” 

The magnae blinked but nodded his head lazily and closed the door diligently when the diva asked him too. 

“Yah, Kibum!”
 

≈♦≈


Minho’s bubble burst as he heard a yelp coming from the other room. He shambled his way towards his door to see where it came from when the door swung open by itself and someone was pushed towards him.

“!—“Minho agape instantly seeing Jinki balancing himself above him, his hands were only placed on the floor, not even touching Minho’s loose shirt. 

“Mianhae…” Jinki whispered when he finally moved away along with his hands that caged the tall member temporarily on the floor and placed it over his knees as he hid his face. “…If I’ve been neglecting you... lately.” he continued.

Minho stares at him for a couple of seconds before his eyes looked as wide as an owls.  

“So it’s on purpose?” the other said blatantly, positioning himself to sit opposite to the other man; his legs apart on each side of the distressed leader.

“Sort off.” Minho let out a chuckle of disbelief, opening his mouth to talk but forgot what to say when he looked at Jinki who slowly lifted his head with a clear intention of not meeting his gaze. “Lately I’ve been reflecting about what our manager told me and although it hurts to stay away from you, I had to. I really need to act more and look more like a leader you know. It’s kinda hard when I have you beside me because I know you’d help me out and I’ll let you so yeah. I know it’s selfish because I didn’t bother explaining—Are you crying?!” Jinki paused momentarily as he watched Minho cover his face with his shaky hands.

 “I didn’t mean to hurt you!”

Jinki crawled near the lanky male, attempting to put a comforting hand on his shoulders when the latter suddenly laughed out loud, surprising him instead. Minho almost rolled onto his side but wasn’t able to because the leader was in between his legs. 

“Hyung… w-what’s with the pigtails and ribbons? Oh and that red trench coat and school bag? You look so funny, right now!” Minho tapped on the floor, trying to get in more air to his lungs so he can breathe. “I heard your explanation b-but… PWAHAHA!”

“! It’s Key’s fault! Damn him!” Jinki bellowed completely flustered, covering his face with an arm while removing the accessories placed on him. After a few seconds he turned to crawl away from the younger male but was pulled back in the latter’s tight embrace; Minho’s head nuzzling on the crook of his neck and right cheek shortly. 

“I missed you—”Minho whispered closely to Jinki’s reddened ears. His voice abruptly discontinued his playful tune and turned really soft.“—so bad…”

Jinki hugs him back, curling his fist on to his shirt.

“I know…” the leader’s voice shook to make his crying known.


The dark haired member slowly turned him until they’re face to face again, putting his hands to wipe away the other’s tears. He then proceeded to catch Jinki’s plump lips with his own for the sweetest kiss they had not been sharing for sometime due to the said issue.

Jinki momentarily flinched before gathering his strength to kiss back a little when his back met the floor.


Minho smiled, deepening the kiss he started. Jinki’s soft mewls were very satisfying to his ears.

“You’re really selfish…” the younger spoke with his lips only a breath away from Jinki’s. He watches the disapproving look of the older male who knew he was teasing. It made the older pouted but Minho’s very into teasing to stop.

“How can you make someone mad then completely make them forget it ever happened and at the same time making them feel guilty they made you upset too? That’s very unfair, you should be punished.”

There was an awkward moment of silence as soon as the word ‘punish’ left the younger male’s lips. The two had suddenly fallen into a stare down before one of them fails when the other smirked.

“What? I --Yah… don’t start really…” Jinki fidgeted slightly with the memories of Minho's punishment flooding his now dirty mind. “Your punishments will affect our performance later on. We can’t do it!” 

“Well…”Minho continues to smirk while his lips that only made the other more uneasy. “I wasn’t really implying anything like that to happen but that’s quite an idea." he emphasizes as he leans back to Jinki’s face; breath too hot on the older’s skin.

“Wait!” Jinki placed his hands firmly on Minho’s chest. “I told you, we have to perform on stage remember? We really can’t. Not now… and on the floor too…”

The older froze at his last words hoping at least he could take it all back instantly as the, now, determined look on Minho’s face meant.

He just dug his own grave.

Jinki felt Minho’s hands grip his tightly before pinning it over his head, restraining his movements as he tries to break free.

“No—“

“Yes, on the floor.” 

 

≈♦≈


Taemin and Key looked at each other as the two members made ‘sounds’ from behind their door. They were eaves dropping the whole time trying to find out if their little make over did anything good for the two. 

“Well I think even without the dress up Jinki hyung would’ve been alright,”

“Yes, but it’s because Minho’s too easy. Jinki had him on his palm and to think he’s still oblivious about it,”

“Ahaha…Jinki’s really adorable. I’d be no different from Minho-hyung,” 

“Really?” the diva made quite a peculiar expression but the other seemed to have understood it quite well.

 “Yes. But since we helped those poor souls… Umma, I want to call you ‘Hyung’ today,”

The magnae purred to Key’s ears, walking back to his room with his gaze hot at the older member. 

“How about our performance later?” Key smirks as he gingerly follows with small steps.

“Hmm… the two could manage so I don’t think it would be impossible for us as well.” Taemin smirked having his index crooked shortly, signaling the other to come closer.

“You don’t point a finger on someone older, it’s bad.” Key leans in. “I think you also deserve a punishment.”

“I think so too, ‘hyung’…” Taemin goes inside the room with a giggle when Key pushed him and slammed the door behind them.



“! SERIOUSLY!” Jonghyun puffed as he stormed outside.  He dropped his phone again only this time it hanged on Sekyung. He speed dialed her number and talked hurriedly before she can even say a thing.


“HelloI’mreallysorrythatIhangedup.I’llbegoingtoyourplaceinsteadloveyou!”