I promise you.

Tears of a Fool

JONGHYUN'S POV

I've been here for a while now. I can already see the sun setting. It glistened over the ocean and turned it bright orange. I finally got up from the sand, and stared at the ocean. I looked at my hand, which was still holding the picture. I then turned my hand around, and saw my couple ring that I shared with Key. I took it off and looked in the inside. "I love you, with all my heart" was carved inside. One last tear rolled down my cheek. I put the picture near my chest and kissed my ring repeatedly.

"I'll never find another like you, Key," I whispered. I dragged my feet in the sand closer to the ocean. I stopped walking when the water started to crash onto my legs. I looked up at the sky and closed my eyes. I took a deep breath. 

"I love you, Key. I swear, with all my heart. If I were to choose between whether to die or not see you anymore, I'd rather di, and keep you safe in my heart forever. I'll never let this ring go. Its proof that I never watned to let you go in the first place. No one could ever replace you. 

I opened my eyes and looked back. No one was around. I turned around. 

"Key, I hope that if we ever see each other again, you'll still be the same old Key I've come to know and love. I love you just the way you are. And I hope that when you finaly see me again, you'll fall in love with me all over again. Just like you did before. If we have to start all over again, forgetting all of the wonderful memories that we shared, just to be together again, then so be it. I just want to get to the point where you start loving me again. Until that day comes, I hope you'll do well without me. Because I know for sure that you're stronger than me. You may not know it, but its true. Truth is, I'm really scared right now. I'm scared because of the fact that I have to leave in order to meet up with you again so you can fall for me again. Until that day comes, goodbye. I love you." I started to shake again. I sighed and took a big gulp. As I was about to take a step forward, I heard someone panting behind me. 

"Jonghyun!" That voice. I've heard it before. I quickly turned around and saw Key, panting heavily. 

"Key...is that you?" I asked. 

"Yes, Jonghyun, its me," Key answered in between breaths. I let him catch his breath before he could talk again.

"Are you okay?" I asked, making sure he wasn't about to pass out. He looked at me with sad eyes. 

"No, I'm not okay. I feel so alone in this world. No one is here to keep me safe anymore. No one is here to tell me everything is going to be okay anymore. I've been alone for two whoole months. You know I hate the feeling of being alone. Jonghyun, I'm scared. I'm scared because I might actually end up all alone, but I just can't learn to trust someone." Key was shaking. A few tears started to roll down his cheeks. "Jonghyun, I'm sorry. This is all my fault. I should've trusted you. At least up until the point where I finally had the courage to go apologize to you, but everytime I tried, I start feeling scared. I feel scared because you might not talk to me anymore. I feel scared because you might hate me. At first, all I wanted to do was apologize to you, even if you hated me. But I heard you. Just earlier, you accidently called and said that you still loved me. Even after I left you, you still continued to love me. This makes me feel even more guilty." 

Key was still looking at me with sad eyes. He started to cover his eyes with his trembling hand. 

"Jonghyun, I'm sorry, but I love you! I'm still in love with you. I want you back in my life. I'm scared. I'm alone in this world without you. I can't do anything without you. Please put me back in your arms again. Put me back in your life again. I need you. Please take me back," he cried out. He looked like he was about to fall over. 

"Key..." I whispered. He looked up at me, and I smiled at him. "Of course I'll take you back." I started crying a little again, but because I was happy. Key was still in love with me. 

Key smiled at me, ran towards me, and put his arms around my neck. He cried on my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around him and rubbed his back. He's finally back in my arms again. He took his head off of my shoulder and kissed me. As I kissed him back, I felt him smileing. I pulled away slowly from him, and he looked at me confused. 

"You're amazing, you know that?" 

"How so?" Key asked. 

"In just one day, you fufilled two of my wishes. One of them aws for you to comeback to me." 

"And what's the other one?" 

"To be kissed by you during a sunset by the ocean." Key smiled at me and chuckled. 

"You do realize that people are watching us, right?" I looked around. A huge group of people were watching us. I smiled. 

"I could care less about who watches us. So for now, just shut up and kiss me." By shuting Key up, I planted another kiss on Key's warm, pink lips. Both of us were smileing during our kiss. The people around us continued to stare. Some were in awe, and some were freaked out, but we didn't care. This is the happiest moment of my life. 

KEY'S POV

We kissed for awhile, and when we finally pulled away, I burried my face in between his neck and his shoulder. His body was warm. I wanted to cuddle with him all night long. As I picked up my head to look at Jonghyun, I saw a wave coming towards us. Before I could tell him to move, it had already hit us, making us wet from head to toe. I started shivering. 

"Key, are you okay?" Jonghyun askeed me, looking more concerned about me than himself. I sometimes hated when he put others before himself. Because it means that he doesn't take care of himself very well. But I also loved it because it also meant that he cares about me so much. 

"Yeah, I'm okay. I'm really cold though," I answered while shivering. 

"Let's go home and get you changed. You'll get sick if you stay out here too long." Jonghyun put his hands to my shoulders while putting his jacket over me, and guided me through the cold sand, where we headed to his apartment. 

As we started walking down the sidewalk, the street lights kept flicking on and off. There were no cars around. Just a few people out. Everyone else was nice and dry indoors. The flickering lights were bothering me. Suddenly, a strong wind blew. Jonghyun covered me with his body, making sure the wind didn't hit my face. It nearly blew off my jacket. When the wind stopped, Jonghyun got off of me, and I reached into my pocket. 

"Oh no, where is it?" I yelled. 

"Where's what?"

"Our picture! I had i in my pocket before I came here." I checked both of my pockets. They weren't there. I looked off onto the road. The streetlights stayed on long enough for me to see my picture left sitting on the road. "There it is!" I could tell that it was soaking wet. It must've fell out of my pocket since it was so wet, then it got blown away from the wind. 

"I'll go get it for you," insisted Jonghyun. Jonghyun walked away from me and onto the road to pick up the picture. Suddenly, I heard something coming his way. I looked down the road a little farther and saw a car coming. It was speeding. 

"Jonghyun! Come back!" I screamed. 

"Wait, I have to get your picture back!" he screamed back. I looked at the car again. It was came closer. 

"Jonghyun!!" It looked like he didn't hear me. He picked up my picture and smiled at it. He didn't move an inch. He looked at me and smiled. But then it quickly faded away when he saw me tearing. 

"Key what's wrong?" he asked gently. 

"Jonghyun! Come back! Hurry!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. Before he can take a step forward- No. Before he can even blink, the car had already reached his body. The car hit him, making him fall and skid across the road. The car stopped and the man inside honked his horn while he stepped on the break. 

"JONGHYUN!!" I screamed. My hands were trembling and Jonghyun's jacket fell off my shoulders. I saw many people crowd around him. The only one who didn't care, was the driver that had hit him. He took one look at him and continued to drive off. He threw a bottle of alcohol out the window. When he was no where in sight anymore, I ran to the group of people. They made way for me to see Jonghyun laying on his side. 

"...Jonghyun?...Jonghyun!" I yelled. He didn't say a word. I flipped him onto his back. He didn't open his eyes at all. "Jonghyun...please wake up..." I whispered. 

"Call an ambulance!" someone said. I was too busy paying attention to Jonghyun that I didn't hear anyone else after that. 

"Jonghyun, if you can hear me...please wake up..." I cried. I waited a fedw seconds until he finally opened his eyes. He turned his head a little to look at me. He smiled and raised up his hand. 

"I...got it..." he whispered. In his hand he held my picture, which was almost torn apart already. I cried some more and rested my head on his stomach, but not too hard since I thought it might hurt him a little. "Why are you crying?" 

"Do you not see the situation that you're in right now?!" I yelled. 

"But I'm fi....." He couldn't even finish his sentence. He closed his eyes again and turned his head the other way. 

"Jonghyun?! Jonghyun!!" I screamed as loud as I could. No answer. The ambulance finally came and took him away. I cried as they took him away from me.

"Excuse me, would you like me to give you a ride to the hospital?" a woman who came up to me said. I nodded my head and followed her to her car, where she took me to the hospital.

The doctor made me wait for hours until I could see Jonghyun. When he finally came out, he looked at me and sighed. "He's in there" was all he could say to me. He patted me shoulder and walked away. I entered Jonghyun's room, where I found him lying on a big white hospital bed. All I could hear in the room was his soft breathing and the sound of beeping, almost getting louder and louder. I walked towards Jonghyun and got on my knees. 

"Jonghyun?" I whispered. I was releived when he quickly opened his eyes half way and stared at me. 

"Key? Is that you?" he asked. I nodded my head. "I'm sorry."

"Its okay. You were only trying to get my picture back. That means a lot to me."

"But...now I have to leave," he whispered, but loud enough for me to hear. 

"What? Leave? What do you mean?"

"My body won't allow me to stay like this any longer...." The beeping noise got louder and longer. 

"Wait...you're leaving me?! Already?! You can't! I just got you back! I dont' wanna lose you again! This is all my fault!" I buried my face in my hands and started crying again.

"Key, its not your fault. Nothing is ever your fault. All I said I was leaving. I didn't mean that I was leaving 'you'. I would never do that."

"But-!"

"We're gonna meet up again. Soon. Very soon. And I'll be waiting for you until that time comes. Okay?" I looked at his smileing face. I could tell that he wanted to cry as well, but he was trying to show me that he wasn't afraid. "I want you to smile." I shook my head "no". 

"I can't," I cried out. 

"Please? For me? Before I go, I wanna see your smileing face." I looked at him a little longer. Then I got up from me knees and kissed him. My hand was trembling on his shoulder, as his was pulling me closer. When I pulled away, I forced a smile. "That's better." Finally his tears escaped from his eyes. He pulled me in for a tight hug. "I mean it when I say this. Key, I love you so much. Always and forever. I'll never stop loving you. When its our time to meet again, come find me. And I'll do the same. I love you." I blinked a couple times. My smile faded away. 

"I love you too Jonghyun..." At that moment, the only sound I heard in the room was a loud beeping noise that looked like it could last forever. His breathing stopped. His hands dropped. The only thing of his that didn't move, was his mouth, which was perfectly in a curve, forming a beautiful smile. He was gone. I layed my head on his stomach and cried. 

"I promise you Jonghyun. When its our time to meet again, I'll come find you. I'll never stop looking. Not until I'm back in your arms again. Promise me that you'll come find me right away. Don't ever stop. Promise?" As much as I had hoped for him to answer me, nothing came out of his mouth, but what I did hear was like a voice in my head, that sounded a lot like Jonghyun. 

"I promise." 

 

So in the end, it all came down to this TT TT Even I feel like crying. I should stop making endings like this...

Sorry this took so long! Please tell me what you think!! <3