Its all my fault. (Take me back.)

Tears of a Fool

Key's POV

As I came out of the shower, I quickly grabbed my towel and ran it through my wet hair, then wrapped it around my waist. I looked at myself in the mirror. It was totally obvious that I haven't been sleeping well lately. I have dark sleep lines near my eyes. Usually when I can't sleep, its because something is bothering me. And usually, I never exactly know what's bothering me, but this time, I knew exactly what it was I quickly put on a white tank top, black skinny jeans, and went out the door while still drying my hair with my towel. 

I walked into my room towards my dresser and picked up my phone. No new messages. I never get messages anymore. Not even phone calls. I was so used to seeing my phone filled with new messages because they used to be all from Jonghyun. I remember how he would always text me anytime of the day. 

I sighed and put my phone back. That's the thing that's been bothering me. I keep thinking about him. I broke-up with him two months ago, but I still want him here with me. This whole break-up thing is all my fault. I should've trusted him in the first place. Our break-up keeps replaying in my head. It was the day after our three-year anniversary. I remember that we were suppose to meet up at our favorite coffee shop. When I got there, he was already holding a girl in his arms. 

"Jonghyun?!" I screamed. He quickly looked at me and let go of the girl. 

"Key! I can explain!" He tried to reach for me, but I quickly snatched my hand away. 

"How could you do this to me? We've been together for three years, and this is how you show your love for me?!" People were crowding around us. I could hear some of the whispers. 

"But I do love you! Honestly!" He looked at me with sad eyes. 

"Oppa, no! Please don't leave me!" The girl next to him yelled. She hugged his waist, looking like she never wanted to let go. I was at the point of crying. I backed away a few steps. Jonghyun was still looking at me. 

"Key, I swear, this isn't what it looks like! I-"

"No, Jonghyun. I don't wanna hear your lies! I can't beleive I trustede you. Just stay away from me now. It's over!" I screamed at thet top of my lungs. I saw tears rolling down his face. I turned away from him and ran through the group of people in front of me, right when my tears to started to come out as well. 

"KEY!!" Jonghyun called out, but I didn't stop running until I finally got home. As I went up into my room, I cried so loud that I didn't care who heard me. I cried for days. During those days, all I heard was the sound of me crying and my phone going off. When I had finally calmed down, I checked my phone. I had 27 new messages. All from Jonghyun. I read them all, but never replied back. Almost all of them said the same thing. 

"Key, I'm sorry. Please let me explain what happened. Please reply back. I love you so much." Reading his messages made me cry a little more. 

"If you really loved me, then you wouldn't be holding another girl in your arms. I know you're just gonna lie to me if I reply to you, so why bother? I told you. Its over," I said aloud. I threw my phone at the ground. 

I didn't get anymore messages from him after that day. I barely went out of the house anymore. Everytime I would get out of the house, I would always go somewhere with Jonghyun by my side. 

Just a few days ago, I finally got a text, but it wasn't from him. It was just another number. I checked my phone and read the message. 

"Hello, Key oppa! This is Yi Sung. Remember? The girl you saw with Jonghyun oppa? I just wanted to apologize for what happened that day. I was being very childish. You see, Jonghyun is a very good friend of mine, but he's too old for me. I'm only in middle school at the moment. I came crying to him because my boyfriend had broken up with me, and I didn't want to feel alone. But I forgot that Jonghyun was dating someone. I should've cried to someone else. Please don't blame him for this. He loved you very much. I'm the one to blame. I'm very sorry." 

I stared at my phone for a while. Jonghyun was trying to tell me, but I wouldn't listen to him. I should've just trusted him in the first place. After all, relationships are all about trust, right?

I want to text or call him right now, but everytime I try to, my hand starts to shake. I feel scared. What if he doesn't want to talk to me anymore? After all, I never replied back to him for two months. What if he forgot all about me already? All I want to do is at least apologize too him. This is all my fault. 

I looked up at the corber of my mirror. A picture of me and Jonghyun was hanging at the corner. I took it off and looked at it. It was taken on our second anniversary. That was when he died the tip of his hair blonde. We went out all day walking around town. This picture has been here ever since that day. I almost forgot all about it. 

I looked down at my hand. I was still wearing our couple ring. I took it off and read the inside. "I love you, with all my heart" was carved in it. I started to cry again and sat on my bed. I looked at both my ring and the picture. I put the picture near my chest and kissed my ring repeatedly. I bit my lip, trying not to cry so loud. 

"Jonghyun, I'm so sorry. Please come back to me. This is all my fault. I should've trusted you. I need you back in my life. Please...text me, call me, do anything! I just want you back in my life. I want to hear your voice again. I want to feel your hugss again. I want you kissing me again. Please...I still love you. So much, with all my heart," I whispered. 

Am I a fool? Am I a fool to actually beleive that Jonghyun will actually come back to me one day? What are the odds of that happening? Its not like he can hear my cries right now. I guess I really am a fool. I'm so stupid. I should've trusted him. Here I am, crying for him now. A tear fell down to my hand. It was a tear of a fool. These are a fool's only tears. 

At that moment, my phone rang. I quickly ran over to it to see who was calling. It was Jonghyun. 

"Hello? Hello? Jonghyun?" I called, still having tears rolling down my cheeks. There was no answer. "Hello?" I called out again. Still no answer. I listened to it a bit more. Just when I was about to hang up, I heard his voice. 

"Key...Key...I'm sorry...please come back to me..."

I tried to talking to him again, but he still didn't say anything to me. He must of sat on his phone without noticing me and called me by accident. 

"Key, I'm so sorry. Please come back to me. I caan't live this long without you. I need you here with me. I didn't mean to do it. I never loved her anyway. I only loved you. You're the only one who can steal my heart away. I want to have yours, and I want you to have mine. Please don't leave me like this. I need you. More than ever. I miss you. It's heartbreaking to see you not here with me anymore. I want you. I want you back in my arms again. I love you. I love you more and more each day. Even though you're not here. I never stopped loving you. So please...come back to me."

I was crying more than ever now. Jonghyun still loves me. He can take me back now. I want to be by his side again. 

"Jonghyun! Jonghyun! Can you hear me?!" I shouted. He still couldn't hear me. "Where are you?!" Before I could say anything else, the line cut off. "Jonghyun? Jonghyun!" I cried some more. Then, I just remembered that I also heard waves crashing in the background. He's at the beach. I quickly grabbed a plain shirt from my closet, slipped it on, and ran out of the house. 

 

Sorry this took so long TT TT

Please comment! Otherwise I'll assume that this is really boring D: