Its all my fault. (I need him back.)

Tears of a Fool

Jonghyun's POV

"Get out of my way!" I picked up my head and looked to the side of me. I was standing in front of a line of cars in the middle of the street. How long have I been standing here? I quickly ran out of the way onto the sidewalk. I had no idea where I was. I looked behind me and saw the ocean. How did I get here? As I walked down the stairs towards the sand, I felt a cool breeze. When was the last time I've been to, or even seen the ocean? If I remember correctly, it was last summer since I've been here. Which means its been two months since I've seen...him. 

Now I remember why I was here. I took a walk to try and forget about him. It's already been two months since our break-up.. Of all days, we just had to break-up the day after our three year anniversary. We spent that day right here on the beach. He was so happy when I brought him here. I loved how it was just us in the beach  that whole day. We had everything to ourselves. 

This is getting really hard to forget him. I just can't stop thinking about him. We've been together for so long, that I literally knew everything about him. Even I knew more things than he did. I walked closer to the ocean and sat down on the warm sand. I  remember him perfectly. 

Key was a wonderful person. We told each other everything. We met when we were only ten, and been best friends ever since. That is, until I started having feelings for him. I didn't think I would actually come to love him more than just a friend. The day when I confessed to him was in the middle of July. At first, I wish it hadn't rained that day. I ran to his house in the pouring rain. I didn't have an umbrella with me, nor did I have a hood to cover my head. All I was wearing was a long sleeve shirt and jeans. Back then then, I didn't care that I was getting wet. All I cared about was telling Key that I loved him, after so many years. I guess I just couldn't take it. When I got to his house, he looked surprised at me. 

"Jonghyun?! What are you doing here?!" he yelled as he opened the door. 

"Sorry. I just came here to tell you something," I said out of breath. 

"And you couldn't even text or call me to say something? Wait here." Key went back into his house to grab a huge jacket and a pink umbrella. He told me to wear the jacket, but I refused. He pouted, so instead he just put it around both of us, since it was big enough. He opened up the umbrella and we started walking down the street. 

"So what was so important that you needed to tell me?" Key asked. I sighed and took a big gulp. If I told him I loved him, I wouldn't know how he would react. Would he have feelings for me too? Would he say he only wanted to be friends? Would he start to hate me? Actually, I didn't care. All I wanted was for him to know that I loved him. So, I just went all out and told him straight. 

"Key, I love you. I've loved you for quite sometime now. I've realized that I can't go a day without you. I can't live without you. I'm prous to say that you have stolen my heart. I think about you every single day. You never leave my mind. Earlier today, I decided that I just couldn't keep this a secret from you any longer. You're more important to me than having this rain fall on my head I don't know if you'll except my feelings or not, but I just wanted to let you know that you're the best thing that has ever happened in my life. I love everything about you. You're laugh, the way how you pretend that you're always right and then blush when you realize that you're wrong, the way how you don't care about people's opinnions about the way you dress, how you always cook for me, the way how you always stay by my side when something goes wrong for me. I love absolutley everything about you. And I just wanted to let you know that I love you so much that I would die for you." 

It was silent for a while. All I could hear was the sound of rain hitting the top of the umbrella and the ground. I clenched my fist while holding the umbrella. I was afraid of what he was going to say. 

"Jonghyun..." I turned to looked at him. He was crying. 

"Key are you okay?" I asked. He continued to cry. He covered his mouth. "Key, what's wrong? Why are you cry-" Key quickly turned towards me, making the jacket fall straight to the ground. He put his arms around my neck and planted his lips right on top of mine. I dropped the umbrella because I was surprised at him. I quickly closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around him. The rain fell on us hard. We were soaking wet, but we didn't care. We just continued to kiss, like we were the only two people in this world. Nothing else mattered. It was colld, but his lips were purely warm. He pulled away slowly. I frowned at him because I wanted to kiss him longer. "You have no idea how long I've waited for you to say that to me," he whispered. He smiled back at me when I smiled at him. "You're amazing, you know that?"

"How so?" I asked. 

"In just one day, you fufilled two of my wishes. One of them was for you to tell me you loved me."

"And what's the other one?"

"The other one was to be kissed in the rain by you." I continued to smile at him. 

"You do realize that I'm gonna eventually get sick after this." He laughed a little. 

"I'll take care of you later. But for now, just shut up and kiss me." And with that, he planted his pink, warm lips right on top of mine. I felt him smileing during our kiss. After that day, I was glad that it rained. The mood was just perfet when we kissed. But also because the next day, I really did get sick and Key had to take care of me for the whole day. He nagged at me, but he still had a smile on his face. 

I miss seeing his smile. It always brightened up my day whenever I would see it. Actually, if I even look at a pitcure of him smileing, I would be set for the whole day. I reached into my pocket and found something in it. I took it out and held it up at the sky. 

It was a picture of me and him on our first anniversary. We spent that day right at his house. He still had his curly hair back then. He started straightening his hairs says after that died his hair black. 

I almost didn't notice the tear rolling down my cheek. People were looking at me, but I didn't care. 

"Key...Key...I'm sorry...please come back to me..." I cried out loudly. I layed flat on my back and covered my eyes with my arm, still holding the picture in my trembling hand. I could hear people whispering over my loud cries. Some were calling me crazy. Yes, Iam crazy. Crazy for Key. 

"Key, I'm so sorry. Please come back to me. I can't live this long without you. I need you here with me. I didn't mean to do it. I never loved her anyway. I only loved you. You're the only one who can steal my heart away. I want to have yours, and I want you to have mine. Please don't leave me like this. I need you. More than ever. I miss you. Its heartbreaking to see yo not here with me anymore. I want you. I want you back into my arms again. I love you. I love you more and more each day. Even though you're not here. I never stopped loving you. So please...come back to me. 

Am I a fool? Am I a fool to actually beleive that Key will actually come back to me one day? What are the odds of that happening? Its not like he can hear my cries right now. I guess I really am a fool. I'm so stupid. I should've never had done that. Here I am crying for him now. A tear fell down to my shoulder. It was a tear of a fool. There are a fool's only tears. 

 

How is it so far? ^^ Sorry this took a while. 

The reason why they broke up shall be revealed in the next chapter!

Please comment and subcribe <3